Statue Darkstalkers Morrigan - HMO Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know but bbts went pretty dang quick. Sucks that neither bbts nor hmo would confirm bbts getting this.

I imagine it went fast because ES was so low and there are a lot of retailer customers. Also makes sense HMO would limit discounted orders to retailers knowing they had a hit on their hands. They can sell more at full price on their site.

Let the hype cool down. Darkstalkers is a dead 90s franchise. There's not enough fanbase to go any deeper into this "line".Keep an eye on BBTS until someone cancels theirs.

I'm actually surprised they got her since they didn't get Megaman X.

Let the hype cool down. Darkstalkers is a dead 90s franchise. There's not enough fanbase to go any deeper into this "line".Keep an eye on BBTS until someone cancels theirs.

I'm actually surprised they got her since they didn't get Megaman X.

morrigan has a lot more appeal then darkstalkers, she's a pretty iconic character. also she's a hot chick :p i think they have at least felicia left in them. a lot of times you can sell stuff just by being stupid impressive. it's pretty much impossible to do for every statue but it's something you should strive for i imagine ;p make a statue so nice people who have no interest in the character/universe/license still get it

morrigan has a lot more appeal then darkstalkers, she's a pretty iconic character. also she's a hot chick :p i think they have at least felicia left in them. a lot of times you can sell stuff just by being stupid impressive. it's pretty much impossible to do for every statue but it's something you should strive for i imagine ;p make a statue so nice people who have no interest in the character/universe/license still get it

That's basically what happened with me. I have no history with darkstakers (although I have seen Morrigan's sprite in other games) but I knew I had to have this! Once I saw the reveal I was locked in for pursuing a order.

It's because the statue is stupid impressive and since I locked in my p2 version it gives me a stupid grin! :)

I passed on picking her up from Specfictionshop due to the $1050 markup (before shipping). I have a feeling that I'll be spending more than that to acquire her in the future :(

Some advice for the future HMO: get US licensing.

I passed on picking her up from Specfictionshop due to the $1050 markup (before shipping). I have a feeling that I'll be spending more than that to acquire her in the future :(

Not possible when somebody already has the US license.

they have some, they get it when they can

Not possible when somebody already has the US license.

this

It’s just my sour grapes for not picking one up for PO. My heart sank during the PO video on launch day when the HMO crew mentioned that they didn’t have US distribution rights for Darkstalkers.

I trust F4F to do a Morrigan that actually resembles the games' source material. I'm really not a fan of that HMO sculptor's female faces. They all look the same.

The game’s source material is pretty varied. No doubt F4Fs will be killer. Im not a fan of hmo’s previous face sculpts but Morrigan is gorgeous. The eyes look amazing and the base is really cool. F4F will be getting a bunch of my money with their other lines, didnt want to miss this one.

The game’s source material is pretty varied. No doubt F4Fs will be killer. Im not a fan of hmo’s previous face sculpts but Morrigan is gorgeous. The eyes look amazing and the base is really cool. F4F will be getting a bunch of my money with their other lines, didnt want to miss this one.

All good points.
There's no denying this Morrigan by HMO.

One of the kind folks at the other forum posted that Secret Compass has P1 & P2 for an almost reasonable markup so I had to pick her up.

I didn't know that F4F had the Darkstalkers license. I'll be checking in on that regularly after seeing their Nightmare, Taki and Bowser.

One of the kind folks at the other forum posted that Secret Compass has P1 & P2 for an almost reasonable markup so I had to pick her up.

I didn't know that F4F had the Darkstalkers license. I'll be checking in on that regularly after seeing their Nightmare, Taki and Bowser.

They only have P1 available. P2 is sold out.

Well, I p.o. player one from secret compass. Heard of them before, seen their listings on eBay a lot but never dealt with them until now. Hope it goes good, really want this statue. Liked p2 better but I'm fine with p1... deposit is paid so now the wait is on...

LOL Just got this email. I guess they couldn't even meet demand.

Thanks for your preorder! Unfortunately, we just got word from our distributor that they are severely allocating our order, so we are not going to be able to complete this preorder.
I'm sorry. We are refunding your deposit in full right now.
if you ever come back and see us, we'll get you a nice discount on something else of your choosing.
very sorry for the inconvenience

Back