CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"?

KATIE CASSIDY & WILLA HOLLAND JOIN GREEN ARROW TV PILOT
BY PIETRO FILIPPONI
PUBLISHED: FEBRUARY 16, 2012 - 11:36AM
in TV Television News CW Action Drama Comic Book
The CW network's upcoming pilot which is based on DC Comics' popular emerald archer is working off a screenplay by Green Lantern movie scribes Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim and scheduled to begin filming this Spring.

Titled Arrow, the impending series pilot is based on DC Comics' character who dresses like Robin Hood and utilizes trick arrows with various special functions to deal out vigilante justice that conforms with his left-wing, ultra-democratic principles. Green Lantern movie screenwriters Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim are on board as executive producers/writers for the planned series. Berlanti and his production company are also behind two of the aforementioned DC TV properties currently being developed. In 2006, Justin Hartley began portraying the character on Smallville and eventually starred in over 70 episodes.

Canadian actor Stephen Amell (Hung, The Vampire Diaries, 90210) has landed the title role -- as well as his alter ego, reformed bad boy and billionaire Oliver Queen -- in the pilot. It's now been revealed that Katie Cassidy (Supernatural, Gossip Girl) will portray the female lead Dinah Laurel Lance -- also known to comics fans as the second Black Canary -- who is a lawyer with the City Necessary Resources Initiative. Willa Holland (The O.C.) has also signed on to the show and will play Thea Queen, Oliver’s celebutante younger sister who has a rebellious streak.

Source: Deadline

I love Katie Cassidy as Dinah:

Instyle-Photoshoot-Interview-katie-cassidy-13454823-400-300.jpg

katie-cassidy-ok-magazine-oscars-party-2011-0.jpg

I'm not wild about Willa Holland involved, she played the whole rebellious sister/teen in just about every role she has had and it's tired beyond belief. That might be too keep the youngins since she is often sprinkled out through this demographic.

I just wish DC would do some serious TV shows based on their characters and not teen dramas. Who wouldn't an awesome, gritty Batman show? This show could have been sweet if not made into a teenage love soap opera. Hasn't Twilight already ruined Vampires and Werewolfs? We don't need it ruining superheroes too.

Jonah Hex on HBO. :lecture

Well he certainly looks more "bad-ass" and less Soap-Operaish then Justin Hartley

Looks too "Robin Hoodey" and not modern superhero enough

First Look at Arrow - New TV-show!

Found this on www.dccomics.com:

arrow-3-19.jpg

"Here’s a first look at the new The CW’s pilot ARROW, starring Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen and Arrow. Arrow’s suit was designed by three-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood.

ARROW pilot director/executive producer David Nutter said: “When I directed the pilot for Smallville, I knew that making Clark Kent relatable would be the key to audiences believing in him as a hero. ARROW is a different show — darker and harder-edged — but it’s the same core idea. We’re creating a real, believable world in which Oliver Queen can do incredible things. Colleen Atwood’s great work on the Arrow costume reflects that effort.

ARROW is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, who is directing, from a teleplay by Kreisberg & Guggenheim, story by Berlanti & Guggenheim. Melissa Kellner Berman is co-executive producer.

Based upon characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television."

Re: First Look at Arrow - New TV-show!

Not familiar with arrow. Is it suppose to be "The Green Arrow"?

Somehow I can't believe a man running around with a bow fighting crime in a modern realistic world, I'll give it a shot though. Design looks awesome.

Looks like a rip off of the costume used in BBC's Robin Hood.

Not familiar with arrow. Is it suppose to be "The Green Arrow"?

Somehow I can't believe a man running around with a bow fighting crime in a modern realistic world, I'll give it a shot though. Design looks awesome.

I find it kind of ironic you have a pic of Daryl in your sig and thats the weapon of choice for him:dunno, also Hawkeye will be in theaters soon doing the same so I guess he is a test market for that.

I find it kind of ironic you have a pic of Daryl in your sig and thats the weapon of choice for him:dunno, also Hawkeye will be in theaters soon doing the same so I guess he is a test market for that.

A crossbow and bow are two different things. So is fighting zombies and crime. :lol
Hawkeye is part of a superhero team fighting off skynet and greek gods. If this is suppose to be like Smallville, it will be trying to take on a semi-realistic approach.

Cool story though.

Damn :drool :drool :drool

I don't think I've ever watched anything on the CW... :lol

I just might watch for this though.

Looks cool, obviously they'll want to capture the teen crowds,but hopefully they can keep a good balance to keep a diverse fanbase.

Back