Custom Kitbashed Destro 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if you dyed the shirt red? :naughty

He'd look like ****ing Dudley Do Right. :lol

2237186790_696622cd8d.jpg

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 -ROC reference. :lol Initially I considered transplanting him on a TT and using Dracula's clothes. Why not consider that route or go with something like that? :dunno

I think the way they "Lex Luthored" him works though. I mean I've got a suited Cobra Commander, so why not a Destro too?

I think the way they "Lex Luthored" him works though. I mean I've got a suited Cobra Commander, so why not a Destro too?

Nah, not with the metal head. Bulky suits wouldn't look right so you'd need to do a tightly tailored look and the neck is going to **** up the aesthetics of that and make him look bobbleheaded and a baggy suit would make him look pinheaded. Besides, the suit doesn't fit in with the whole militaristic look of the Cobras which is why I never went the suit route with a custom CC. Sure it looks cool, but it's not as badass as CC in full Cobra regalia pounding on a podium and raising his Cobra staff. I dunno, that's just my opinion. :huh

Well, the way I see it, the reason why Destro wears the mask is to hide his identity. I know that might be cannon, but in a more realisitc setting he would try to hide his face I would think. Just like Cobra Commnader. I mean if Tony Stark was selling arms to Cobra, don't you think he'd hide the fact he was Tony Stark? That way he can still run his legitimate businesses, but still supply and visit Cobra as well. Just my thinking of it. I mean, its not like he and Cobra Commander are stuck in one outfit the rest of their lives.

Well, the way I see it, the reason why Destro wears the mask is to hide his identity. I know that might be cannon, but in a more realisitc setting he would try to hide his face I would think. Just like Cobra Commnader. I mean if Tony Stark was selling arms to Cobra, don't you think he'd hide the fact he was Tony Stark? That way he can still run his legitimate businesses, but still supply and visit Cobra as well. Just my thinking of it. I mean, its not like he and Cobra Commander are stuck in one outfit the rest of their lives.

Neither do military personnel wear the same clothes day in and day out. I suppose by that rational, you could go with a Borat thong too? :dunno

SexyDestro.jpg

Last edited:
And.....done. About 6hrs of pawning through WalMart and the local craft store and I finally found something that works.

DestroNeck2.jpg

DestroNeck.jpg

The only thing that sucks is that the chain came in 6-foot segments and gems came in a set of 5.... I only needed a three inch chain and one stone. :(

someone made a nice little business out of making better One Rings for Frodo. Maybe people would buy this, especially if SSC's doesn't come with one.

someone made a nice little business out of making better One Rings for Frodo. Maybe people would buy this, especially if SSC's doesn't come with one.

I s'pose I wouldn't mind going that route for fellow freaks who're interested, but I don't see that many people going all out with Hasbro's Destro. The basic figure's really a stinker and there's a bit of work needed to polish up the turd. :lol

Alright, for better or worse he'll do as a stand-in until we get Sideshow's. Still stumped about the gemstone though. :(:

DestroMedMini.jpg

3someMini.jpg

He was just a straight bash using the Hasbro head, a regular TrueType, ToysCity German SS Officer uniform and some Sideshow Cobra Trooper gloved hands & Pegs. At some point I'll take a heating element and brand the buckle flat so there's no Nazi symbol. The more I look at the Baroness pic, the more I think of how caca she is. If she hadn't been a B-day gift from my daughter, she would've floated off on the bay a loooooooong time ago. :lol Eventually, I'll have to do something with her.

Nice looking custom Nam I like him even better with the necklace you made... the eye repaint was a definite plus as well.

Wondering what a black Drizzle cape would look like on him? More of the Iron Grenadiers look... :huh

Nice looking custom Nam I like him even better with the necklace you made... the eye repaint was a definite plus as well.

Thanks! Just happy to have the arms dealer on my shelf with the rest of the Cobras. Sideshow should've made him second, but given their issues with the bodies, I'm glad they didn't. I'm really looking forward to seeing Buttmunch's take on it.

...now what to do with the Baroness...

I really like what you did for the Jewel Nam :rock

You'd think a big jewel on a necklace would look really feminine, but it doesn't one bit. It actually looks kind of manly. Strange as that sounds. Destro can definately pull a necklace off!

I too hit up the craft store recently and came up with the following. Yes, it is still on the temporary original Hasbro suit, but it works for testing until I can track down a suit/uniform I like. The gem is actually the exact size as the tie pin printed on the Hasbro tie. So I just superglued this one right on top of it.

So to head off the jokes, I give you Mr. November!

dsc01414m.jpg

dsc01414m.jpg

But I might be interested in one of your necklace's Nam.

I really like what you did for the Jewel Nam :rock

You'd think a big jewel on a necklace would look really feminine, but it doesn't one bit. It actually looks kind of manly. Strange as that sounds. Destro can definately pull a necklace off!

I too hit up the craft store recently and came up with the following. Yes, it is still on the temporary original Hasbro suit, but it works for testing until I can track down a suit/uniform I like. The gem is actually the exact size as the tie pin printed on the Hasbro tie. So I just superglued this one right on top of it.

So to head off the jokes, I give you Mr. November!

dsc01414m.jpg

dsc01414m.jpg

But I might be interested in one of your necklace's Nam.

Yeah, I literally scoured the craft stores trying to explain my idea to the employees (I'm probably now known as the "Destro geek.). I kept finding ones that were either too big, too small, or ****ing jeweled hearts.... no shortage of jewel hearts. :lol

I can't wait to see what you do with him bud, but you really, REALLY need to get rid of that suit...:monkey4. You can always pull the jewel off the tie and keep that concept for a better tie and better suit. If you wind up wanting the necklace, I went ahead and make the other 4 up so just PM me.

Actually that jewel came in a little pack that has 25 of them. So I can just leave that one as is. I've got 24 more to use :lol

And yes, I do need to get rid of the suit. But the crappy suit is better to have on display than a naked Destro :eek:

I've finally got an idea on Destro's clothing. Not sure if it will work though. I'll have to wait and see if the parts coming in will work or not. But I thought I'd post that I am working on it!

Ok, he is still very much a work-in-progress, but I did get some major parts in today. I was waiting for today's parts to see if I would continue with this idea I had for him, or if I'd just go with a suit, or a different route. As we all know, Destro's classic costume is very much dated. So even if my Destro outfit isn't even close to what Sideshow will do, I think we all realize we won't be getting Destro in his classic outfit. So here is a sneak on my take of Destro.

dsc01419r.jpg

I've still got a lot more work left on him, so things will probably get changed around a bit. I'm thinking of shortening Nam's necklace chain a bit to either come just below the Cobra symbol, or just above it. Still haven't decided yet.

Back