Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Hey guys. So things are finally settling down. Not to get into too much details, but my girlfriend has decided to movie back to be with her family for a eight months to a year - while she undergoes treatment. Although I initially was against this idea simply for what I realize now was selfish reasons - I'm now seeing it as the best option for her. She has a larger support system with her family. While here - she only has me.

So our relationship is sort of on hold for now. The most important thing is that she gets treatment and recovers. Where it goes from there between her and I is secondary. I will still be helping her in every way possible from here.

As an update on Dredd: all of the materials have come in. I was a little worried about having enough lambskin hide for a bit there, but just this week - the seller was able to provide some more I have plenty now. And this lot is slightly thicker than the leather I used on the prototype - which is good.

I've ordered nice boxes that should be arriving in mid-June. Just in time.

Looks like I will have from 6 to 8 Dredds available to ship at the end of June. Now that things have resolved itself a great deal - I'm looking forward to focusing on Dredd this month.

Thanks again guys.
Tin

Good to hear from you Tin! Prayers heading your way my brother! Family first! All will be well at the end :1-1:

Hope she recovers fast! Thanks tinister for taking the time to still keep us updated throughout your ordeal. It's been a lousy day for me as I've been helping clean up a neighborhood after a tornado, but this is welcome news about Dredd!

Tin - thanks for the update and against best wishes to both of you through this difficult time.

hey tin, i wish your girl and you all the best...i will include her in my prayers....:wave

Hope she recovers fast! Thanks tinister for taking the time to still keep us updated throughout your ordeal. It's been a lousy day for me as I've been helping clean up a neighborhood after a tornado, but this is welcome news about Dredd!

Man. I've been really out of the loop regarding current events. I just looked on Yahoo news. I hope everything is okay on your end :panic:

When I was living in Texas as a child - we experienced a few hurricanes, but never a tornado.

Best wishes for you and yours TotalDominAsian.

Thank you guys for all your support. Things looked pretty dark, but I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel now :1-1:

Man. I've been really out of the loop regarding current events. I just looked on Yahoo news. I hope everything is okay on your end :panic:

When I was living in Texas as a child - we experienced a few hurricanes, but never a tornado.

Best wishes for you and yours TotalDominAsian.

Thank you Tin. And ya, it's a pretty life changing experience to see all that destruction. Makes one put stuff into perspective better.

It never got that bad for my family when we were in Texas. We had to move everything up to the top floor and tape up all the windows. Then we retreated inland to Austin for a couple nights. But none of the hurricanes that hit the gulf while we were there had any strength. Definitely not like Katrina category.

I watched some video coverage of the Oklahoma tornado strikes last night. It's devastating. Truly - my best wishes for you and your family.

I found a provider for custom foam inserts. Spent the day using their online tools to create an insert that I can use for Dredd and all my upcoming figures. I'm haggling with them to get the price down to a reasonable rate.

In the past - I've used the pluck and play gridded foam inserts, but never liked the results.

Here's a rough mock using their tools.
insert2.jpg

You are leaving no stone unturned! This is going to be epic!!!:clap:clap

:bow:bow:bow

You are leaving no stone unturned! This is going to be epic!!!:clap:clap

:bow:bow:bow

These inserts are designed to go with these awesome custom boxes I ordered. Wait till you see those - I don't want to spoil it and reveal now. The COA will be something a little special too. That center square on the insert is for the COA. :wink1:

What are the other holes for? :)

The oval of course is for the un-helmeted HS. The two smaller squares are for any additional accessories. For Dredd it will hold the bonus gas mask and the gun/holster. The slim slot next to the COA slot will be for the bonus baton. And the large square slot below is for the display stand.

I'm still working on it because I want this insert be of general purpose since I will be making a bulk order to save money. I plan to use it with other upcoming figures too.

Thanks guys. I'm getting pretty excited as everything starts to come together. It feels good after such a stressful month.

Back