Custom G.I.Joe Scarlett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Scarlett i did for commision

I'm trying to find a good upgrade base body for female Joes too. Cy girls aren't cutting it anymore, too much tactical hooker look to steal a phrase. I really like the look of the HT based Covergirl someone posted, they are just so dang expensive.

Triad's Alpha is pretty good. They have some meat to them although I recommend the medium or small breasted ones. Plus they have a basic model that'll only run you about $30 plus shipping.
SSC, Dragon, and Cy-Girl are sickly thin (mostly the waist), and Phicen's mini-"Real Dolls" are just too weird for my tastes.

Triad's Alpha is pretty good. They have some meat to them although I recommend the medium or small breasted ones. Plus they have a basic model that'll only run you about $30 plus shipping.
SSC, Dragon, and Cy-Girl are sickly thin (mostly the waist), and Phicen's mini-"Real Dolls" are just too weird for my tastes.

Thanks for your input Mando, I think I'll give the Alphas a try. And I agree on the Real Dolls too.

I'm look forward to seeing how the Sideshow female bodies turn out.

I'm look forward to seeing how the Sideshow female bodies turn out.

Not a very good track record I'm afraid. The Pro and all its revisions and mods still can't compare to any the new male muscle bodies of late: KP, ACI and HT. I'm sure they will be better than the original female buck but that's not a very high bar. :ohbfrank:

Kumik makes an acceptable replacement for hot toys body and they look feminine. keep in mind if you use bootfeet from triad you will need to mod alittle and I'll show that when i remake scarlett. She just looks fat and I cant stand it anymore. thats why ttl and cygirls are kinda falling by the wayside.

triad would be better if they adjusted neck and make post longer, But triad needs to slim the bodies slightly because there kinda fat too. the males should not look scrony next to a female figure I cant believe noone in the toy biz has not seen this.

kumik has only two downsides, week wrists and ankle post thats not removable. kumik fits sideshow heads and hot toys as well as phician heads but you will need to push them down and take the skin and tuck it into sculpt and boom it looks like she was born with it

So guys if you like the body and want to use boot feet keep tuned and when i remake Scarlett i'll post pics on step by step. Just bear in mind by doing this you make a commitment to this permantly but i have no interest in changeing her out when im done.

Last edited:

Not a bad custom. I would figure a different way of attaching the gun to the arm instead of slapping on some putty.

You can take this for what it's worth or not . . .

A couple of years ago @ the SDCC, one of the Sideshow crew approached the Triad Toys booth and inquired or offered to do a trade (i.e. figure for figure). The Triad Toys rep (NOT Louie Tran) agreed and traded one of the new (at the time) female Triad Toys figure for a Sideshow Star Wars figure.

Flash forward about a year and there is still development/speculation about the female body being crafted by Sideshow.

The Triad Toys rep I spoke with about a year or so ago claimed that he feels Sideshow may have derived some aspects of their new female body (still in development) from their ALPHA female body.

Of course the "proof" will be IF & WHEN we'll actually see new production pictures or have them in hand. Based on what was previewed by Sideshow . . . it didn't look (so far) anywhere near the ALPHA body.

Is the ALPHA body absolutely perfect? No, but it's the base/basic 1:6 female body is the readily available today compared to other 1:6 female bodies and it's acceptable compromise between form & function.

Sideshow's track record when it comes to 1:6 female bodies sucks. It's a fact.

I suspect Sideshow's female body will be a "OEM"-ish design utilizing a variety of aspects from available/known 1:6 female bodies from different manufacturers or could very well license out the use of the HOT TOYS female body given their relationship with them.

Oh no, another "copied triad body" post!!!!

The Female Pro looks great on Baroness. That is all that matters.

so is baroness in yet to see more pics

Kumik makes an acceptable replacement for hot toys body and they look feminine. keep in mind if you use bootfeet from triad you will need to mod alittle and I'll show that when i remake scarlett. She just looks fat and I cant stand it anymore. thats why ttl and cygirls are kinda falling by the wayside.

triad would be better if they adjusted neck and make post longer, But triad needs to slim the bodies slightly because there kinda fat too. the males should not look scrony next to a female figure I cant believe noone in the toy biz has not seen this.

kumik has only two downsides, week wrists and ankle post thats not removable. kumik fits sideshow heads and hot toys as well as phician heads but you will need to push them down and take the skin and tuck it into sculpt and boom it looks like she was born with it

So guys if you like the body and want to use boot feet keep tuned and when i remake Scarlett i'll post pics on step by step. Just bear in mind by doing this you make a commitment to this permantly but i have no interest in changeing her out when im done.

I just got a kumik for a custom and it is a great choice. The thing is that you will have to paint a flesh tone to match whatever head you use if the character has any showing. Bare hands, neck etc. Mine was beige when I got it. The articulation is excellent in the ab area as it is hidden under the skin. The wrist and ankle pegs are fragile. I had to replace mine with some others I had. Still it's a great body for a slim female.

I just got a kumik for a custom and it is a great choice. The thing is that you will have to paint a flesh tone to match whatever head you use if the character has any showing. Bare hands, neck etc. Mine was beige when I got it. The articulation is excellent in the ab area as it is hidden under the skin. The wrist and ankle pegs are fragile. I had to replace mine with some others I had. Still it's a great body for a slim female.

Well since you wont see the skin in both baroness and Scarlett i decided to make them permanently costumed. in a full jumpsuit kumik's look awesome.

I just got another head for my Scarlett and I'm much happier with it, It's an old sculpt but with collar of jumpsuit it will be hidden. the Red is a decent look I will need to boil perm her hair to remove kinks in hair and curl ends the way it should be. I added some blue to her eyes because they were a odd shade of i don't know what . the Kumik gloved hands holds crossbow perfectly so I'm happy with that. I still have a lot to do on her before I re-release images. But when I'm done she will look 100% better than any of the ones before her.

I gave the old body to cover girl I'm still contemplating on a head. the clothing set that came with jeans and brown jacket looks nice on body. the big butt on figure fills out pants so I don't have to take it in thank god. I'm going to mod collar and get corrose to make a decal for her patch.

I think im going to also use a kumik/triad for Baroness I have all the pieces i need so far, I'm using a matte latex like fabric for jumpsuit and shiny vinyl for armor and boots. She will look badazz when she is finished. i have sunglasses and eyeglasses for her.

Baronesses old body will become Lady Jay's new body maybe im still toying with idea.

Cool Groovy can't wait to see some new pic's of the ladies.

Well I dont take break officially from college until may and I hope for that month I'll finish all 4 figures in one take. That will give me time to get lady jaye and Cover girls suplies. Covergirl is almost finished I have to make her shirt and re-root her hair. Pritty much i have bits and pieces made for 3 figures I just need to put finishing touches on them. Lady jaye will be an complete overhaul. I have to sculpt her spear heads for her javelins and structure a backpack for them.

Anyone in USA know where I can get some online or wouldnt charge me an arm and leg for a backpack? I could work in trade for any clothing that someone needs done.

thanks mike for the comment

Well I dont take break officially from college until may and I hope for that month I'll finish all 4 figures in one take. That will give me time to get lady jaye and Cover girls suplies. Covergirl is almost finished I have to make her shirt and re-root her hair. Pritty much i have bits and pieces made for 3 figures I just need to put finishing touches on them. Lady jaye will be an complete overhaul. I have to sculpt her spear heads for her javelins and structure a backpack for them.

Anyone in USA know where I can get some online or wouldnt charge me an arm and leg for a backpack? I could work in trade for any clothing that someone needs done.

I'm doing a Lady Jaye also. The only thing holding me up is altering her uniform. But I made her quiver from fabric wrapped tight around a super glue hardened cardboard frame. They stay in quite well.

Thanks I may make mine from chipboard since it is more sturdy than cardboard.

if you want I can alter her uniform in trade for a backpack

I got the bodies for lady jaye,covergirl their going t be triad, baroness i got a phician female due to the head i chose i refused to use a ttl or cy girl their torso is a train wreck so i had no choice in the matter because the chest plate needs a big busted figure..

Scarlett will still remain to be the kumik because the body works for my head and the outfit and the med bust is what i need for her costume.

I still need t locate a rifle for covergirl and some odds and ends for lady jaye as well since i have everything i need for baroness and scarlett so i'll finish them 1st. I only have to reroot baroness and covergirl when their heads arrive because those companies fail to cust and style the hair which is why people hate rooted hair. I dont on some figures because they need flowing hair so it desnt restrict neck movement and molded hair only had one look your stuck with.

Back