Premium Format Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if someone doesn't beat me to it I will get you a pic in the next day or two.

I forgot I posted in here. It'd be much appreciated dude. You can post it in the thread or PM me...doesn't matter. Thanks again!

Congrats on the find. Hope you can resolve the electrical issue.
It's no mystery... Sideshow's electrical features are very weak and seem to be prone to failure after some time.

I know I've said this before, but I'd never buy Malgus if his lightsaber didn't light up. Not for the sort of money he's going for, no way. Plus I really really like that effect.

I pretty much paid retail for an exclusive, the lights light up but when you release the button the go out that's all, there's probably a dry joint some were.

Dang. Mine lights up on a weird delay. The chest piece lights up right when you press the button, but it takes about 20-30 seconds for the light saber to come on.

Slow electric current maybe?
Really really slow electric current...

As nice as those light ups are.. if one goes bad.. the value drops pretty badly :(

How much would a used one go for these days?

I'm hoping to get one off ebay in the near future, and I'm not entirely familiar with the second hand market for Sideshow PFs (or anything Sideshow for that matter).

How much would a used one go for these days?

I'm hoping to get one off ebay in the near future, and I'm not entirely familiar with the second hand market for Sideshow PFs (or anything Sideshow for that matter).

For the Exclusive It appears to be $500 or higher USD. I look from time to time because I'm interested in adding one in the future.

I've seen this piece reach rather low prices, actually. But that might have been locally (Denmark) and there is not as big an audience here. It's definitely not in the "grail" price range, but goes for a bit over retail, I believe.

For the Exclusive It appears to be $500 or higher USD. I look from time to time because I'm interested in adding one in the future.

Yea there's a used one on eBay auction going for $500 now, but I'm not sure if it ships to my home country, and it's kinda out of my price range with shipping included anyways. Plus even if I got the exclusive, I feel the regular head looks much cooler, so I'd probably end up displaying him with the regular head either way. Kind of a waste to get the exclusive then.

I've seen this piece reach rather low prices, actually. But that might have been locally (Denmark) and there is not as big an audience here. It's definitely not in the "grail" price range, but goes for a bit over retail, I believe.

How much is a bit over retail? Think the lowest I saw was $450 excluding shipping. Frankly this was the first statue I saw made by Sideshow that encouraged me to take the plunge into the Sideshow market. So far I've only got the Mythos Vader, but it's impressed me so much that I wouldn't mind getting another. And Malgus is quite special to me in that regard.

I'm glad that it hasn't skyrocketed yet. I should be able to get one in the near future without having to spend a ton of money.

Yea there's a used one on eBay auction going for $500 now, but I'm not sure if it ships to my home country, and it's kinda out of my price range with shipping included anyways. Plus even if I got the exclusive, I feel the regular head looks much cooler, so I'd probably end up displaying him with the regular head either way. Kind of a waste to get the exclusive then.

How much is a bit over retail? Think the lowest I saw was $450 excluding shipping. Frankly this was the first statue I saw made by Sideshow that encouraged me to take the plunge into the Sideshow market. So far I've only got the Mythos Vader, but it's impressed me so much that I wouldn't mind getting another. And Malgus is quite special to me in that regard.

Retail was $375. So I would say $400 to $500.

I think a bargain can still be found if you keep an eye on eBay, I noticed more than one going for less than I paid for it when it came out..., I tend not to follow what collectibles are doing once I've got one (as it's of no interest to me once I've got what I want) but I do notice when things are cheaper whilst I'm looking for other items I want. lol

Back