Custom Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance from the Shining Headsculpt by Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Banff Springs in Alberta, Canada. I think they still have the same carpet, that alone could be scary. Was there as a child, 8 yrs old maybe. It has a spectacular view. Well worth the trip alone. Could wander around for days just looking at the scenery. Nothing freaky happen when I was there, at least nothing to fire up a young imagination. The place is somehow ominous. Massive & lonely despite having people there. Just strange. Do want o go back sometime

Banff Springs in Alberta, Canada. I think they still have the same carpet, that alone could be scary. Was there as a child, 8 yrs old maybe. It has a spectacular view. Well worth the trip alone. Could wander around for days just looking at the scenery. Nothing freaky happen when I was there, at least nothing to fire up a young imagination. The place is somehow ominous. Massive & lonely despite having people there. Just strange. Do want o go back sometime

No I think you're mistaken, it is said that the actual shots of the hotels exteriors were located in both Colorado and Oregon. The interiors were all sets built in England. I live 4 hours from the Banff Springs hotel and have been there many times, i've never heard that before.

I wouldn't be surprised if my friends were bs'ing me about the Banff Springs. Would make a lot more sense that it was Coloradao. When it was filmed I don't think a lot of production companies were up here doing shots other that CBC

She was still freaked out about the place though, wonder if the regular worker there play a game of "lets mess with the seasonal folks"

Terminator, thanks for setting me straight, I didn't now the interiors were in the UK, damn that thing must have cost a lot to make. Ok, are those ugly carpets still there though?

this is a model kit I bought a couple of years ago, nice sculpt, and one of the few figural representations of our favorite caretaker. This pic is of one that was on ebay last week, head sculpt is a little different than mine, maybe it's a recast? I'm thinking about buying the Subway clothes and dressing it instead of the normal paint opp.

Ever hear the song "Take the Money and Run" by Steve Miller Band?

I don't think he has taken any money yet, or has he???

Anyway, I'm happy with the Subway sculpt.

Any, I'm happy with the Subway sculpt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that Subway figure is incredible, it's almost like having a miniature Jack Nicholson on the shelf......but I have a feeling Chris' sculpt is going to be even better

have you guys seen the feng's studio version of the subway sculpt? it looks dam good and mind u da original subway sculpts ain't bad at all

I care.

If I don't get the product, I am getting a refund.

I politely asked for a refund months ago and was simply ignored so forget that. This will eventually get done, i'm not worried about that but I had no idea it would take a decade to complete either.

Like I said you live and learn.

Well considering the amount of projects he took on in a relatively short period of time...I'm not surprised at the turnaround time.

I signed up for a Hunter S. Thompson sculpt...haven't paid yet but I have a very strong feeling it will probably not get made....or at least not any time this year.

I politely asked for a refund months ago and was simply ignored so forget that. This will eventually get done, i'm not worried about that but I had no idea it would take a decade to complete either.

Like I said you live and learn.

Oh right.

Unfair enough then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back