Custom Kitbashed Destro 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll look into it. Its just so hard finding decent TT gloves and boots. I'll try some bulking first.

:thwak Pro gloves and boots work with TTs man (we've been through this with Indy already). My Destro has Cobra Commander's gloves on and they look just peachy.

Nothing screams DESTRO than a big logo screaming DESTRO! :lol

And no, I haven't considered that, but perhaps for the base? I know Evil already did one like that for someone else. I still haven't decided if I'm going to put a Cobra logo on him either. It would make sense given the colors. I mean, its just a greatcoat. I don't suppose Destro would be above wearing a Cobra coat over his own garb. I mean, that is basically what he was doing in Resolute I think.

Its funny how much people are so against Destro being Cobra affiliated. I mean he practically lives at Cobra HQ and has always seemed like a second in command to Cobra Commander to me (I don't recognize Serpentor or the Cobra-La crap). :dunno

Nobody has a problem with him being affiliated with Cobra, but he's always been his own entity. Kinda like Han was with the Rebellion.

I guess that makes sense when you put it that way. To me, I've always just considered him part of Cobra, but I've since learned that isn't how everyone else feels :lol

I guess that makes sense when you put it that way. To me, I've always just considered him part of Cobra, but I've since learned that isn't how everyone else feels :lol

It's your figure, make him how you want. I just suggested the Destro Iron Grenadier logo because it is his logo. I always saw Destro wearing a COBRA logo in the same vein as somebody like Captain America or Spider-Man wearing an Avengers logo. They may be part of the team but have their own individual style.
In regards to Destro being second to COBRA Commander you are right. In his original introduction Destro was decribed by the Commander as the field leader for COBRA. COBRA Commander described himself as the equivalent to General Flagg while Destro is the equivalent to Hawk, pre-Duke days of course.

Finally got some time to add the red trim!

dsc01468vw.jpg

dsc01469d.jpg

I'm working on the eyes right now. So I'll get some pics of those up soon!

Looks good but in your pics the red appears kind of pink but matbe it's just the pics.
And also the head seems a bit too small for a guy who wears a metal helmet.

Yeah, its mostly the flash that is turning it pink. Plus it is still a little wet. The paint looks pinkish when it is fresh, but darkens once it dries. It looks better in person, and without the flash.

And I suppose the head is a little small, but not too bad, or at least in person. Its the RoC Destro head, so I guess it isn't exactly a helmet :lol

I still never understood how Destro's lips moved on the cartoon. :lol

Anyway, here he is with corrected eyes!

dsc01473zz.jpg

I like the choked up gem. The eyes look a lot better too. Reminds me alot of the cold weather Destro seen on the old Sunbow toon.

:lol Only Pimp Daddy Destro rivals pink'd denim :rock

Now if I can just find a good belt and sword for him, I'll call him finished.

I'd look over some of the Civil War stuff that's been parted out. Not sure if Ignite's ever released any Musketeer-style stuff but that'd be another route to go if they have.

Either Ignite or Crazy Owner (same company ,different name) made a French Musketeer.Check monkey depot or War toys .One of them or both had him on sale.

Well, I think I just about finished up my (Resolute) Destro. The only real difference from the Resolute look I is the sword. But I though Destro should have one, seeing as he did in his IG look. Plus it still feels officerish.

I also gave him the o'l gun in the briefcase. Just need a Mars logo to go on it.

dsc01513w.jpg

dsc01514nu.jpg

Well, I think I just about finished up my (Resolute) Destro. The only real difference from the Resolute look I is the sword. But I though Destro should have one, seeing as he did in his IG look. Plus it still feels officerish.

I also gave him the o'l gun in the briefcase. Just need a Mars logo to go on it.

dsc01513w.jpg

dsc01514nu.jpg

The Denim Destroyer! :p

Looks good bud. But with that collar, you can go more red on the cuffs to match it.

Back