Premium Format Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just used the ones that came with the piece. Are those alkaline?

I don't think SS would shell out for lithium as they are more expensive so I would assume they are alkaline. I might throw in some heavy duty lithium's to see if they work, the ones for cameras should do the trick.

Batteries they include are complete junk, leave them in for any time at all and they leak.

As a side note, I forgot and never updated the thread that my replacement body from SS had the same broken leg as the first plus a few other issues. They offered a $60 refund as there were "no more replacement parts" again. Major surgery was not worth $60 so I had to send it back.

Happy ending though, I was able to pick up a mint one on eBay for less than retail.

Man, thats such a shame.
Malgus is so imposing and a great sculpt.

I've got him lined up with General Grievous, but those two together make Darth Maul look like a midget.
May have to rethink that one.

Man, thats such a shame.

I've got him lined up with General Grievous, but those two together make Darth Maul look like a midget.
Malgus' hands appear to be sculpted too big but it doesn't take anything away from the piece. I still love it. Very menacing look to him.

Man, thats such a shame.

Yea, I was lucky to score the one cheap on eBay, but could just have easily had to spend the $500+ these go for now. He pairs great with my Darth Talon and hopefully will with the new Vader PF.

Batteries they include are complete junk, leave them in for any time at all and they leak.

As a side note, I forgot and never updated the thread that my replacement body from SS had the same broken leg as the first plus a few other issues. They offered a $60 refund as there were "no more replacement parts" again. Major surgery was not worth $60 so I had to send it back.

Happy ending though, I was able to pick up a mint one on eBay for less than retail.

Woah that's lucky, did you have to stalk ebay for long? I'm looking for this sculpt too, but my local shop is selling a defective one at retail -.-" defective meaning the lights don't go on at all. I'd love to get this piece, the picture of the statue alone was what got me into collecting SS.

Woah that's lucky, did you have to stalk ebay for long? I'm looking for this sculpt too, but my local shop is selling a defective one at retail -.-" defective meaning the lights don't go on at all. I'd love to get this piece, the picture of the statue alone was what got me into collecting SS.
No, I did not have to wait long, but I have not seen another within $50 since. Retail for a broken one is too much IMO unless you don't plan to use them ever. I would hold out for a good one at a decent price, it may be a while though.

This is quite possibly my favourite collectible that I own..., I went for the exclusive head when displaying my statue, I figured what's the point in getting the exclusive if I'm not going to take advantage of what's exclusive!?! :)

This is quite possibly my favourite collectible that I own..., I went for the exclusive head when displaying my statue, I figured what's the point in getting the exclusive if I'm not going to take advantage of what's exclusive!?! :)

Yes he's very cool. I don't even collect Star Wars but I wanted this one. The ex head and reg head is both amazing! I display both so I change it every month or so. As for favorite SW PF I like a few on the same level like chicken leg maul ex, grevious ex, talon ex, shak it ex, so I can't say which is my favorite. I'm still wishing we can get a modern ventress.

Yes he's very cool. I don't even collect Star Wars but I wanted this one. The ex head and reg head is both amazing! I display both so I change it every month or so. As for favorite SW PF I like a few on the same level like chicken leg maul ex, grevious ex, talon ex, shak it ex, so I can't say which is my favorite. I'm still wishing we can get a modern ventress.

I'd like to get my hands on a Darth Talon & the mechanical legs Maul statues, both of those look great but I started collecting after Talon was released & pondered too long when it came to Maul, I think I'll be able to get him ok at some point, Talon is way out of my comfort zone price wise though so I've just had to settle for Gentle Giant's statue & mini-bust of her, both are nice but I know they are really just second best.

I'd like to get my hands on a Darth Talon & the mechanical legs Maul statues, both of those look great but I started collecting after Talon was released & pondered too long when it came to Maul, I think I'll be able to get him ok at some point, Talon is way out of my comfort zone price wise though so I've just had to settle for Gentle Giant's statue & mini-bust of her, both are nice but I know they are really just second best.

I did the same on both talon and maul. I only started collecting 2 years ago. Prices were already high on both of them. By the time I was in the maul ex was way gone. But I really like the chicken leg maul so I was a newbie at the time. I decided to order him at my lcs only to find out sideshow has a thing called the exclusive version. Then I sold my reg to buy a ex head really makes a difference for me.
Talon I had no idea who it was. All I knew was she looked cool so I had to buy her. I emailed a guy on eBay to pay him as gift payment to save like 50.00. Maybe a tiny bit more. She costs just a tad bit close to 900.00 shipped for the ex. Then when she arrived I was freaking out like a tard because In the box she had no arms? I emailed the guy and he told me they are in the back of the box. Whew! I was super relieved because if something happen I was screwed to pay as gift. Also the box was not insured as I found out later on the same day. After getting scam out on a couple of eBay statues. I will never pay gift payment again. But anyways both of these looks great together. Only thing is I wished maul is not orange but red. Both for me is ex or fail with the extra parts. Talons saber is very dull when lit. But the statue is a very sexy SW female. I'm sure they will make another later on down the road. But it maybe a while. If your a huge fan of these. I would just buy it now. If you must buy one statue to flip and offset the costs by a little. It all goes back into the same thing.

I did the same on both talon and maul. I only started collecting 2 years ago. Prices were already high on both of them. By the time I was in the maul ex was way gone. But I really like the chicken leg maul so I was a newbie at the time. I decided to order him at my lcs only to find out sideshow has a thing called the exclusive version. Then I sold my reg to buy a ex head really makes a difference for me.
Talon I had no idea who it was. All I knew was she looked cool so I had to buy her. I emailed a guy on eBay to pay him as gift payment to save like 50.00. Maybe a tiny bit more. She costs just a tad bit close to 900.00 shipped for the ex. Then when she arrived I was freaking out like a tard because In the box she had no arms? I emailed the guy and he told me they are in the back of the box. Whew! I was super relieved because if something happen I was screwed to pay as gift. Also the box was not insured as I found out later on the same day. After getting scam out on a couple of eBay statues. I will never pay gift payment again. But anyways both of these looks great together. Only thing is I wished maul is not orange but red. Both for me is ex or fail with the extra parts. Talons saber is very dull when lit. But the statue is a very sexy SW female. I'm sure they will make another later on down the road. But it maybe a while. If your a huge fan of these. I would just buy it now. If you must buy one statue to flip and offset the costs by a little. It all goes back into the same thing.

I've managed to get a few of my want list items for far less than I thought I'd ever get them (the Attakus 1:5 scale Grievous & Stormtrooper statues for example) but I've noticed some things just don't come down in price or get even more expensive, due to a lack of space I'm now no longer actively looking for big statues, if they turn up at a good price though, well that's another matter. lol ;)

Back