Custom Bossk-just beginning...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for a quick update...Casting rubber arrived today(damn, that was fast!);have poured first halves on the left arm and gun(rt. arm already poured). Will pour 2nd halves Fri. or Sat...PS

Second halves poured. Tomorrow or Tues. I'll open 'em up and see how they look. I've decided that I need to focus on a section at a time, and, as the arms are what I've got molded...
One problem I'm thinking on is the"hands bigger than the sleeves" issue, but I think I've got it knocked...PS

Will you be making the arms and wrist posable? Also can we see a side by side shots of the GG and Hasbro heads? I thought the Hasbro one was pretty decent.

Gave the arm molds a trial pour tonight(2, actually). A few air bubbles and the tips of the claws failed to fill. Not too bad, considering that the resin I used is positively elderly(6+ years). I'll give it another try, under more controlled conditions and with fresher resin this weekend.

I'm not planning on trying to articulate the wrists, though I am trying to do something with the ankles. I'll try to take a side by side of the 2 heads this weekend as well...PS

Okay, time for an update and request granting.
Arm molds with first pours...
DSCN0329.jpg

The arm pattern and the first pour; I've heated the casting to straighten it a bit, as that curve bugs me...
DSCN0330.jpg

The GG gun compared to the Hasblo(like a '63 Vette next to a Vega)
DSCN0328.jpg

And finally, the requested comparison between the GG and Hasblo heads...
DSCN0325.jpg

DSCN0326.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

As you can see, the GG head is both a better sculpt(by light-years) and in better proportion to the figure. I can also create a better neck joint using the GG head.
I'm beginning to think it might be more cost-effective to use the GG parts for the figure and just buy another bust; they seem to be all over Ebay now. Still, I have gotten requests for casts of the head when it's been molded, so...PS

that looks awesome as hell.....:banana

let us know what a set would include & how much. i am very interested.

Looking good so far.I'd be very interested in the castings as well. I did one a bit back too using Hasbro parts but it didn't come out to well. I'd like to give it a shot and take it up a notch, or 10. Thanks

Looks great... I just finished my conversion, but just used the Hasbro parts. Came out nice... but yours will be awesome :rock

Just snagged a second Mini-Bust on Ebay, so now I don't have to be quite so careful with casting the first one. I'll still make the rest of the molds; to do otherwise might be hazardous to my health...PS

I'm not sure what they're made from. It seems to be a very hard resin,almost like cold-cast porcelain, though it can be reformed gently with heat(as in boiling water)...PS

True. The detail piece on the chest and cables attached to it seem to be white metal.The gun strap is leatherette. As to the polystone, it does seem a bit brittle. Anyone ever work with it? Is it likely to shatter under stress(like, say, from dremeling)?...PS

Back