Cyclops PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My comes in the 2nd shipment (July 11th), at this point I think Im might cancel..When SDCC later in the month I could use the $300 for something else...

problems with my when I opened today, painted flaw with hand, the base is not working with light. also I thought there should be battery inside, but I don't see any this time, the statue itself has sound when you shake it, the freaking jacket is so hard to put on.
I really hope I can keep this one cause is #19 ex, but need to fix those problem first.

I thought you don't like the Ex head and thus order the Reg or none at all. And what's with the light not working. These statues ain't cheap...they could at least check light at the factory.

My comes in the 2nd shipment (July 11th), at this point I think Im might cancel..When SDCC later in the month I could use the $300 for something else...

Mine's on second too.....fund ready, space maybe not.

I cant wait to get mine July 11th! I think he came out pretty well and doesnt seem to be to many QC issues so I am excited.

The 3 statues you mentioned are all done by Tony Cipriano (Gambit too). The teeth look weird because not all teeth look the same. He has sculpted the incisors and canines as being uniformly square which looks extremely unnatural.

Not all teeth are not square blocks...
teeth-avril-lavigne-400a071807.jpg
14727d1292358119-cyclops-premium-format-figure-1sideclopspff5.jpg

17.jpg

ss_subby_2.jpg

Great post. How does an artist overlook that when sculpting? The teeth he sculpts always have these large gaps which are then accentuated when painted.

I have always been a big Namor fan, but was disappointed with his teeth on the PF. I ended up repainting them and the gaps. I had posted pics at one time in the old Namor thread.

My intention with taking those pictures of the EX head was to make an attempt at possibly making it look more appealing to those who hate it so much.

I am not saying I'm a major fan of the EX head, I'm simply trying to showcase that for some people it may not look as bad all around. I think the entirety of the PF more than makes up for any flaws the EX head has. If you don't like it, don't get it I suppose? I'm also not one to suffer from "buying it so I have to like it". :D

Cyclops fits right in with Wolverine and Gambit and they look awesome together.

Anyways, thanks again for those who like my pictures. I tried! :)

Last edited:
I think the ex head looks ok and great light up effect, cant waite to set up cyclops with the Gambit and Wolverine.

The exclusive head really doesnt both too much, what really gets me is the visor. I dont recall him ever wearing a visor with two obvious lumpy dips under the eyes. The eye slight is also too small. The concept art doesnt look that way. Im not tryin to be critical, I love the statue, but i have a feeling the visor design and the design of the ex head are at fault because of the demand for the light up feature. Hopefully it wins me over in hand.

If you look at the art work of Jim Lee which i think they based the pf on you will see the (obvious lumpy dips under the eyes). So it looks like it has noyhing to do with the light up feature.

Back