Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters review and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Bane, Batman, Alfred, catwoman review

I AM SUPER FRACKING PISSED!!! So I get this BS email from BBTS saying they won't be getting series 3. Here the email:

Hi - You currently have a preorder on file with us for the Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Series 03 - Set of 4. Unfortunately, our order for this item was not filled by our supplier and we are unable to locate stock. We are sorry, but we will need to cancel your preorder. I'm very sorry for the problem on this item and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks www.bigbadtoystore.com

So let me get this straight.....the movie isn't even out, hell this series of MM aren't even out yet BBTS has taken it upon them self to cancell peoples POs?? Something is rotten in the town of Denmark. The whole thing smack of greed.I think Joel & his cluster f*#ks over at BBTS did their own math and figured out they could get a lot more on the secondary market. I think they are tired of watching scalpers have all the mark up fun.

But I'm not buying if its not a retail. Hell the retail is sky effing high as it is! I refuse to fork out all manner of $$$$ just to have action figures turn ash grey with mysterious white power years later. I also sence Mattel's hand in this too. Their DC properties have taken a hard hit in the last year. Between the games & QC issues Matty is all but done for.

Yep i got the same email, and i did not know about this until i saw your post here, i am freakin pissed off at them for this, since it's my second pre order with them that i get an email letting me know that they cant get their stocks for the item... bull in my opinion since superpowercollectibles.com can or even entertainment earth for that matter... anyways, i am glad that i got catwoman on ebay for 20ish shipped... and im thinking of cancelling every pre orders with them at this point...

Saw the 4" Target gift set. I really hope Stealth Vision Batman isn't just a wacky toy variant...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I know the answer and dont read the spoiler is you dont want to know

Spoiler Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]

Yep i got the same email, and i did not know about this until i saw your post here, i am freakin pissed off at them for this, since it's my second pre order with them that i get an email letting me know that they cant get their stocks for the item... bull in my opinion since superpowercollectibles.com can or even entertainment earth for that matter... anyways, i am glad that i got catwoman on ebay for 20ish shipped... and im thinking of cancelling every pre orders with them at this point...

Well I have Kmart Batman, goggles up Cat Woman, & Bane. Just thoes 3 at retail cost around $50 freaking buck! MAAAANNNNN.....the games, the cost, the QC issues......I am seriously thinking about returning the whole lot & just stick with high end 1:6 for the entire movie. Mattel just isn't worth the chace IMO.

Well I have Kmart Batman, goggles up Cat Woman, & Bane. Just thoes 3 at retail cost around $50 freaking buck! MAAAANNNNN.....the games, the cost, the QC issues......I am seriously thinking about returning the whole lot & just stick with high end 1:6 for the entire movie. Mattel just isn't worth the chace IMO.

I am an avid movie figure collector, and i love the chase, i enjoy the feeling of finally finding the figure that i want, my goal is to find and pay the less possible, i could hit ebay and pay crazy prices but its too easy... and anyways here in quebec the chase is a standard for more items out there... so why not enjoy it if you cant change it....

btw if you return catwoman, let me know, ill grab her from you ...she was the one i ordered from bigbad but they screwed us all over so...let me know in pm...

but yeah i get what you mean for sure.there are some weird QC issues with the movie masters line this time around, and the 1/6 figures are going to be much better for sure....

I am an avid movie figure collector, and i love the chase, i enjoy the feeling of finally finding the figure that i want, my goal is to find and pay the less possible, i could hit ebay and pay crazy prices but its too easy... and anyways here in quebec the chase is a standard for more items out there... so why not enjoy it if you cant change it....

btw if you return catwoman, let me know, ill grab her from you ...she was the one i ordered from bigbad but they screwed us all over so...let me know in pm...

but yeah i get what you mean for sure.there are some weird QC issues with the movie masters line this time around, and the 1/6 figures are going to be much better for sure....

I'll keep you in mind. I won't lie, much will hinge on just how epic the movie is. But my hatred for Matty could swing things in your favor lol.

Something just dawned on me. I'll lay odds that BBTS will relist series 3 with a huge price hike!

Something just dawned on me. I'll lay odds that BBTS will relist series 3 with a huge price hike!

Probably, i wont be surprised at all if they do this, and its a shame if they do...

And about wave 3... wtf wheres wave 2 in all this, from what i know wave 2 is their wave 3... from the start i found it odd that they skipped a wave entirely from the get go and one thats non existent from the start, since every wave has 3 figs and theres a total of 6 official in line releases so theres no wave 3, maybe some matty collectors stuff down the line but no wave 3, so in the end i call bull on their actions and listings...

good thing they dont request payment in advance or whatnot

Probably, i wont be surprised at all if they do this, and its a shame if they do...

And about wave 3... wtf wheres wave 2 in all this, from what i know wave 2 is their wave 3... from the start i found it odd that they skipped a wave entirely from the get go and one thats non existent from the start, since every wave has 3 figs and theres a total of 6 official in line releases so theres no wave 3, maybe some matty collectors stuff down the line but no wave 3, so in the end i call bull on their actions and listings...

good thing they dont request payment in advance or whatnot

I know right! This is exactly what I'm talking about. Any other time BBTS would just say...."pre order sold out", or something to that effect. & what's up with their, "supplier" (as if we don't know its Mattel). I'm no fool, Mattel is trying to recreate that huge MM shortage that drove DK Jokers to over $200 per fig in the wake of that "mysterious" non toxic QC issue that was just by chance happen to be the Heath Ledger Joker of all the characters.

I don't wanna come off all JFK, Lumintti, tin foil hat, conspiracy on you but their is a mind at work here. & like I said......this time around I'm not playing the game.

Why are you guys getting these figures if eventually you're going to get Hot Toys figures???

PS: I'm surprised how accurate these figures are compared to when I was a kid and I wanted accurate Batman & Robin figures and they were all with orange/red/grey suit and white eyes with no pupil, the most accurate was Robin as far as I remember.. But this kids from today are lucky!

Why are you guys getting these figures if eventually you're going to get Hot Toys figures???

PS: I'm surprised how accurate these figures are compared to when I was a kid and I wanted accurate Batman & Robin figures and they were all with orange/red/grey suit and white eyes with no pupil, the most accurate was Robin as far as I remember.. But this kids from today are lucky!

Why am I getting these, you ask? Well if you read the last few post I made you'll see that the issue or choice to get them may very well have been taken out of my hand. BBTS is claiming Mattel did not fill their order. Personaly I think its a load of fermented crap! I think BBTS either wants to flip them on the secondary market or relist them with massive price hikes.

DC Direct & MP Transformer POs all got huge ass price hikes from BBTS. MM are the lates to fall victim to greed. I will be getting HTs. I'm on the fence about the MMs I got now.....I seriously thinking about dumping the whole line & move on too greener pastures like HT.

I think it's b/c a lot of us still collect 6inch figures just like when we were younger at least that's why I do. There's a nostalgia there. I collect transformers too and from what you're asking it's like why would I collect the little ones when there are the more detailed larger Masterpiece ones (which I collect too). It's something that I've always collected and will continue to collect.

Plus the hunt for these is always fun :D especially at a time like this when you're basically competing with ppl that are probably just buying to sell on eBay. The only one I'm gettin online is the Kmart exclusive batman b/c all the Kmarts have been taken out of my area.

I think it's b/c a lot of us still collect 6inch figures just like when we were younger at least that's why I do. There's a nostalgia there. I collect transformers too and from what you're asking it's like why would I collect the little ones when there are the more detailed larger Masterpiece ones (which I collect too). It's something that I've always collected and will continue to collect.

Plus the hunt for these is always fun :D especially at a time like this when you're basically competing with ppl that are probably just buying to sell on eBay. The only one I'm gettin online is the Kmart exclusive batman b/c all the Kmarts have been taken out of my area.

Same here for the 6 inch figures, its nostalgia for sure... also with a lower price tag, its easier to collect every one of them without having to get a second job on the side to pay for rent.... the hunt is a given since everyone one and their mother, brother, sister, uncle, robin and so on are after these for either resale, gifting and so on... and in robin's case, well its to cry over the fact that he was not included in the series

Good question. I guess because the Hot Toys figures aren't out right now and I enjoy the "hype" of the movie. Since the 90s, movie figure lines have been a part of the experience for me so they're fun to collect. I plan on getting the Hot Toys ones and having those be the pride of my collection, but for now I don't mind these.

Currently have all of them except Gordon (and that crappy toysrus two pack).

A few started showing up at TRU lately, but mostly from that werid Mejiers midwest store for Catwoman so far. I have mine coming Monday or Tuesday from Amazon though. No idea which version though.

And Gordon is only just hitting. Still very rare at the momment. But the way the 2 pack is clearancing and Alfred is peg warming, I don't think he'll be too awful to find.

Mejiers is a great store. I hit them when I visit family back in Ohio. I picked up a bunch of Marvel Legends I haven't seen here as well as these framed wooden comic cover plaques for $15.00 apiece a few months ago. They stock some great stuff.

BB

Yeah, I've never been to one. So they are mythical to me :lol

Finally broke down and did the Bane swaps. So here is my Army of Banes!

scaled.php

Love the center right one man. May just have to break down and get the TRU version

for those wondering when we would get to see the rest of the line ,well they will be on the floor for everyone to see at comic con... meaning we will see the secret figure in all its glory , and i have a feeling that some matty collectors figures will be shown aside from the bruce to batman one

for those wondering when we would get to see the rest of the line ,well they will be on the floor for everyone to see at comic con... meaning we will see the secret figure in all its glory , and i have a feeling that some matty collectors figures will be shown aside from the bruce to batman one

the secret figure is Ras Al Ghul. This was revealed a long time ago.

And where are those said pics then? :wink1:

And frankly, I'm doubtful they do show him off at SDCC. The movie comes out the following week. Why keep the 'mystery' figure a secret if its a spoiler only to reveal it the week before the movie comes out :dunno

Back