CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good, actually. Green Arrow has always been pretty much Batman with a bow (which is why they used him on Smallville instead of Bruce Wayne).

Could be a solid series, so long as it doesn't get too teeny-bopper.

SnakeDoc

I'm a huge Smallville fan, so I'll be catching this for sure. Plus, it will share Wednesday nights with Supernatural, so both should benefit.

I dropped out of Smallville after a couple seasons, so I've got no Arrow to compare it to which I think will actually be good so that I can enjoy this rather than think about how it was done in Smallville.

Another trailer.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViFb0paKdgg&list=UU5_qbV4M0q8flqV-RydNxpQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

:lecture I"m going to give it a shot, but I'm still wondering why they couldn't get the guy that played him in the Smallville.

Since it is it's own stand alone show with no connection to Smallville, they probably didn't want any confusion over that with because of the same actor playing him again.

Stephen Amell (the actor who will play Olvier Queen in CW's Arrow) says that his take on the DC superhero has nothing in common with the Smallville version and also discusses the tone, costume and more.

"It's pretty kick ass," the actor tells MTV Splash Page of what we should expect from the CW's take on Green Arrow this Fall. "There's a lot of action; there's a lot of fighting. It's close hand to hand combat and it's aggressive. The entire pilot just keeps ramping up the entire way. You don't get a break." As for the training he went through (Amell can be seen looking extremely buff in the clip, trailer and TV spot) he said, "It was the basics; it was like 'wax on, wax off' stuff. I did a bunch of parkour, and then I got into weight training and the specific fight choreography for the pilot, and that sort of continued to ramp up as we went along."

"I think that when you see the pilot, other than in name, the characters really don't have anything in common," Amell confirmed when asked about any similarities between this and the Green Arrow introduced in Smallville and played by Justin Hartely. "It's very different and people will get that after about two minutes of the show." As for the costume, he added added, "The idea for the costume was I wanted to be able to put the costume on by myself. Because if I could put the costume on by myself that means that it's functional and if it's functional people will buy it. My boots are actually Nike Frees, which is kind of cool. It's leather and it's tight and it's aggressive, but I can move in it. People will like it."

Another new preview...looks like Deathstroke's mask at 3:23!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaq6S_Hcwn4[/ame]

Death%20stroke.png

Getting pretty pumped to see this!

Looks like he's living in Lex Luthor's house from Smallville.

Deathstroke would be a great villain for him, although I'd think they'd move away from the orange and blue costume.

Just saw a preview for this on the cw. Looks kind of cool. Will give it a go.

Eh... She doesn't look Italian at all. But I'll wait and see. I liked the pilot episode a lot at SDCC.

Some of the acting and lines are pretty bad in that extended trailer, but I really enjoyed Smallville (which was also cheesy), so I'll check this out.

Will watch the premiere, but won't have my expectations too high. There's already enough quality shows on that I don't really have time to watch so unless I'm wowed I doubt this will be added to my weekend watch list.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Definitely be checking this out in a few hours, hope its great!

Kind of interested to see this show Arrow on CW, I didn't watch Smallville but I read DC comics pretty heavily before all the New 52 crap and Green Arrow and Arsenal/Red Arrow has always been one of my favorites next to Batman and Nightwing, let's hope they don't screw this up, just looking at some of the cheesy promo picture looks pretty screwed up already but the trailer looked somewhat decent and the origin looked somewhat accurate.

Back