Customizing Aragorn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put this Strider together last night using DID and Toy Biz parts with a bit of Ignite thrown in, problem is I can't find a decent head sculpt out there. Has anyone made one yet? I like the SS one but it still seems off to me.

thanks for the info! great site, I remember seeing his Aragorn being auctioned some time ago but I thought it was just a one off; does he do sculpts to order as well? cheers.

The Aragorn was just a repaint, but I know he's no longer taking reservations for painting jobs; he's swamped with requests and trying to catch up. But he also does custom sculpts to order, too. I have no idea how much he charges, so you'd have to contact him to find out.

I bought one of his resculpted Legolas heads a couple of months ago but still haven't gotten around to painting it. Too many things going on at once right now. I'll post pictures when I finally do get around to it. Maybe during my summer holidays...

The original SS Aragorn headsculpt is actually fantastic. It's the paint apps that hurt it. Strip the paint and redo and you'll have a significantly better rendition of the Ranger from the North.

I feel that even with the best repaint, the Sideshow sculpt is one of the weakest likenesses they've ever released. I actually removed it in favor of the Dragon head "inspired" by Viggo in "GI Jane." Les Walker painted it for me:

DSC_0014.jpg

Now here's what I consider really good news. Red Planet Toys (direct link to custom head page) will be coming out with three new Viggo heads sculpted by Erick Sosa. The first is from "Eastern Promises," the second from "Appaloosa," and the third will be Aragorn. Here's a peek at the "Eastern Promises" Viggo:

viggo_easternpromises_1A.jpg

viggo_easternpromises_5A.jpg

Erick Sosa has done work for Sideshow in the past. :D

Last edited:
I had my SS Aragorn repainted and I'm ecstatic with how it looked afterwards.

That Sosa sculpt is nice. I'm anxious to see his version of Aragorn. It will have to be mind-blowing in order for me to get it, though.

Back