Customizing Aragorn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I figured I'd ask here. Has anyone replaced the Boromir chain mail? That's one thing that's bugged me the most about Boromir is the horrible chainmail. Any help would be appreciated.:)

Someone posted a pic of their re-chained Boromir.. Let me see if I can find it and post it here...

Here it is:

Some pics of my Boromir with the chain mail sleeves and some of the weathering, although the pics don´t show the weathering too well.

And the weathering: (in person you can see it way better, anyway, was just trying it, I may add some more)

I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I figured I'd ask here. Has anyone replaced the Boromir chain mail? That's one thing that's bugged me the most about Boromir is the horrible chainmail. Any help would be appreciated.:)

It's the rubber dragon timeline mail. It's what I've used for both Boromir and Gimli. :rock

It's a tad more restrictive than the fabric mail, but the best looking option out there, imo.

I checked the various loose 1:6 depots and none had any left. I *may* have a spare or two. I'll have to dig through my junk pile to see.

I never had a problem with the faux chainmail. I think it looks pretty feasable.

Boromir's chainmail never bothered me, either. I think he's the best outfitted figure that Sideshow has produced. There's just so much well done detailing found in that figure.

Just looked at Karen's figure again and noticed that the chain mail that does show is quite a small bit. So not much is actually needed. I may have to look for some in the spares box.

Josh, Aragorn has always been one of my favorite characters in the Tolkien universe and that's why I had his sculpt repainted. It took the figure to a whole new level. Since you are working on customizing your Aragorn as well, you may want to think about a repaint as well. The sculpt is wonderful underneath that factory paint app and begs to be brought out properly.

Yeah, from the face sculpt, to the clothing, to the shield he is just a really great figure.

Josh, Aragorn has always been one of my favorite characters in the Tolkien universe and that's why I had his sculpt repainted. It took the figure to a whole new level. Since you are working on customizing your Aragorn as well, you may want to think about a repaint as well. The sculpt is wonderful underneath that factory paint app and begs to be brought out properly.

I understand. He and Gandalf are really tied so he's very important which is why I'd consider getting it repainted and may send it to Josh at somepoint.

I have Han's shirt now and just waiting Boromir to arrive and I can at least get phase one done. :lol

I am thinking about buying an extra Aragorn and an exclusive Boromir to create a TTT Aragorn. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to use for his elven dagger though.

I now need to find a regular Aragorn and an exclusive Boromir.

I now have a deal to get an exclusive Aragorn and Boromir so I have a question what color should his shirt be. I see Josh is getting Faramir, I thought it was suppose to be a maroon color? Anyway does anyone have any other ideas since Faramirs shirt is sold out.

Also does anyone have any ideas for chainmail. Would Boromirs work.

Back