Dark Empire Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah um... Darth Vader wasn't the only character. Those crappy books negate looks entire journey... But while we're on that subject of Vader... what would be the point of Anakin bringing balance to the force if there are already sith again only a few years later?

Again. Pointless ____e.

And the cat is well and truely out of the bag........

And........... ? :dunno

Was the prophecy of bringing balance to the force in the OT?
Not that I remember.
That only happened with TPM.

At the time of publication there was no TPM yet. No prophecy really.

Beside's there's always been a debate on whether Anakin was really child of the prophecy or Luke. Not my opinion on it.

Doesn't matter. Even if you just look at it as Luke's story it sucks. "Hooray!" Luke converts Vader back to the good side of the force and defeats the emperor.. no wait... There are actually a multitude of Emperor clones scattered throughout the galaxy.

Whether you are looking at things from 1983, 1991, 1999, or 2010 the EU negates the entire movie saga and renders it even more impotent than some believe Lucas left it.

Doesn't matter. Even if you just look at it as Luke's story it sucks. "Hooray!" Luke converts Vader back to the good side of the force and defeats the emperor.. no wait... There are actually a multitude of Emperor clones scattered throughout the galaxy.

Whether you are looking at things from 1983, 1991, 1999, or 2010 the EU negates the entire movie saga and renders it even more impotent than some believe Lucas left it.

This from a guy who likes Hayden being added to the end of ROTJ... nothing you say has any weight :lecture

And for the record... no interest in a Palpatine, but I liked the series when I first read it and would maybe buy a Dark Luke.

It sucks for you. Some people like it, just the way of things.

The Emperor cloning himself fits with the EP3 version as I said previously but not the ROTJ version, ironically all because of Luke's line.

It's all about if you like the EU. You clearly don't so:huh

This from a guy who likes Hayden being added to the end of ROTJ... nothing you say has any weight :lecture

And for the record... no interest in a Palpatine, but I liked the series when I first read it and would maybe buy a Dark Luke.

Shut up Jouche. :wave

I like the eu stuff that fills in the gaps of things not the stuff that totally kills the movies. This kind of does that IMO.

what would be the point of Anakin bringing balance to the force if there are already sith again only a few years later?

meh, PT trash is stinkier than EU trash.

While DE weakens the Luke & Vader arcs, I for one love the idea that the emperor is so strong with the dark side it corrupts his body and he has to keep swapping them out. At least its better than the craptastic lightning ricochet to explain his withered look - if it even needs explaining.

for all we know, the PT may have taken a cue from the EU… one can look at The Dark Empire as Palpatine's success with Darth Plagueis secret to immortality… he has upped the Jedi by enabling his "energy within the force" back into a human body.

nothing can take away or weaken what one feels for the OT… it's is just icing on the cake. if the OT has you already filled, it is the individual's choice not to indulge in the icing… but complaining that the icing exists isn't rational behavior.

Why can't we be good fanboys and just love everything Star Wars?

Oh and by the way--resurrecting Palpatine in clone bodies was Lucas's idea.

Why can't we be good fanboys and just love everything Star Wars?

bc not everything SW is quality, natch.

but if EU, PT, SW Holiday Special, etc is your cup of tea, happily indulge your poor taste. ;)

As far as figs, they made wacky snow bunny padme, so why not.

bc not everything SW is quality, natch.

but if EU, PT, SW Holiday Special, etc is your cup of tea, happily indulge your poor taste. ;)

As far as figs, they made wacky snow bunny padme, so why not.

Did anyone buy that snow padme?

for all we know, the PT may have taken a cue from the EU… one can look at The Dark Empire as Palpatine's success with Darth Plagueis secret to immortality… he has upped the Jedi by enabling his "energy within the force" back into a human body.

nothing can take away or weaken what one feels for the OT… it's is just icing on the cake. if the OT has you already filled, it is the individual's choice not to indulge in the icing… but complaining that the icing exists isn't rational behavior.

:goodpost::lecture:goodpost:

Never was interested in the EU. Only book I read was Death Troopers and that was because it was an original idea in my opinion. Horror and Star Wars mixed :yess:

So no interest here... :wink1:

I recommend reading the Darth Bane books. Prequels that have the ultimate Sith...and they actually focus on how he kicks Jedi arse.

Even though I never agreed with the idea of Dark Empire since it negated the end of ROTJ I wouldn't mind a "Dark" Luke but am not really holding out hope. Clone Emperor I could do without.

If SSC is going to delve into anything I wouldn't mind them going into Shadows of the Empire, get a Prince Xizor or Dash Rendar going. I loved that game, book and remember the LFL merchandising boom.

Back