Custom Bossk-just beginning...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, update time! The first half of the head mold is poured. I'll know tomorrow how it turned out. 'Might even manage a pic or 2, though why anyone would be interested in pics of a mold is beyond me...PS

Hey , face it Wax Murderer , we're grown men who spend a lot of time fiddling about with tiny bits of fictitious men/aliens/robots . A picture of a mold is probably the highlight of most of our days !:lol

Hey , face it Wax Murderer , we're grown men who spend a lot of time fiddling about with tiny bits of fictitious men/aliens/robots . A picture of a mold is probably the highlight of most of our days !:lol

:goodpost:Thats the funniest thing I have heard all week, and its completely true.:rotfl

T-God....:exactly:....:rotfl

*chants*LET US SEE THE MOLD.....LET US SEE THE MOLD.....LET US SEE THE MOLD......LET US SEE THE MOLD....*chants*

In unison now....

*chants*LET US SEE THE MOLD.....LET US SEE THE MOLD.....LET US SEE THE MOLD......LET US SEE THE MOLD....*chants*

:rotfl

Pictures speak a thousand words, they communicate, stimulate, inspire, they help relate, understand, they make us think, they motivate, they broaden minds, expand worlds and universes... ow and they look pretty to.

so why would we want to see a picture of the mould.... what is this forum you belong to called Wax... side show FREAKS!!! remember LOL

i know i'm always fascinated by the process of you talented people on this board. and quite inspired as well. post it up.....:lecture

This is getting very disturbing, but I'll try to fill the request. The mold, by the way, has now been fully poured and has cured nicely. I expect to try it out this weekend(thank Gahd for holidays!).Looks good so far...PS

Update time! Had a few health problems that have kept me out of the studio, but I finally managed to test the head mold. The first pour could politely be described as a minor disaster, but the fault lay not in the mold, but the 8 year old rezin, which seemed rather reluctant to cure fully. A second attempt, using equally old but pro quality urethane produced a much better result. My pour method seems viable; now I just have to get some decent material(yes, I know, this is becoming a theme with me). Ideally, I need something with about a 6 minute cure time, so that I have time to work it into all those little teeth. Pix to follow...PS

Thanks. July has not been my month, first I get a case of colitis that put me in the hospital for 2 days, then I get out and promptly blow out both knees! I'm back on my feet now, more or less, and ready to get back to my various projects, though I think I need to deal with my work bench first. Can't see the top of it any more...PS

Okay, a few pix...
DSCN1451.jpg

The mold, with the first successful cast
DSCN1452.jpg

A closer look at #2(#1 was unsalvageable due to failure to cure properly)
DSCN1453.jpg

An even closer look; note all the unfilled teeth, a problem I'm working on...
DSCN1454.jpg
DSCN1455.jpg

With the jaw in place. Not a bad effort, all things considered, though there are still a few bugs to work out...PS

looks cool - im sure some of these casting fiends will be able to advise - but looks like youre pretty well there chap

Great work Waxy!

Yeah you can't really get airbubbles in the teeth, you just get no teeth at all! :lol

I haven't had a single cast without at least one large airbubble, they're so hard to avoid! But you got your molds set up very well, and you seem to have managed a near perfect cast!

Can't wait to see that bad-boy on a body!

Back