Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

It was a ****ing joke. Dayum!!! :lol

I was mostly referring to the helmet, which looked godawful in the flash exposed image. Overall, I like Josh's pictures of Vader, and think it would be good if he ends up looking like that for the collectors. Still, he coulda been static, with no interchangable parts, and maybe a hundred less. That's what really irks me...

Easy pre-order for me, couldn't resist the pose with Skywalker staring into the unblinking skeletal mask of Vader, surrounded by the searing heat glow of Mustafar.

Best pose I've seen in a Vader statue.

A bit worried about how the lava reflection paint job will turn out in production... But you pays ya money & takes ya chances.

This makes a tempting upgrade from my near decade-old Koto version 1...

BTW, how is it that SS lists this piece as "In Stock" yet it says also states "Est. Ship Date: April 2013"?

Last edited:

Not always. Sometimes they give you a replacement but not refund correct?

In my experience, it is up to the collector. I have heard about times where they are out of replacements and have to give a refund only, but not the other way around.

That's a very washed out photo because of the flash. It's going to highlight the paint even more so. The photo I took is not using flash and representative of what it looked like.
Ah, yes, now that you point it out, I can see in that photo how washed-out Vader's face is. Hard to believe how much the flash picks up on the orange but your photos indeed show a much more nuanced paint job. As long as the production paint turns out well, this will be a stunning piece. They've done a great job in portraying Vader's introspection and perhaps remorse.

Yeah suckers!

Josh schooled you...
*returns Star Wars fan club card in shame*

Ah, yes, now that you point it out, I can see in that photo how washed-out Vader's face is. Hard to believe how much the flash picks up on the orange but your photos indeed show a much more nuanced paint job. As long as the production paint turns out well, this will be a stunning piece. They've done a great job in portraying Vader's introspection and perhaps remorse.

*returns Star Wars fan club card in shame*

Comic-Con is a difficult place to nail every photo. Hell I've learned the hard way taking shots here and there how much flash can mess things up.

I have to admit I have done a complete 180 on this piece.

At first I wasn't impressed at all but as better photos have been posted I have to admit it looks fantastic :).

May have to start on the mythos line myself....

Back