Cutting the SLAB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I just can't cancel this. It really is more like PF piece than anything. Truly a great work of art.

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, I just can't cancel this. It really is more like PF piece than anything. Truly a great work of art.

There are a few pieces in collections that just draw everyone's attention. This is going to be one of those items and I can't wait to have it in my living room.

Darth Loki said:
There are a few pieces in collections that just draw everyone's attention. This is going to be one of those items and I can't wait to have it in my living room.

Man, you have no idea. Wait till you see it in person and get it all set up. YIKES!!!

I cleared out the counter space behind my desk where my Marvel dioramas used to be, and it is all ready for Jabba. This is going to get a lot of attention if you have it in your collection.

tomandshell said:
it is all ready for Jabba. This is going to get a lot of attention if you have it in your collection.
Too true! I love that there are so many "attention getting" centerpieces anyone can have in his/her collection. We can all have our own "holy grails" without everyone having the exact same figures and statues.

tomandshell said:
I cleared out the counter space behind my desk where my Marvel dioramas used to be, and it is all ready for Jabba. This is going to get a lot of attention if you have it in your collection.

I've to cancel this as I've a number of commitments but I'm hoping that I could pick this up down the road....I'm sure it would be an impressive display if one has the means to get the full set-up!:monkey2

When I was a kid, I lost the throne that went with Jabba. It was nevewr right after that. I had to get a new one. Jabba without his throne, hooka and pipe is like Luke without his lightsaber, Vader without his helmet, Yoda without his tortured syntax. It's like Maul without the double blades or Palpatine without his big shiny chair. Just. Not. Right.

I'm getting rid of other things in my collection in order to A) pay for Jabba set, and B) make room for him!!

I know it was to fit with the format of the Ultra line, but I was always sad we didn't get a full throne with the last Jabba figure, the railing was better than nothing, but there was room for so much more to be done, and as far as ROTJ version, he just doesn't seem the same without being atop a throne.

I just cut my final tie to Jabba... The Creature Pack... I am now unfettered by Jabba and his glorious environment. (for now anyway. Im sure I'll get the whole thing somewhere down the road). :D

Customikey said:
When I was a kid, I lost the throne that went with Jabba. It was nevewr right after that. I had to get a new one. Jabba without his throne, hooka and pipe is like Luke without his lightsaber, Vader without his helmet, Yoda without his tortured syntax. It's like Maul without the double blades or Palpatine without his big shiny chair. Just. Not. Right.

I'm getting rid of other things in my collection in order to A) pay for Jabba set, and B) make room for him!!
I owned that set too. Wasn't there a trap door that you could spring to drop Luke in the dungeon? As nice as the set was, the Rancor was my favorite.
But that nostalgia isn't enough to get me to keep this on order.

Another thing that convinces me that canceling the throne is a good Idea, ED-209. I had him on order but had to cancel. if I had an extra $200 to either buy ED-209 or this throne setup, I'd buy ED without hesitation.
ED-209 > Jabba Throne.

Granted they're making a lot of throns and there aren't as many posters in the forums, but I feel like I'm the only one in these threads who is getting the whole Jabba package (Jabba, throne, creature pack).

MaulFan said:
Granted they're making a lot of throns and there aren't as many posters in the forums, but I feel like I'm the only one in these threads who is getting the whole Jabba package (Jabba, throne, creature pack).

I am getting it all as well... and had to cancel Maul and not order Leia, Plo and the troopers to make up for the price but since I am going to stick to the main OT characters I didn't care (I will probably pick up leia later on.)

MaulFan said:
I want to get him but I guess we'll see if the wait list goes through...my gf is going to kill me if I do end up with the giant slug.

I cancelled quite a few things to get the full set-up, and I may cancel even more, but JABBA WILL BE ALL MINE!!!!!!

ALL YOUR JABBA IS BELONG TO US!!!!!

MaulFan said:
I have the whole thing coming too. :chew

I am getting the whole thing. Jabba was actually the first thing that really jumped out at me at SDCC. I had never seen any Sideshow items before that and that was the first that caught my eye, until I got near Grievous.

MaulFan said:
but I feel like I'm the only one in these threads who is getting the whole Jabba package (Jabba, throne, creature pack).
Nope, you are not alone. I'm getting it all!!!!!!!!:monkey5

Back