Customised Hasbro Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HugeBadWolf

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is a pearoast of what was in the Biker Scout thread, but think it may deserve it's own thread.

I have a couple of Hasbro soeeder bikes and I've never been hapopy about the way they look, more specificly, I think that the outriggers are way too short, so I decided to do something about it...

First job was to get at the outriggers, a few loose screws later and they were off. Cut the front off of the struts and the struts off of the plate that screws into the body.

Replaced the struts with a couple of lengths of aluminium tube.
DSC02155.jpg

When it was put back together, I noticed there was a bit of droop. I think this was a result of being a bit keen with the dremel when I hollowed out places for the tubes. A couple of pins later and things were looking a lot better.
DSC02159.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

Next job was to drill some holes for the cables to clip into
DSC02157.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

You can see in these pics that I'm a bit ham-fited with the dremel, this resulted in one of the tubes breaking, hence the slightly larger outer tube that runs halfway along each strut.
But when I'd fixed that problem the cables clip in quite nicely
DSC02153.jpg

Next job is to extend some of the kibble out to meet the narrower struts, suspect I'll do this woth a few off-cuts of the narrower tube, and clean up the joints
DSC02152.jpg

Doesn't look too bad at the moment, think that once the paint goes on it'll look alot better.
DSC02150.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

Cheers,
Doug

Think this is just about done now, well as done as any project is anyway.

Will try and get some photos taken tomorrow when there's some natural light about.

Cheers,
Doug

Got one of these myself and its in the book of eventual "to do's"

Will keep an careful eye on this thread for tips, take your time Im subscribing :)

Thanks for the compliments chaps :)

Didn't get a chance to take any decent pics today, got sidetracked tinkering with a few bits I still wasn't happy with and did some more on the Council chair I'm building from Dorgmal's plans.

Will post a ptoper update some point soon, but until then here's a quick teaser pic...
DSC02170.jpg

Cheers,
Doug

evilBay mate, the one's with Luke or Leia turn up more often than the one with the Scout.
Picked the one in the background up for £30 shipped a couple of weeks ago.
Came with a Luke though, still, the speeder's the thing and my sons will appreciate the Luke :)

Cheers,
Doug

yeah I have been looking but I have missed so many scout troopers in the past that just were out of my budget, and now there does not seem to be any about. Think I should just concentrate on my building and restrain myself form the dreaded e-bay!

Dorgmal

There was going to be a big update, with lots of lovely pictures, but it's been postponed until the cat behaves herself...
DSC02200.jpg

DSC02195.jpg

More soon (speeder, not cat).

Cheers,
Doug

What a nice cat :)

Always interested in what you do (open up a box and guess who will be sitting next to you) :)

Ooh and great work on the speeder bike :)

Mooncat - Nope, no measuring/plans at all :) It's just what looking right to me, suspect that they may be a little on the long side but they look OK.

Shropt, Amarcord - Thanks Chaps :)

Dorgmal - Buy one now, you know tha you're gonna end up getting one at some point anyway :lol

Kuzeh - Could be time to find the duct tape and the kitten...

Cheers,
Doug

I think it looks fantastic, i really want to try to get hold of one.

If you are working to scale then the length over the the overall speeder should be about 36cm long. the body is about 22cm.

oooww i so want one. Brilliant job Doug

Back