DAMTOYS: Gangsters Kingdom- Spade J (Statham)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckily i had read the reviews about this figure before i took him out of the box. they said to insert a piece of plastic between the hat and head because the dye bled onto his forehead.

damn. Where had you read that?

Seems very hard to find now, but don't worry, you're not missing that much. It's a very nice figure for the price it was, but it's not worth more.

Statham.JPG

Yeah, I'm one of those late-comers, so I got a Statham head complete with 3 hands (including the bird finger) from eBay for $34.50 with free shipping from China. I put these temporarily on a Michael Corleone figure and found a rifle from my parts box, but I plan to get more gangster looking clothing later on.

View attachment 131753

Yeah, I'm one of those late-comers, so I got a Statham head complete with 3 hands (including the bird finger) from eBay for $34.50 with free shipping from China. I put these temporarily on a Michael Corleone figure and found a rifle from my parts box, but I plan to get more gangster looking clothing later on.

are you planning to get the Memories version?

are you planning to get the Memories version?

The Memories version looks like a great set with a nice sculpt and outfit, but I'm turned off with the "normal" looking gloved hands shown on the prototype pics. The discounted pre-order prices with some dealers look good, but I'll see how I feel when it's out.

yours has a strong beard

Looking at some other online photo reviews of the complete Spade J figure set, the beard also looks darker in the photo than it actually is depending on the lighting. I took my photo with an iPhone, not the best camera to use, lol.

It's the recast head he has. Their floating around ebay.

Wow, it's a recast?! Are you absolutely sure or are you just making an assumption? Would you know of any side-by-side comparison pics online, or would you personally have a recast? It looks pretty good for one. I've seen the Black Widow recasts online and they look it, but the quality on the Statham I have looks pretty "commercial," from the crisp, molded vinyl of the head and hands to the paint job, including the eyes, that have the level of quality you'd expect from a bonafide production figure vs. that of a recast run.

I've looked at photo reviews of the figure online and the head I have even has the graded, thinning hair paintjob effect as seen from behind. neck and neck connectors look the same, since this is the body part where it's easy to spot the fakes apart the real deal. The hands do not have the tattoos, but they look like the same hands on the original, though they are crisply molded too, something that would be extremely difficult to pull off in vinyl when recasting. If anything, maybe these are surplus runs from the same manufacturer/subcontractor in China?

Last edited:
Wow, it's a recast? Would you know of any side-by-side comparison pics online, or would you personally have a recast? It looks pretty good for one. I've seen the Black Widow recasts online and they look it, but the quality on the Statham I have looks pretty "commercial," from the crisp, molded vinyl of the head and hands to the paint job, including the eyes, that have the level of quality you'd expect from a bonafide production figure vs. that of a recast run. If anything, maybe these are surplus runs from the same manufacturer/subcontractor in China?
I've wanted to buy the head myself because I do not own the spade j he's impossible to find. One way u know is the item will say custom head and also is the tattoo missing on the trigger finger? A original will have the tattoo on it.

U can see in the link below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-...2095?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c416377ef

I've wanted to buy the head myself because I do not own the spade j he's impossible to find. One way u know is the item will say custom head and also is the tattoo missing on the trigger finger? A original will have the tattoo on it.

U can see in the link below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-...2095?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c416377ef

I think that's the seller I bought from. After more scruitiny, yes, I would agree that it's a "custom" in that it was not taken from a boxed figure that was broken down, but I still think it's from the same production runs that went into the set. What really limits the numbers of these sets is the availability of parts and if you don't have enough of the pleather jacket, jewelry or the pistols for example, you'll have the other parts left over as surplus which is what I believe these pieces were. Same thing with the hands, which I'm convinced came from the same molds and were extras, except they didn't get the tattoos applied on them.

I think that's the seller I bought from. After more scruitiny, yes, I would agree that it's a "custom" in that it was not taken from a boxed figure that was broken down, but I still think it's from the same production runs that went into the set. What really limits the numbers of these sets is the availability of parts and if you don't have enough of the pleather jacket, jewelry or the pistols for example, you'll have the other parts left over as surplus which is what I believe these pieces were. Same thing with the hands, which I'm convinced came from the same molds and were extras, except they didn't get the tattoos applied on them.

nope. lets call spade a spade....its a recast. :lol

when j memories comes i wanna try snagging the headsculpt. the original is but the mouth makes it looks like he's toothless.

anyone looking to sell this thing? not many (read = none) going around. so, I thought I'd ask here.
initially had to cancel it, because of... well, life.

Back