Custom G.I.Joe Scarlett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy34

Super Freak
Reaction score
551002_3426476511210_1896494515_a.jpg

603526_3426477791242_1555271804_n.jpg

304734_3426483511385_61070688_n.jpg

304855_3426487311480_1285649110_n.jpg

530218_3426488431508_1577468242_n.jpg

557942_3426489031523_1168631683_n.jpg

554980_3426489871544_120197941_n.jpg

165985_3426491071574_1894509625_n.jpg

561311_3426491671589_763678399_n.jpg

486525_3426497671739_1668870188_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Custom Scarlett i did for commision

Dont really like the look of the hair but the rest is spot on good work man.

Wow I rooted the hair to specifications of the customer. the color is better in person because it is spot on color wise to scarlett.
the forhead was due to who molded this sculpt to begin with i went with facial features.

besides molded ponytails looks terrible mine was silky like real hair and the grey hair tie is a nod to cartoon

If you can do better Id love to see it.

if you rooted it then, just give her some more up front,then it will look 100times better, and no i dont know how to root hair and even i dont like hot toys rooted hair, sculpted hair always looked better to me! but this is just my opinion, 1 out of a million. still though thanks for sharing and you did do a great job on her.

Wow I rooted the hair to specifications of the customer. the color is better in person because it is spot on color wise to scarlett.
the forhead was due to who molded this sculpt to begin with i went with facial features.

besides molded ponytails looks terrible mine was silky like real hair and the grey hair tie is a nod to cartoon

If the customer is happy with it, that's all that's important. But SE171 does have valid points with the hair when comparing this piece to the quality of Joes we have already. Additionally, we've seen great sculpted ponytails from HT (Jill), Sideshow (Laura Croft) and even Dragon (Jennifer), so I'm guessing the "horrible" remark was defending the custom. Hair aside, she looks remarkable.

thanks so much averagejo
to the remarks on the hair, i did look at the molded pony tails however scarlets ponytail is fuller hair and mid back almost scraping butt a thin or short ponytail will look off. I followed a combo of cartoon,comic and card art when I made her I didn't see any way around using rooted hair. the face i pic'd was the head I used, I removed her hair and rooted it a dark dark red for some reason photographed it looks brighter and odd in photos but when you move her into a action pose it acts like magic and flows realistically like the cartoon scarlett.
Im happy with rooted hair, sometimes it's necessary when molded falls short and cheepens the effect. Those who love molded hair is willing to look over the shortcommings of a bad mold i had to compromise with a high forhead but head was to hard to add additional holes to root more hair. if SS does her I hope they dont make a skinny ponytail it will just look terrible when hers looks like a foxtail type ponytail and its long.

as long as the customer is happy, thats all that matters. and you of course.to me i always liked the look of sculpted hair because you can get the effects right in the hair and color always looks better. but for you rooting her hair you did a great job though.

p.s. you might loosen the hairtie a bit.

I did before I sent her i noticed it was to tight for the card art by pulling it out slightly it looked perfectly. I did another to look more cartoon like. which I kept for myself.

He was ubber happy said the pics didnt do her justice and she looks awsome next to SS joes, he looks forward to other figures.
Im doing doc and Breaker.
I have a comission to make destro's clothes he is sending body because destro's outfit was skin tight which i thought was odd for jodpur pants but looking at pics i see that its clearly jodpurs ridding pants.

He was ubber happy said the pics didnt do her justice and she looks awsome next to SS joes, he looks forward to other figures.
Im doing doc and Breaker.
I have a comission to make destro's clothes he is sending body because destro's outfit was skin tight which i thought was odd for jodpur pants but looking at pics i see that its clearly jodpurs ridding pants.

post pics when your done, the hobby is addictive once you start.

post pics when your done, the hobby is addictive once you start.

Yes I have plenty in mind. not just G.I.Joe some final fantasy,dc comics, marvel characters. Im likeing them more than barbie that i started customising.

Im going to do teela and evil lyn and maybe he man and skeletor. and she-rah characters in 1/6th scale. since im going to school to be a toy designer I want to specialize in 1/6th scale.

which final fantasy you gonna do? a 1/6 Cloud and Sephiroth would be epic!

Back