Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters review and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Bane, Batman, Alfred, catwoman review

If anyone finds a goggles up version of Catwoman and doesn't want one... please keep me in mind and pick her up for me. :monkey3

(1) Who's unsettled? You asked a question. I answered. No worries.
(2) So what? Maybe Selina Kyle just likes sexy boots ... damn the practicality. Maybe she'd rather adapt spike heels into melee weapons than risk wearing unflattering shoes. A woman making an impractical sexy shoe choice is hardly a major strain of credibility. My wife does it all the time. Heh.

Like I said, it isn't supposed to be absolutely realistic. Its just supposed to be more realistic than your average superhero story. Nolan's Gotham is not without its stretches of plausibility. Ras had a machine that instantly vaporized the entire water supply of a major city -- physically impossible. Joker escaped unnoticed in a schoolbus that was crashed into the side of a building in broad daylight -- implausible, at best. Rachael and Bruce survived a fall from a 30-story building (conservatively) -- which crushed a car -- without a scratch. They'd have been pulverized. These implausibilities are not "baked into the Batcake" (maybe the most ridiculous expression I've ever quoted).

Two Face needs to be scarred for the character to work. He need not be that freshly wounded. He had healed-up (as best he could) in every other incarnation I can think of. That the TDK version was functional, rather than writhing in pain, with that fresh a wound is a strain of credibility. If you can overlook that ... you can overlook Catwoman's boots. Hell ... if you want to have a problem with the costume, the fact that her hair and most of her face is exposed, yet she maintains a secret identity, is a bigger issue than her shoes. And ... even that doesn't bother me a lick.

Ask not what sexy boots do for Selina Kyle ... simply enjoy what they do for you.

SnakeDoc

I'd rather not contemplate what sexy spiked heels with serrated edges could do for me, thanks.

Picked up my MM Bane today. For a $16 figure not really worth it to be honest. NECA at a few bucks cheaper has more detail and better paint work. The strongest point of the Bane figure is the headsculpt. Looks like Hardy's Bane and the detail in the mask is very nice for this scale. Paint on the head is pretty nicely done but there are some areas that I will go back and add some detail to. The next best part is the rubbery coat. Nice details there too.

The rest of the figure is OK at best. This isn't even DCD Arkham Asylum/City quality. The pants, chest armor and hands are where this thing falls short for me.

But I still like this figure overall and cant wait to find Catwoman and the others to complete the line. I did see the TRU EX 2pack. Band looks terrible, but batman has an interesting warn metallic paint scheme to his carbon fiber areas.

Last edited:

If you want that Batman, I'll gladly sell you mine :lol

Dark-Knight-Movie-Masters-Batman-VS-Bane-2-Pack-01_1338080897.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Almost bought this today....but then i realized i wasnt gay. :blissy

IMG_7073.jpg

Where are people finding catwoman? Also did Gordon hit the shelves yet?

Gordon has hit the shelves here and there at walmart .

and catwoman can be purchased on ebay for insane prices at the moment... i managed to get the 3 3/4 inch for 5$ and the goggles down movie masters for 25$ both shipped so you may be lucky enough to get low prices, but at this point she is a hard to get figure and will only go up in value till mass release

A few started showing up at TRU lately, but mostly from that werid Mejiers midwest store for Catwoman so far. I have mine coming Monday or Tuesday from Amazon though. No idea which version though.

And Gordon is only just hitting. Still very rare at the momment. But the way the 2 pack is clearancing and Alfred is peg warming, I don't think he'll be too awful to find.

Alfred is actually really tricky to find here, luckily I got two, one for me and one for my nephews bday which is near the tdkr release date. Just having trouble finding catwoman and Gordon. The Walmarts around here havent even put anything out too much for tdkr and so far only toysrus and target have been carrying them.

A few started showing up at TRU lately, but mostly from that werid Mejiers midwest store for Catwoman so far. I have mine coming Monday or Tuesday from Amazon though. No idea which version though.

And Gordon is only just hitting. Still very rare at the momment. But the way the 2 pack is clearancing and Alfred is peg warming, I don't think he'll be too awful to find.

I picked up these bad boys for my son:

batman-bane.jpg

When he gets home, we're going to have to open these up and go to war!

I picked up these bad boys for my son:

batman-bane.jpg

When he gets home, we're going to have to open these up and go to war!

picked both of them up last week, cool looking but its so sad that the catwoman in this size is taller then them....

Back