Custom G.I.Joe Scarlett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Devil's Due design is terrible. Original card art only. Guess I'm better off making my own than dropping $200 on Sideshow's.

My gut feeling tells me that Sideshow will be inspired by the classic look, but the actual outfit color & design will be derived from later designs for a modern look like her outfit from GI JOE: RESOLUTE.

My biggest disappointment will be if they go all black like her outfit from GI JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA.

images

I love that look! That is the perfect blend of realism, G.I. Joe 'flair', and treating a female character as an equal.

If Sideshow fails, and I of course expect them to, I will just scavenge the parts and make something that looks like that.

Edit: May need to buy Snake-eyes and Stalker after all (yes, I read the comics, did not really watch the cartoon).

Last edited:
The Devil's Due design is terrible. Original card art only. Guess I'm better off making my own than dropping $200 on Sideshow's.

Original card art looks more than a little derpy. It needs something.

scarlett11front.jpg

Not sure what, but something.

here is a more "original inspired" take.

scarlett____gi_joe_by_diabolumberto-d4umaj0.jpg

minor tweaks, like swapping out the one-piece swimwear with some body armor, adding a gunbelt with leg harness... and it just works better.

Last edited:
As long as they dont make her tan parts look yellow. it's a golden tan

I would be fine with this version but anything deviating from this or the original will throw everyone and she wont get sold accept parted out on ebay.

She is a fan of silent weapons worn secretly on her uniform as to not weigh her down like other Joes. So I hope Sideshow takes into the account her gear must be set stealth where it can be accessible but not create to much bulk. She doesn't carry heavy gear she is more martial arts oriented i guess from dating snake eyes and her family owning a dojo.

this costume boars me to tears also not entirely practical the pants allow to much wind resistance making kicks slow you need a sleek ouitfit for martial arts unless all your moves are all ninja flight attacks like storm shadow. it also makes her to easy to grab.

images

As long as they dont make her tan parts look yellow. it's a golden tan

I would be fine with this version but anything deviating from this or the original will throw everyone and she wont get sold accept parted out on ebay.

She is a fan of silent weapons worn secretly on her uniform as to not weigh her down like other Joes. So I hope Sideshow takes into the account her gear must be set stealth where it can be accessible but not create to much bulk. She doesn't carry heavy gear she is more martial arts oriented i guess from dating snake eyes and her family owning a dojo.

Oh I agree.

Though, for good measure, I wouldn't say no to seeing her get another Laser rifle, like every other joe, as well as possibly... oh, say, an honest to god sniper rifle?

Or a simple silenced M4. or, go metal gear and give her a Silenced Socom, and a big knife ;P

Short version, they can give her as much gear as they want.... as long as her traditional gear is there, we can always strip her down and not display it.... or give it to another joe :D

On the original Scarlett she has a Walther PPK pistol with a slide out trick wrist mechanism if they can make that work it would be wicked cool.

I hope they give her extra throwing stars as well.

Some possible weapons:
push knife/dagger
Garrote
long knife
small sword attached to her quiver
an assortment of trick arrows
crossbow
She also used explosive devices hence the one on her leg in the card art.
Walther ppk
Bolas (weighted)

Last edited:
this is my hopefully final on Scarlett for my own custom. I am getting a sculpted head with sculpted hair so I will have two sculpts for my figure.
1000859_10200209178902708_1529233236_n.jpg

1001713_10200209173622576_1916117444_n.jpg

thank you

Im much happier with a collar that is ribbed like she had it. the phecen body helps hold poses a a lot better and has slim feminine knees the only part that is original is her tan body suit the rest I re did

Sideshow should hire me this is like my 8th Scarlett and with better weapons made by some of the sculpting guys there we could have a top seller. I know it will be a sculpted head but it's worth at least seeing what a rooted looks like.

Sideshow should hire me this is like my 8th Scarlett and with better weapons made by some of the sculpting guys there we could have a top seller. I know it will be a sculpted head but it's worth at least seeing what a rooted looks like.
--

:lol

:rotfl

:slap

Should that happen . . . then the end of the line is absolutely, positively, & undeniably guaranteed without a doubt or hesitation . . . period.

--

:lol

:rotfl

:slap

Should that happen . . . then the end of the line is absolutely, positively, & undeniably guaranteed without a doubt or hesitation . . . period.

are you always this snotty let's see your Scarlett then, put your money where your mouth is delta. all I ever here is quips from you and nothing for show for it.

so how are sales with those new 3 bodies for Triad coming are people busting down the doors to buy them

I have sold 8 Scarlett's already. with the equipment and stuff from sideshow I could bust out an even better Scarlett.

I think You only really comment on other people's customs I have yet to see anything you do or have done. So unless your customizing delta put up or shut up. Because if I was hired for Scarlett it would only be probably certain parts since weapons, gear and head would be don't by different depts. Many hats finish one figure delta.

So the real question delta what is it you do besides leave snotty remarks on peoples pages, oh yes I have seen some of your stuff on other peoples pages, I don't say anything I figure it's that persons show since they have their own thread, But before you insult someone lets see your customs you made yourself by hand, sewn everything not just bought clothes thrown on a figure and call it a bash. It's more involved than that.

I know you don't like me we have had words before, but I cant take anything you say as valid because you don't do anything but comment

I have seen great stuff from ski,darkness,evil, and a few others and I may not agree with everthing they say but I respect their opinion because there usually isn't mal intent behind it. and I have commented on there stuff usually positive I have rarely said to much bad, I usually leave some suggestions if it could be better. But never something like you left. you and someone else im leaving nameless need to learn tact.

Last edited:
are you always this snotty let's see your Scarlett then, put your money where your mouth is delta. all I ever here is quips from you and nothing for show for it.
--

I find your "boastfulness" to be very off putting. You do have a certain skill/talent and flair, but to say Sideshow should hire you? Quite frankly that is major egotism. There are a handful of customizers within this section let alone this forum who have the proven credibility and skill to be considered by Sideshow, but you're not one of them at this time.

I am no customizer and I never claimed to be a customizer. If you're doing well actually selling your one off customs, then more power to you.

As your skill/talent further develops and improves over time, then we'll see.

so how are sales with those new 3 bodies for Triad coming are people busting down the doors to buy them
--

How the should I know? I don't keep in contact with them let alone support them anymore. Why don't you contact them and take credit for supposed changes/improvements just because you told them by taking credit for it? This is another off putting thing I found very distasteful about you from a previous post, but I digress.

I have sold 8 Scarlett's already. with the equipment and stuff from sideshow I could bust out an even better Scarlett.
--

Well more power & $ to you then. I'll either eventually get around to assembling an updated version of Scarlett myself or wait for Sideshow to eventually release her, but until then you keep at it, but try to be a humble about it.

I'm not posting this out of being mean or spiteful, but again . . . I find some your previous comments to be outright boastful and off putting given the output that IMHO don't match up, but I digress.

The day your caliber of 1:6 output meets or exceeds others who have the credibility & respect to say Sideshow should indeed hire them . . . is the day I'm sure others and myself are looking forward to, until then keep at it without being boastful.

I'm sorry if I seem boastful but, I am worried that Scarlett might not be cool I have mixed feelings with baroness and I actually know Scarlett I devoured every comic I could find of her.

I don't care to much for her current look, kinda sucks and it might actually end up looking like her which defenantly means I'm just buying gear.

Id be making more Scarlet's just no crossbows, people asking outlandish prices for the ones out there.

I am humbled when I look at my pieces, I give them the most credit I can. I mainly say I want to work for sideshow because im afraid of what we might get and if I got in I think we could get a good scarlett because I'd fight tooth and nail for her so she didn't end up like hawk and some of the other yawn ones that did come out.

just about every complaint I have seen from everyone on SSC versions and others but I don't always respond because they just stated something I noticed weeks ago. even on my own stuff, Personally I hate making her boots Id love a plastic mold boot with just alittle heel Im sick to death of remaking them.

I'm happy with mine, and will be getting a sculpted head soon.

So if you think im an egoist so be it, that just means im driven, im even designing patterns to use less seams so I can cut sewing time down and get the close to the body looks with less bulk.

I thought with what I have done could cut time in half for SSC and produce Scarlett faster

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I seem boastful but, I am worried that Scarlett might not be cool I have mixed feelings with baroness and I actually know Scarlett I devoured every comic I could find of her.

I don't care to much for her current look, kinda sucks and it might actually end up looking like her which defenantly means I'm just buying gear.

Id be making more Scarlet's just no crossbows, people asking outlandish prices for the ones out there.

I am humbled when I look at my pieces, I give them the most credit I can. I mainly say I want to work for sideshow because im afraid of what we might get and if I got in I think we could get a good scarlett because I'd fight tooth and nail for her so she didn't end up like hawk and some of the other yawn ones that did come out.

just about every complaint I have seen from everyone but I don't always respond because they just stated something I noticed weeks ago. Personally I hate making her boots Id love a plastic mold boot with just alittle heel Im sick to death of remaking them.

I'm happy with mine, and will be getting a sculpted head soon.

So if you think im an egoist so be it, that just means im driven, im even designing patterns to use less seams so I can cut sewing time down and get the close to the body looks with less bulk.
--

Groovy34:

Take the criticisms including mine and make it drive you to create better/superior versions, but always remain "grounded" however difficult that can be for some.

I left you some comments on your Cover Girl in the other thread.

I saw and that color of blonde never stays that color. oxygen has an interesting reaction to saran hair, very few people know that what you have one year may look completely different the next and this Malibu blonde darkens with oxygen. It's beyond weird how fast that goes from light to dark gold.

Back