Darksiders 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just finished the game. it was great but I found the first one longer for some reason.

death is awsome I hope he comesback in the future.
great game.

I felt this one seemed longer, or at least a great deal larger with all the side quests and collectibles scattered through the realms.

Im sure Death will be back in some way for the sequel. I find the 4 Horsemen to be very intriguing characters, but I think Vigil has kinda painted themselves in a corner in design element as far as playable characters go.

Where do you go from here? Do you make another game featuring a different Horseman? Do you make the next 4 player Co-op? Or Make War and Death the only playables and you choose which at the begining? Or switch between the two through out the next?

A lot of possibles.

To play through the first by doing the bare minimum, it is a bit longer than playing through the second doing bare minimum. Overall, the first was more linear for the majority of it, whereas 2 is more open world with lots of side quests. It's kinda like Skyrim where the main quest can be done in 20-40 hours, but all the side quests can take you upwards of 150+ hours. DS2 isn't at that degree, but the side quests can more than double the games length to play through.

To play through the first by doing the bare minimum, it is a bit longer than playing through the second doing bare minimum. Overall, the first was more linear for the majority of it, whereas 2 is more open world with lots of side quests. It's kinda like Skyrim where the main quest can be done in 20-40 hours, but all the side quests can take you upwards of 150+ hours. DS2 isn't at that degree, but the side quests can more than double the games length to play through.

I was going to say I completed all the side quests (minus Crucible) and the main story at 46 hours. So it is shorter. But its so damned fun upgrading your character. And the gameplay is addicting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I was going to say I completed all the side quests (minus Crucible) and the main story at 46 hours. So it is shorter. But its so damned fun upgrading your character. And the gameplay is addicting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I felt this was a hair longer. But anyway, I finally got the Argul's Tomb code and played that for a few. It's decent. I hope they do more DLC like this.

Im playing through NewGame+ and downloaded my code, but I dont know where Argul's Tomb is located? I just got to the Land of the Dead again.

I think at the title screen I went into downloadable content and selected Argul's Tomb and it just took me straight there. I haven't played very far into it yet, but it seems its more than just a new dungeon thrown in there. I actually really like it so far. It's a nice touch on an already good game.

It's funny though because I just played through Fall of Cybertron and went back to this, so I keep hitting the LB to evade in combat, because my mind is still use to the FoC control configuration.

I think at the title screen I went into downloadable content and selected Argul's Tomb and it just took me straight there. I haven't played very far into it yet, but it seems its more than just a new dungeon thrown in there. I actually really like it so far. It's a nice touch on an already good game.

It's funny though because I just played through Fall of Cybertron and went back to this, so I keep hitting the LB to evade in combat, because my mind is still use to the FoC control configuration.

Ah gotcha, Ill have to look...

Resident Evil 6 will have my full attention now! :D

198702_10151182417729663_1901296348_n.jpg

Awesome job, Rzeznik. I'm now going through Apocalyptic mode, and fairly easily. I upgrade some Possessed Bucklers with 21% health steal and health on critical, and have my critical at a total of 225%, so it rips through enemies like crazy!

Awesome job, Rzeznik. I'm now going through Apocalyptic mode, and fairly easily. I upgrade some Possessed Bucklers with 21% health steal and health on critical, and have my critical at a total of 225%, so it rips through enemies like crazy!

Thanks! Yeah! Those "Health Regen" armor and weapons KICK ASS. They make all the difference in living or dying! When I did the Crucible I had

Sorcerer's Talisman of Health with Health Regen 125
Executioner's Sabatons of Health with Health Regen at 62
and
Executioner Pauldron of Health with a Health Regen of 113.

Along with
Achidna's Fangs
and
Guillotine with 161-185 Damage and 300% Critical Damage.

My health bar hardly ever went down.

I was also at level 30 when taking on the Crucible and it took me 49 minutes and 49 seconds.
Round 1-25 took me 10 minutes 17 seconds
Round 26-50 took 11 minutes 45 seconds
Round 51-75 took 13 minutes 25 seconds
Round 76-100 took 14 minutes 22 seconds.

I may go back and try and beat those records though. And it looks like the level cap is at 30 atm, but I have a talisman that is listed for use at level 40 so Vigil Games must be planning to up the cap and release more quests for DLC?

Last edited:
I hope they do. Argul's Tomb was nice, but I felt it was too short, and it felt rather "meh" after completing it. I'd like to see something like Dawn Guard is on Skyrim. Something that's in the game, rather than something you can only get to from the title screen. And something with more achievements to go after.

Scythe Replica $950
11.8 inch statue $650
Both limited to 500
Fraaaaaaaaaaaak you Tri-Force

I have a talisman that is listed for use at level 40 so Vigil Games must be planning to up the cap and release more quests for DLC?

Did you buy it from Vulgrim? I read that those are supposed to be used to upgrade Possessed Weapons.

Scythe Replica $950
11.8 inch statue $650
Both limited to 500
Fraaaaaaaaaaaak you Tri-Force

Yeah, that's just lame.. I mean, they both look awesome, but come on.. :( I'm still hoping someone will do action figures from this game.

Did you buy it from Vulgrim? I read that those are supposed to be used to upgrade Possessed Weapons.

Sweet, I hope so. Though I have bought all of the DLC so far, and man it hasn't been cheap, lol. Though I did buy the game used which helped balance costs out.

This game kinda faded away for me. Got to the land of the dead and seemed to be doing the same stuff over and over again. Its too bad, I was really enjoying it at first :(

This game kinda faded away for me. Got to the land of the dead and seemed to be doing the same stuff over and over again. Its too bad, I was really enjoying it at first :(

I felt bogged down in Land of the Dead too. Like I was tired of being everyones errand boy. Go get this. Go get that. Go do this. Go do that.

Things pick up again though.

Back