Custom Bossk-just beginning...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, with all the hours you put into this and material costs I'm sure you've spent a great deal. Hopefully the satisfaction of a kickass Bossk is reward enough.

Sure looks better than a reworked Hasbro figure :lecture

Not really...customs can get expensive...PS

yeah but it's a hobby right? I know customs can snowball into big expensive projects. I think yours is a great looking figure.

My comment was more of a compliment "You've saved yourself over $100 by making your own." Meaning you don't need SSC to have a great looking figure.

this particular custom would probably run you anywhere from 85-100+ depending on how much you can obtain the hasbro bossk & if you do the paint yourself or hire it done. the various bit would be a minimum amount. but yea there is something cool about doing your own. though i do want to snag that ssc bossk vest when/if he's parted out. i could see that fetching some bucks by itself.

And 2 years pass...Thanks to Toy Anxiety, my custom Bossk gets a uniform upgrade,allowing me to dispense with the Hasbro suit(into storage it goes).A few tweaks were needed to get the figure and the new suit to harmonize, but everything is working together pretty well. A more detailed report(with pix) to follow...PS

As promised,pix and details...

Fitting my custom into the SSC suit required a bit of futzing;among other challenges,the SSC collar is designed around a removable head(which my custom did not have at the time).The SSC figure also has more slender forearms than mine...

From the back.The Sideshow suit is generally better fabric,much better sewn, and has a flexible hose(I was using the solid hose from the GG Bust-up).The various loops on the Sideshow suit are wire;mine are plastic cord(not really an issue for me)...
Getting the suit onto my custom required a little "selective de-construction";I had to remove his head and forearms.The forearms came off relatively easily;his noggin took a bit mores work.Fortunately, my fit was tight enough that the head went back on pretty tight...

I have since learned that the Sideshow version has a padded under-suit(which I don't get, as Allan Harris is a very slim guy).I also realized that my custom is now 75% Sideshow, since his body is a Buck with minor mods to accommodate the head, arms and feet.My custom is heavier in the arms and legs than the SSC, but more slender in the torso.
I now consider him finished, and he's back on the shelf with Boba and Boush. Guess I need to think about another bounty hunter(preferably with a name that doesn't begin with a "B")...PS

Looks great. The GG head sculpt is really nice with the red around the eyes. You've got a unique Bossk that is as good as the SS version IMHO. :hi5:

Nice custom man! :duff

I like that head, it's a much better sculpt than the SSC one - & the eyes are better too.

Are you leaving the paint as is, or going over the head, arms & feet?

The head and arms are essentially recasts;the original GGpieces are cold cast porcelain,which I don't like working with.As such,I did a bit of re-sculpting,making small adjustments to make things go together better, such as lengthening and detailing the neck,separating the jaw and straightening the arms(which have quite a curve on the original pieces). The lower legs and feet are entirely my own work, based on the latest 3 3/4"Hasbro version.The paint job is also my own work;go back through the thread and you can see the progress of the figure from beginning to end, including the mold set-ups,suit evolution and details.And yes,I kept the molds...PS

Proof that custom figures are never really finished;after a bit of futzting I've gone ahead and ordered the padded under-suit from the SST figure.Getting it onto my figure should be an interesting operation...PS

And it was.The suit arrived from Toy Anxiety in 2DAYS!(from Arizona,no less).Took about 40 minutes to get the uniform off the figure(along with his head,hands and feet)pull on the under-suit and get everything back together.The difference isn't hugely obvious,but I notice it;a little less lean,a bit less taper. I'm satisfied...PS

Can't find my Leia thread,so I'll post these here...

This is my own sculpt,based on the SSC "Boush"sculpt grafted to the GG Bust-Up. Have done 3 test shots.casts look good;just need to match color with the early Phicen I'm using. She will be available to those who are interested...PS

Back