Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Could just be nothing... but... this facebook group thinks there's a decent shot of a Dredd sequel thanks to an "unnamed" industry executive.

"For anyone who missed the SEQUEL news yesterday:
An industry executive who chose to remain nameless sent the page this message yesterday:

"DNA will know in the next few weeks whether the important DVD/Blu-ray sales have boosted the overall profits on the movie enough to consider a sequel. Tell everyone to start their letter writing and sharing of the film in earnest as this could be the last chance for a number of years or never!"

You heard it everyone, this could be the last chance! Let's make DREDD #1 in the UK and the USA! Since the news broke yesterday, Dredd moved up to #4 in the UK and #33 in the USA! If you've bought your copy then great but if you haven't and you are on this site, if not now then when?? Help the cause! I'll be posting updates on the sales throughout the day/week. Let's show them how much we want this!"

Nice find TotalDomin - hope this happens of course. Wouldn't Tin's Dredd look awesome standing aside Dredd 3D and "Dredd 3D2" posters or DVDs?

That's a good sign. I remember reading a while back that Dredd was killing it on DVD. It was the number one title bought and rented for a while after it was released. A lot of people discovered that the movie is awesome when it came out on DVD.

Hi tinister, how are you? It is better? And do you have any updates? ;)

Hi guys -

This is a an update on the Dredd 3D project. I've also emailed this to everyone on the pre-order list. I apologize for the scarcity of updates, but as all of you know - I've been juggling a lot of heavy issues lately.

Here is some details on my progress so far:

1) I've got casts made of all of the various "hard" components of Dredd's suit made. There are 20 individual pieces. And all have been quality checked and a handful have been painted.
2) I've got all the leather patterns cut for Dredd's suit. And also a handful assembled.
3) The unhelmeted Urban head is about 90% done. I'm super picky when it comes to headsculpts and it's been really hard to concentrate with everything going on.
So I've given myself a little more time on it before it goes to cast.
4) Two items that presented some issues in production - I'll need more time to figure out the best way to mass produce: The Lawgiver Holster and Concussion Bomb Dispenser.
The worst case scenario I can just make them as sculpted pieces, but they wouldn't look as nicely scaled as the look now. Let me wrestle with it some more.
5) The Chinese company that I had ordered boxes from ended up completely flaking on me with the pricing they originally quoted for 50 boxes. So after some back and forth
I've finally gotten a refund and pursuing another option. Fortunately - Alicia and I actually found a better option about 4 weeks ago and are in the process of securing a quantity
for this project. This new box is slightly more expensive, but the good thing is that the distributor is in the US (the manufacturing is done in Taiwan). Unlike the previous provider
who both produces and distributes from China. So I'm anticipating a smoother transaction once we get the cost etc. worked out.
6) I've designed all the print inserts - including COA certificate. They're pretty ready to go once I'm ready to ship. I also designed separate but matching COA labels for the boxes so that
it will share the same serial number as the figure inside.
7) Foam inserts are all ready to go.

So as you can see - I'm making steady progress. If it weren't for the boxes, and the holster and bomb dispenser issue - I'd be shipping a few by now. But as Alicia and I are scheduled
to fly to Vietnam in two days - I'll have to get back to it when we get back at the beginning of September. We're actually meeting up with the box manufacture in Taiwan on the return leg of
our trip to work out some details so if all goes well - I might have a deal for the boxes by the time I return. These boxes are so nice - sturdy with wrap-around flaps with magnetic tabs.

And as an update on Alicia. She's been getting regular radiation treatment for the past 3 months or so. She's a tiny thing so they hit her system pretty rough, but we've been told that
chemo would be even worse. So other than a couple of scary fainting spells - she's doing a good as can be hoped. I'm hoping spending some time with her family in Vietnam will do her some
good. And to be honest - I need a break myself. The past few months have just been a mad dash to keep treatment appointments and trying to keep ahead of the medical bills.

She told me a couple weekends ago that she felt bad that I have been keeping you guys on hold for a while regarding this Dredd project. I told her that I've been blessed to have a group of
the most understanding and patient guys with this project. I basically adopted the policy I've had for my custom work - the flexible payment, etc. - just for these types of scenarios. But
none of it would work if I had a bunch of hard nosed guys who only care about getting their stuff. And you guys have all been super supportive about that. I really really appreciate it - from
both mine and Alicia's hearts.

Next update will come in roughly a month - and then things will shift gears and we'll see some sets ready to ship. I will have some access to email while away so please feel free to email me
if you have any questions or concerns. ([email protected])

I'm not sure if I can even access the site from Vietnam yet. They block some sites - so emailing is a better bet.

Thanks guys for hanging in there with me.

Tin

Tin thanks for the big update! Best wishes to you and Alicia while traveling / being with family!

Thanks for the update and best wishes to you and Alicia. ;)

don't worry buddy...hope she feels better...you are a good man to stand by her!!...:)

can't wait to see this guy up on my shelves!!..:)

Thanks for the update. So glad I preordered this one.

Hello tin,
hope everything is going well for you and Alicia :)
Have any news for us?
Thanks mate

Hey guys. Don't panic. I'm back.

I actually got back about 2 weeks ago, but as always the case when I travel - I caught a bad flu and to top it off I came back to some really bad news. A childhood friend of mine since the 7th grade passed away the very weekend that I got back. And under mysterious circumstances. I was devastated.

Manny and I were like brothers - he, myself, and our other friend Shawn. The guy basically taught me everything I know about sports. Both how to play them - and in some cases even how the game is played.

They found him unconscious in Union Square on a early Saturday morning - with a fractured skull. He was brought to the hospital as a John Doe because he was missing his wallet and ID. And the most terrible thing is that his own mother - a woman I consider a second mother to me growing up - found out about it from seeing the pictures SFPD had to post on the news to help identify him. I've seen those pictures and I can't get them out of my head. He was barely recognizable through his injuries. I can't begin to imagine being his mom and seeing that on the news.

The bunch of us old friends attended the services for him two weeks ago and I'm still struggling to get over the loss.

REST IN PEACE MANNY.

Sorry for your loss. One can never be ready for such a tragedy. My thoughts are with you and the family. RIP.

Damn, I'm extremely saddened to hear that. Hope you get some positive news about anything soon Tin. :(

And don't worry no one is panicking, just wanted to know if everything was ok for you.

Sorry for your loss mate.
Hope the case gets less muddy so family and friends can have closure.

I have only just found this thread to day.

WOW! Just WOW!

After following the wonderful artwork, the design, tests, fabrication and assembly, to see it all come together so brilliantly...all to see life take a good hard swing at your vitals.

There are no words that can really be said, except that even a new person to this thread sends his best wishes to you and yours. My only consolation to offer you is that my mother-in-law (an older lady obviously) had Stage 1 breast cancer but after treatment is now 100% recovered so...

And my deepest sympathy for the loss of your friend. A close friend is like family, so you do feel the loss of family.

I showed my wife this thread and she was dumbstruck by the amount of work you have done...now, we send you our best hopes and wished.

Daron & Sharon Woodward
Warwick
UK

Thank you DGTWoodward. I'm touched by your words. I'm happy that your mother-in-law made a full recovery. All signs are indicating that Alicia will also pull through fine. She was only undergoing radiation therapy and not chemo -thank goodness. But she's a tiny little thing and even the radiation was effecting her physically.

She was taken off the radiation recently and she has some follow-up procedures schedule for the rest of this month. And we're holding our breath that she is given the all-clear at the end of the month.

Thank you again to you and your wife from Alicia and I :)

Tin

Sorry for your loss. One can never be ready for such a tragedy. My thoughts are with you and the family. RIP.

Damn, I'm extremely saddened to hear that. Hope you get some positive news about anything soon Tin. :(

And don't worry no one is panicking, just wanted to know if everything was ok for you.

Sorry for your loss mate.
Hope the case gets less muddy so family and friends can have closure.

Thanks as always guys. I wasn't prepared for it. The last time I saw Manny - we had sort of a falling out over something that now seems so trivial. I always intended that at some point we would meet up with some other friends and have a drink and move beyond the past. But the next I know - I'm pallbearer at his funeral.

When you're 13 - you feel invincible. And as you grow older - you lose that feeling. But in my mind - I still considered my childhood friend as invincible. That he'd always be there. But not the case. It was a shock to my system.

I'll have an update on Dredd very soon for you guys. Things are definitely starting to settle down at last. Tin

Hey Tin, any news? It's been quite a while. Thanks

Hi Queromarvel. Yes it has. A couple others have inquired for an update. I will be sending out a report this weekend. Going out to the PO mailing group from my gmail. Some good news to report. Keep an eye out. Tin

Back