Cutting the SLAB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The closer it come to shipping the more I think about canceling. Just not sure what to do. I have the money put aside for Jabba and his throne, thats not the prob. I have NO room!!! NONE!!!! I have spent the last fews days thinking of how I can display this guy and I have no options. And there no way in hell I gonna spend that kinda cash for him to sit in a box for a few years.

I am very much on the fence about this one. I just have no room. It sux, but what the hell can I do:confused:

I dont know what to do. I cancelled my Flex Pay throne beacuse according to the estimated box dimensions and Sideshows Canadian shipping chart I expect the throne is going to cost somwhere in the range of 70-80 US to ship. I orderd one through Local retail and I am once again thinking of cancelling as they are over charging for it. I'm basically saving 7 dollars by going with them and the throne is going to cost me 385.00 CAN. I know alot of people have said its going to cost that to make one yourself.....but somehow I really dont see how that'd be posible. Use cheap materials as long as it supports Jabba and looks cool. I mean what happens if this throne falls or something a 400 dollar display peice that Jabba is sitting on would be broken. Doesnt seem worth it.

Serpentor said:
I mean what happens if this throne falls or something a 400 dollar display peice that Jabba is sitting on would be broken. Doesnt seem worth it.
That doesn't make much sense.

You could say that about any statue/PF/collectible. :rolleyes:

"If I pay XXX for the statue and it breaks then it won't seem worth XXX."

No kidding. :monkey3

Bonehead15 said:
That doesn't make much sense.

You could say that about any statue/PF/collectible. :rolleyes:

"If I pay XXX for the statue and it breaks then it won't seem worth XXX."

No kidding. :monkey3

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

If I pay $60,000 for a Vet and wreck its just not worth it.":lol

Poor phrashing on my part really. What I mean is that imo Jabba is the centrepeice of the display not the throne. The Throne is a cool acessory and all but not really the focal point. If it falls and breaks I'd be anoyed beacse of the price it cost and now its broken but it wouldnt take anything away if I found some way to make something similar for Jabba to sit on. It doesnt seem worth it to spend 400 bucks on an acessory.

A Statue is the focal point you bought it to display it on its own merits. I dont see the throne as being something that you would display on its own.

Its not that its 400 dollars and it could break hence its not worth it. Its the overall purpose verus price.

Turbo said:
The last Flex pay for me in Feb 5th. I'm paying the 2nd on the 5th of Jan. Where does it say Feb 15th?

It probably says the 5th and thought it said the 15th

Yes the throne is 200 dollars if you live in the US. In Canada its alot closer to 400 CAN.

200 US Throne
70-80 Fed Ex Shipping
6 % GST
7.5 QST in Quebec
Fed Ex Handeling charge.

Or order from local retailer. 329 CAN after shipping and tax the total is 385 CAN. It may just be that I cant seem to find a way to get it for a more reasonable price here that makes me feel its not worth it. Right now its about 80 bucks over what I figure would make sense to pay here.

The 6 and 7.5 are tax. Its the shipping that kills it and with Fed Ex raising thier prices 70-80 may be more like 75-85 or more.

Serpentor said:
The 6 and 7.5 are tax. Its the shipping that kills it and with Fed Ex raising thier prices 70-80 may be more like 75-85 or more.
It's too bad that SS doesn't use the US post office or better yet a combination of all the carriers.

So you pay tax 2 times?

I think one is customs tax for importing to Canada and then the local tax in Quebec.

I thought about canceling the throne once or twice, but then I would reminded myself how this is going to look all together. I know that doesn't help you international guys.

jabbathroneod7.png

Batty said:
I thought about canceling the throne once or twice, but then I would reminded myself how this is going to look all together. I know that doesn't help you international guys.

jabbathroneod7.png
You would be a fool to cancel that!! Just joking, but not really. :D I do understand why people canceled this. It's a lot of $. I canceled some GG stuff to get this, so it's a trade off, but I will go back and get the GG stuff I missed. :monkey3

King Darkness said:
The closer it come to shipping the more I think about canceling. Just not sure what to do. I have the money put aside for Jabba and his throne, thats not the prob. I have NO room!!! NONE!!!! I have spent the last fews days thinking of how I can display this guy and I have no options. And there no way in hell I gonna spend that kinda cash for him to sit in a box for a few years.

I am very much on the fence about this one. I just have no room. It sux, but what the hell can I do:confused:
Hey King, if you want take a picture of the room that it might fit in or a possible alternative place. I'm sure your fellow freaks here might give you some ideas about displaying it. Which inturn might give other people ideas about their own display possibilities.
I for one have the room but no clue as how to display it myself.

mfoga said:
I think one is customs tax for importing to Canada and then the local tax in Quebec.

No just over taxed. Goverment tax is 6 percent and the Provincal tax is 7.5. It sucks it makes buying stuff expesnive. There is still a good chance I'll keep it, I dont think I' yet grasping the actual size or this thing. I may not get it due to space issues in the end.

wookilar8 said:
Hey King, if you want take a picture of the room that it might fit in or a possible alternative place. I'm sure your fellow freaks here might give you some ideas about displaying it. Which inturn might give other people ideas about their own display possibilities.
I for one have the room but no clue as how to display it myself.

I may do that this weekend, I could really use the help. Good idea.

I will give up a lot of other Star Wars collectibles to get this whole package if it comes down to it, so far I'm doing ok with all 3 components on order, I love Jabba and I just have to have the whole package, he's a beautiful figure but he'll just look odd without that glorious throne, bring it on guys, I'm waiting, impatiently, lol.

Batty said:

jabbathroneod7.png
Awesome setup. But for the best "Luke + SW Creature" diorama the Dagobah PF still tops it. :chew :D

Back