Custom Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance from the Shining Headsculpt by Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid too and I think a few others did upfront too.
We need to all send emails I guess just to see where this project stands.
I've also paid for a man on fire denzel head up front.

That wasn't that long ago but I hope the same thing doesn't happen.

EDIT :

I also paid for a Lost boys head but that sculpt was shown finished or very close to being finished so I'm not sure whats happened there.

I have already sent him an e-mail and a very professional one too. No reply. I really do not care, not just saying that in spite. I have cut my losses and moved on.

I wish I could take my sweet ass time and get paid for it too, that would be nice.

Chris mentions about not being able to recieve emails here..

As I mentioned elsewhere, I've been having a major email problem due to Russian Spammers (long story) and the filters are causing me to not get a lot of legit emails. When emailing, please use the simplest and most innocuous subject line possible, like "Hello".

I refunded some stuff to you a few months back, right? I think it was in January. Is that what you are talking about? I sent your latest order of a cane for House a while ago. If you'd like to send that back, that's OK.

thats from this thread..

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1709203#post1709203

I'll make a note there now about looking in this one and maybe updating it with news of if its still going on.

I foresee a time in the "not too distant future" when SSF has garnered a reputation for chasing away sculptors and artists.

Well considering the amount of projects he took on in a relatively short period of time...I'm not surprised at the turnaround time.

I signed up for a Hunter S. Thompson sculpt...haven't paid yet but I have a very strong feeling it will probably not get made....or at least not any time this year.

I tryed to contact Chris about 2 times on here and 4 times on his email about Hunter S. Thompson and having enough people but haven't gotten any replies over the course of the 2 months or so I tryed getting in touch with him.

My apologies, believe me I tryed hard to organise that one and getting us to 10 wasn't easy. Heck, I already bought the body, outfit, accessories and everything.

I foresee a time in the "not too distant future" when SSF has garnered a reputation for chasing away sculptors and artists.

Boy that sure is a scary thought, one that will keep me up late at night sleepless.

I sure hope there is an alternative ................. oh wait there is

TS_06.jpg

:rolleyes:

With what HT's and EB are producing who cares?

I want to keep this alive. I still haven't had any word yet.
I'm not sure if Chris has been on since me and Snakeater left a message ( and maybe some of you other guys , thanks if you did ) but I hope we get an update soon. Lets try to keep this up top.
I think its been about 5 months. I've waited longer for other custom work but the huge amount of work Chris has lined up makes it feel like its alot longer. I still hope this will happen. Ecspecially since alot of us have paid.
Can't do any harm to keep this thread alive.

Geez, that is pretty bad. I have not emailed him, didn't think there was much point.

May have to do the same too I guess. :(

If I could play Devils Advocate here, Chris may have got himself into a situation of not being able to give refunds. He may have bought materials in advance and only have enough money in his account to allow for bills to be paid.
I think the ball is well and truly in his court and it's up to him to be totally honest with his customers and let them know what the full situation is. I read his comments on the other thread and while he had some points to why it takes a long time, he seemed oblivious to fact that the people he has taken money from are his customers no matter how small his margin is.
To me he seems like somebody who let his hobby become a business that he was ill prepared for. The only solution I would have for him is to stop taking any new work and to fulfil his already existing contracts while keeping people up to date here and at OSW of his progress .

I really don't care anymore, I have been extremely lenient and patient with this man. Tonight he recieves his very first negative from yours truly and I will make sure all other do as well.

5 E-mails and many PM's .......... I have never even had a conversation with this man over a period of 7 months.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fFGZufk4HFs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fFGZufk4HFs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I just jumped to the end of the thread- then went back- forget about it. Hey anyone get screwed by Greg Maddox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back