Custom Kitbashed Destro 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to repaint the eyes. I just haven't gotten out to getting the paint yet, but it will happen.

As for Destro not being Cobra, like I said, I was influenced by the Resolute look. And he is clearly in Cobra clothing in that. I do have an extra Buffy Spike Trench lying around and tried it on him. I just didn't look right. It made him look even more like a CC copy (CCC? :lol ) so I didn't go with it. I am still looking into a WWII Officer's trench for him though.

The more I work on this guy, the more I wonder what Sideshow's take on him will be.

I'm going to repaint the eyes. I just haven't gotten out to getting the paint yet, but it will happen.

As for Destro not being Cobra, like I said, I was influenced by the Resolute look. And he is clearly in Cobra clothing in that. I do have an extra Buffy Spike Trench lying around and tried it on him. I just didn't look right. It made him look even more like a CC copy (CCC? :lol ) so I didn't go with it. I am still looking into a WWII Officer's trench for him though.

The more I work on this guy, the more I wonder what Sideshow's take on him will be.

When I made my kitbash, I was thinking the same thing. Though the only thing that kept popping into my head was this Destro and how much I DON'T want SS to do the big pillow collar:

1destro6.jpg

So I tried to think of what I'd like to see and then really looked at how the Troops and CC looked and tried to incorporate something like that into a "classic" style Destro.

SS Destro better be close as possible to the original 83 figure. Big red collar and all.

Collar, yes. Pillow no! :mad:

Of course, they'll probably go the DDP route, give him a mask with black features, put him in a black turtleneck (reused from Firefly) and maroon pants (reused from Duke). He'll come with a plastic pimp chain and charm with his likeness and "Destro" stamped on it. :monkey4

Though on the bright side, anybody interested in making a kitbash of DC's Steel will have a great starting point. :lol

:lol I forgot that about that Destro. Now that you mention it, I could really see Sideshow going with that look. It is fairly simple and more believable than a big red collar.

:lol You guys are hard to please. There have been numerous Destro figures with just green eyes though. I thought going with a metallic green would fit with the mask better than a neon green.

Maybe I'll try this later

DestroMedMini.jpg

I want to see how I like the solid green eyes for a little bit though before I try out the "right" look.

:lol You guys are hard to please. There have been numerous Destro figures with just green eyes though. I thought going with a metallic green would fit with the mask better than a neon green.

Maybe I'll try this later

DestroMedMini.jpg

I want to see how I like the solid green eyes for a little bit though before I try out the "right" look.

If you dip the brush in thinner, run it along the eyelids, and wipe them, you should be able to get the overpaint off. I had to do that with the black.

Nice find! I might just grab one of those. That is very Destro-ish! Even the original figure posted on the previous page had one!

And I too kind of like the pupilless look. But I'm still not sure I like it on mine though. So I'll probably try the same look Nam did with his. If I don't like it, I can always go pupilless again.

Well, here is my take on Destro. This was a really fun custom and the cost was about 1/3 less than a Sideshow Joe figure. I used the Hasbro head, narrow shoulder true type body, Dragon clothes and jack boots, and an unknown leather jacket. The belt and braid were made with stuff around the house. I am not done yet, I have some ideas I want to try out (guns and accessories, etc...).

That looks fantastic! You've really convinced me to go with the officer's uniform now :rock

Thanks, I think it looks great too. The braid is made of this thin rope I found in the christmas wrapping section at Target. I looked on-line and found out how to braid 5 strands (and I realize that sounds kinda gay, but........um........well....... it is kinda gay, but it made the Destro look really nice and I learned something new). Thanks for the complement.

Wow! That looks outstanding! I really like the idea of Destro looking more like a WWII German. Love the big black leather coat and the jack boots, it makes him look pretty bad-ass! Where would I get a coat like that?

I'm eventually going to custom this one-- but for $10 (bought today) he doesn't look too bad straight out of the box.

Back