Custom Bossk-just beginning...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, last night I removed the ribbed collar from the neck; got a pretty clean separation, all things considered. Still haven't decided if I'll try to remove the jaw; to do so seems like it'll create a whole raft of air traps(like, every tooth). I'm planning to order some more rubber next week. You blokes better be serious about wanting castings;this is getting expensive!...PS

yes , im in as well..............anymore wip pics?..:monkey5

Time for the semi-weekly update...
After much thought, I decided to remove the jaw, mostly just to see how tight it was. After about 10 minutes grinding with my trusty Dremel it popped right off. Here's where it stands at present...
DSCN0491.jpg
DSCN0492.jpg

Dig the warts on the tongue and palette!
Tonight I'll recreate the socket with wax, and lengthen the neck. I figure that it's better to have a bit of extra meat than come up short...PS

Well, we can't have that...UPDATE!
Since our last episode, I've re-sculpted(and lengthened) the neck and jaw socket. Without further ado...
DSCN0547.jpg
DSCN0553.jpg

The modified head and neck,in wax,with the jaw in place;.................................................The re-created jaw socket...
DSCN0558.jpg
DSCN0559-1.jpg

A closer shot of the connection;note the tight detail, which is easily done with the wax;...............Front view; nice teeth!
I think I've hit on a trick to get the teeth to cast properly, without any air traps, but I haven't tested it yet. Hopefully, this week. For this kind of work, wax is clearly the best material, as it holds fine detail extremely well and is easy to modify as needed. Onward!...PS

Thanks. Actually, the scales make it a bit easier to get a good blend. Much more challenging to get a clean transition with a smooth surface...PS

very nice work. do you have any idea yet as to how many you will make & price & so forth???

Haven't really thought about the price too much, but I'll try to keep it reasonable. As to how many... I'll try to meet the demand while the molds are useable...PS

Back