Dark Empire Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Food for thought, there is a male jedi in the comics they drop hints at who MIGHT be revan, but they never come out and say it.

Just so we're on the same page, is this the guy you are referring to (the one in the brown robes)?

800px-Hoodedjediandalek.jpg

If so the guy in brown is the Revanchist leader from the KOTOR comics who leads the Jedi into war againt the Mandos. They guy in red is Alek/Malak (and yes they even refer to him a captain Malak, a name he uses as an alias).

RevanIsBorn-KotOR42.jpg

This is a comic later in the series where the Revanchist leader becomes Revan. This is probably not the proof you were looking for but I'm just trying to make sure I'm thinking of the same character you were talking about in your post I quoted.

I loved the Dark Empire I & II comics, only the last one wich the Emperor came to his end realy sucks. And the drawingstyle, they was bad to.

I'll never understand the abject and myopic hate of both the EU and the PT.

Anyway, here is another neat image of both Palpatine and Luke.
PalpcloneLukeSkywalker-Hasbro.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks Palps looks like Peter Cushing aka Grand Moff Tarkin in this pic? Honestly I really liked the designe for The Emperor in Dark Empire, I just didn't like the fact that it was a clone of him.

Am I the only one who thinks Palps looks like Peter Cushing aka Grand Moff Tarkin in this pic? Honestly I really liked the designe for The Emperor in Dark Empire, I just didn't like the fact that it was a clone of him.

I was just thinking that, too! I don't understand why he's green. Everyone was green in those comics! Why does the Emperor get singled out?

I'm just gonna pull out this pic one more time, of the Clone Emperor made to look like a young Ian McDiarmid.

Palps_Reborn-TEA.jpg

It was not a clone, merely a clone body indwelt by the spirit of Sidious.

It was not a clone, merely a clone body indwelt by the spirit of Sidious.

Lol yeah I get that but still I wasn't fond of the idea. Palps died at the end of ROTJ and it should have stayed that way lol.

Meh imho, most of the EU after ROTJ is pretty weak. The exceptions are the Dark Forces/Jed Knight games, Legacy and a few others. The best EU is the stuff that takes place thousands of years befor the movies like KOTOR.

Clone body, Same soul as the man vader tossed down the reactor core. He became living energy, ( force ghost) like obi-wan, or Exar kun and possessed a Cloned copy of his original body through the use an an ancient sith artifact. This same artifact is referenced in the KJA book Darksaber.

Yes, i know it's a KJA book, and possibly one of the worse ones, but it's in there.

For the record, To the revan question, yes and no. the male i was referring to that they hinted at being Revan appears in the 1/2 issue released just before the KOTOR comics started. He's in about 3 pages, you see his face, etc.

The person in your pictures, we never see them definitively as male or female, nor do they say either way. the only time ANYONE ever says it one way or another is the speech you can "correct" at the beginning of KOTOR 2.

a speech, which, if i could find my copy of Game informer where they interviewed the developers at obsidian . And when asked about content carry-over, said something to the effect of:

there is a way to change what actually happened in the game to what happened in your file by answering some questions about Revan.

I'd post the exact quote if i could find it. I'll keep looking.

The fact is this, with that one exception (which I'll admit i might even be misremembering, and will post what was said if i can find it. ) They never say definitively which way it is.

So i guess, canonicaly ( is that a word?) Revan is like Schrödinger Cat. Both and neither. Atleast untill we get an answer in OLD republic online.

As for the wiki articles, the majority of the obsessive fanbase is male, and likely would have played the game with a male Avatar, and so would then assume Revan is male when writing a wiki article.

so i guess... We don't know? :lol

your thoughts Darth?

for the record, i'm quite enjoying this, it's been a while since i had an opportunity to talk at length about the EU.

I was just thinking that, too! I don't understand why he's green. Everyone was green in those comics! Why does the Emperor get singled out?

I'm just gonna pull out this pic one more time, of the Clone Emperor made to look like a young Ian McDiarmid.

Palps_Reborn-TEA.jpg

... reminds me of this guy

Russell-Edgington.jpg

Clone body, Same soul as the man vader tossed down the reactor core. He became living energy, ( force ghost) like obi-wan, or Exar kun and possessed a Cloned copy of his original body through the use an an ancient sith artifact. This same artifact is referenced in the KJA book Darksaber.

Yes, i know it's a KJA book, and possibly one of the worse ones, but it's in there.

For the record, To the revan question, yes and no. the male i was referring to that they hinted at being Revan appears in the 1/2 issue released just before the KOTOR comics started. He's in about 3 pages, you see his face, etc.

The person in your pictures, we never see them definitively as male or female, nor do they say either way. the only time ANYONE ever says it one way or another is the speech you can "correct" at the beginning of KOTOR 2.

a speech, which, if i could find my copy of Game informer where they interviewed the developers at obsidian . And when asked about content carry-over, said something to the effect of:

there is a way to change what actually happened in the game to what happened in your file by answering some questions about Revan.

I'd post the exact quote if i could find it. I'll keep looking.

The fact is this, with that one exception (which I'll admit i might even be misremembering, and will post what was said if i can find it. ) They never say definitively which way it is.

So i guess, canonicaly ( is that a word?) Revan is like Schrödinger Cat. Both and neither. Atleast untill we get an answer in OLD republic online.

As for the wiki articles, the majority of the obsessive fanbase is male, and likely would have played the game with a male Avatar, and so would then assume Revan is male when writing a wiki article.

so i guess... We don't know? :lol

your thoughts Darth?

for the record, i'm quite enjoying this, it's been a while since i had an opportunity to talk at length about the EU.

I still don't like the idea of a cloned Emperor even if it's the same soul. To me Palps died when Vader tossed him over that bridge. But thats just me.

In KOTOR 2 depending on how you answer cetain questions, Revan can be either male of female and the player can also decide whether he/she chose to reclaim the mantle of Dark Lord or redeemed himself/herself at the end of KOTOR 1. That was one of the coolest aspects of the game is that it allowed you to choose which path or gender Revan was in the previous game that way players who say chose a female Revan and the darkside ending can play KOTOR 2 and keep it in continuity with what path they chose in KOTOR 1.

I personally choose to belive the wiki article where Leland Chee supposedly confirms Revan as a male especially since most artist renderings and Essentials Guides refer to him as a male? Also didn't the Darth Bane novel refer to Revan as a male? I haven't read it yet but I know Bane found a holocron of Revan's and I thought I read somewhere in the Bane novel Revan was call a "him". Also I could have sworn in one of the KOTOR comics Atris called the Revanchist (Revan) him. I could be mistaken though. Also in the TOR comics, one of the Sith Lords tells Satale Shan (most likely a decendent of Bastila) something along the line "if the blood of Revan truly flows through you" or something like that and if that can be belived, that mean most likely Bastila and Revan had a kid together at some point. Again though assuming Satale is indeed a decendent of Revan, I'm not sure if it has been confirmed yet.

I too have enjoyed this little discussion my friend. I for one love alot of EU stuff especially anything KOTOR related! It's nice to see not everyone hates the EU :)

Last edited:
Everything's already been said that needs to be said here:

-Gary Kurtz is the man
-Lucas has no storytelling ability
-RotJ sucked
-Dark Empire was a very good story

I'd only say I'd be more interested in a Boda Baas (Bodda?) holocron statue before a Palpatine one. Palp's just a boring looking "guy" to me, and always has been. A Sith Apprentice Luke or a Jedi Knight Leia would be cool, but by far Baas was the neatest looking character in that comic imo

TCE02_Boda_Baas07.jpg

Lol yeah I get that but still I wasn't fond of the idea. Palps died at the end of ROTJ and it should have stayed that way lol.

Meh imho, most of the EU after ROTJ is pretty weak. The exceptions are the Dark Forces/Jed Knight games, Legacy and a few others. The best EU is the stuff that takes place thousands of years befor the movies like KOTOR.

the problem is now that the EU is so vast.
there are fantastic stories and truly awful stuff too.

i, for one am glad that they have announced that the new books are going to be trilogies rather than huge arcs after fate of the jedi as its just led to the big three just never stopping and they're too old in universe now.

legacy (the comic) is ok- but too soon to the movies

what they need to go and i guess they are trying is too decompress a bit- slow the output and maximise the quality

thats why its a both good and a shame about the live action tv series
good - cause its new territory but bad because you know some w~%ker
will fill it "clever" references.

the thing with all kotor stuff for me is the technology and armour seems wrong- like the tor trailer it looks like the armour is at least as good as the armour the clones wear- 4 thousand years of no developments??

they just need to careful to over do it - but i did enjoy the tor book and loved kotor comics and games

.....and ref palpatine clone - i like to think of it as just that a clone - a trick a ploy - flash taught and a back door trick by palpatine

after all i thought only a jedi can achieve the transition??:lecture

Yeah um... Darth Vader wasn't the only character. Those crappy books negate looks entire journey... But while we're on that subject of Vader... what would be the point of Anakin bringing balance to the force if there are already sith again only a few years later?

Again. Pointless ____e.

I couldn't find that character or his journey on Wookiepedia. :dunno

Back