Custom Batman The Dark Knight 1/6 Batsuit/armory Cage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or maybe you shouldn't complain about others who complain.....ever think about that?

or it could be said that 1mod6 should never have posted the item in question.

AMAZING the way humans are always trying to silence each other for the sake of what they feel are noble reasons. Its a public forum people! Here's an analogy: if your shy & sensitive about the size of your manhood, THEN DON'T take part when the frat house guys get loaded & wip theirs out & start comparing.

If you put it out their in life, don't get bent out of shape if you don't get the feedback you were hoping for.

That would be stingy. I'm glad he shared it on this forum.

His work shows true craftsmanship unlike the last creator. Now, I'm in no way dissing the last creator that attempted this that went for $250? but everything so far looks quite perfect of this model. No bent bits. Everything looks like what a professional would have built it.

I can see 1mod's model being worth the money. I know I wont be buying it because I know it'll be way out of my price range for something so limited and very few made. This isn't some cheap looking cardboard thing. Not only that I wouldn't even dare ask how much as I can guarantee it'll be way out of my price range. I can really appreciate why it'll cost that because the amount of time he's spent building it.

That would be stingy. I'm glad he shared it on this forum.

His work shows true craftsmanship unlike the last creator. Now, I'm in no way dissing the last creator that attempted this that went for $250? but everything so far looks quite perfect of this model. No bent bits. Everything looks like what a professional would have built it.

I can see 1mod's model being worth the money. I know I wont be buying it because I know it'll be way out of my price range for something so limited and very few made. This isn't some cheap looking cardboard thing. Not only that I wouldn't even dare ask how much as I can guarantee it'll be way out of my price range. I can really appreciate why it'll cost that because the amount of time he's spent building it.

I'm very glad he shared it with us to. When I made that comment, it was ment to bring context & perspective to my argument. Even if dude never sell a single one I'm glade he posted a very cool collectable.

You really have to put yourself in the artist's shoes to understand why he charges so much to make one. In the real world if you're as good at your profession as he is making these, you're probably making at least $40 an hour(at least). If you estimate how much work this involves to put together minus the cost of the material, $700 pretty much covers the labor. Honestly why should he even get out of bed for you if you're not gonna cover that cost? When you work for close to 20 hours, how much do you get paid?

I think we're all just too used to living in a world where everything is made in China, this thing might cost you $300 if it were made in a Chinese sweatshop factory where they have access to cheap machines and where they pay the kids ten bucks for the labor. But that's obviously not the case here.

You really have to put yourself in the artist's shoes to understand why he charges so much to make one. In the real world if you're as good at your profession as he is making these, you're probably making at least $40 an hour(at least). If you estimate how much work this involves to put together minus the cost of the material, $700 pretty much covers the labor. Honestly why should he even get out of bed for you if you're not gonna cover that cost? When you work for close to 20 hours, how much do you get paid?

Why are some of you insisting it's going to be $700? For all we know he might be charging $400... or $1400. :dunno

No one said that its GOING TO COST $700. That amount was only put out these by some one who knew how much one of 1mod6's Bat signals cost as a best guess. & once again I must point out that I never said that he SHOULD NOT charge that amount or higher. I only stated what I felt the custom was worth.

IMO the artist clearly needs to work out just where he is going with this business of making customs. It would seem that dude is about to learn his 1st major lesson when dealing with the public. If your gonna keep this a part time hobby that you do to turn an occasional profit, then getting backers & all of what not might not be the best thing to do. I'm just saying.....If I was one of dude's backers I would want MAXIUM PROFIT for the capital I sink in. "Getting out of bed" or the lack there of is soimply not an option when big money is on the line!

And lets face it people....thats always been the worst part of commissioning an artist......EMOTIONAL UNSTEADINESS, SLOTH, & POOR HANDELING OF MONEY. Now if 1mod6 want to charge $700 or higher its his American right to do so. But I nor many other member will be paying that price.

but if he wants to come down to a more reasonable price (that is assuming his price was high to start), then his in box will over flow. How many a day can be made? How much is the production cost? If the need arises that he quit his job to keep up with demand, how much will he be sacrificeing in earned wages vs his profit margin of making armorys full time.

These are all the things 1mod6 will have to take into account before desiding to "go public" (so to speak) with his enterprise. The stark reality is, no business, (no matter how well planed out) is a slam dunk gold mine. There is a fair amount of gamble & risk involved. But just like any good game in Vagas, isn't that when the game starts to get interesting? To quote Galaxy Rangers, "NO GUTS NO GLORY"!

I wish you the best of luck!!

That's really just the bane of the whole freelance and commissioning thing, the average person just won't be willing to pay that amount, but most of the time that's really how much it cost to make something yourself without the help of factories and machines to mass produce, and without major discount for the material cost that big companies have.

In a "normal" scenario a company hires an artist and pays his paycheck, in this case lets say $500 for the bat signal. It then gets mass produced and they sell them for lets say $150 per copy, in which case you as a consumer buys a bat signal for $150 and you're a happy camper with no complains, right? Well take out the company and factory and now you're directly paying the artist's paycheck plus non discounted material cost from Blick's Art Supply, which comes out to be roughly $700 per bat signal, that's why it cost so much to commission someone directly. It always has and always will be.

If you ask how much the Bat Armory is worth to the buyers, it's probably worth around $300. But how much it cost to make something like that yourself by hand? At least two to three times that amount. So the artist is basically stuck either selling it for a high enough price where he's well compensated for his time and effort while risk having extremely low sales, or he can low-ball himself til he's basically doing minimum wage labor just to make sure it meets the buyers' demands. Any smart person would rather be well compensated then to work minimum wage just to fill all orders.

Without the company and factory dealing with the sales there is no way one person can meet both ends. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation, if it weren't everyone would work for themselves and compete with big companies at an even level, which is not at all the case. Basically if you image Hot Toys releasing a Batsuit Armory that sells for $300, commissioning an artist would cost at least double to triple that just for the labor.

This is all assuming 1mod6 isn't "high-balling" us in the first place :D

And sorry to derail the whole topic. Excellent piece, just wish I were rich enough to afford it ;)

Last edited:
This has been going on for a few pages now, and some people can't take a hint (or read). So let me clarify; I didn't post this here to discus price or what I should/shouldn't do. I post here simply to share my work and bring a little joy to fellow collectors/customizers/TDK-fans and also do my part in giving back to this community.
And I would appreciate people show Darklord Dave a little more respect. It's a public forum indeed, but if it wasn't for him, none of us would be here.

Edit: Just saw your reply Theokan. :lol no I'm not "high-balling". Your analysis is more close to the real world scenario.

Last edited:
Where did you get the LED bulbs from? I assume they are the same as the 1/6 Batmobile and Bat-Pod...

or maybe you shouldn't complain about others who complain.....ever think about that?

AMAZING the way humans are always trying to silence each other for the sake of what they feel are noble reasons. Its a public forum people! Here's an analogy: if your shy & sensitive about the size of your manhood, THEN DON'T take part when the frat house guys get loaded & wip theirs out & start comparing.

If you put it out their in life, don't get bent out of shape if you don't get the feedback you were hoping for.

This is a public forum you are indeed correct. However providing an analogy that barely fits the actual situation is rather pointless. Nobody is denying that this is a public forum but please act like it is an actual public area. How about a better analogy I highly doubt you would go up to an actor or artist in a comic tradeshow with all your fellow collectors surrounding you and you scream out in their face that they should be charging only so and so for a signature or drawing. Any normal person would just move on.
So what is the real difference? You are making only statements in this nature not because this medium being public but rather you being able to make it anonymously and therefor it is ok for you to act without any respect and before you say I quote you out of context here are the highlights. Now I think I was able to still make my statements in a respectful manner but it may still sting

look, I know every thing is hand made & all. But $700.00 for this is crazy! As wicked cool as the thing is, all it really is, is a couple of pole with lots of lil swing arms attached to them & sandwiched between two custom faux concrete slabs. I do agree the ele work requires more attention, but its not rocket science. What lil boy didn't attach some kind of light or generator to a battery as a science project in school?

Look, lets just be real about the whole thing. The meterials & labor are NOT whats driving up the price on a custom like this. The artis wants to be paid for his rendering. & thats cool I can mos def respect that! But just don't piss on my leg & tell me its raining. The artis is good at doing some thing & want to make money doing it, plain & simple.

But I would remind the artist of a lil lesson in economy class i learned a while back.........VOLUME PRICING! Just putting it out there. WAAAAAAAYYY more people can afford a $300.00 custom rather than a $700.00 Food for thought :lecture

no......I was not mistaken about which item you said is $700.00. Its still my argument that while this like any custom requires talent & time, its still no where justifying it at $700 or over.

IMHO.....$350 TOPS!

No one said that its GOING TO COST $700. That amount was only put out these by some one who knew how much one of 1mod6's Bat signals cost as a best guess. & once again I must point out that I never said that he SHOULD NOT charge that amount or higher. I only stated what I felt the custom was worth.

IMO the artist clearly needs to work out just where he is going with this business of making customs. It would seem that dude is about to learn his 1st major lesson when dealing with the public. If your gonna keep this a part time hobby that you do to turn an occasional profit, then getting backers & all of what not might not be the best thing to do. I'm just saying.....If I was one of dude's backers I would want MAXIUM PROFIT for the capital I sink in. "Getting out of bed" or the lack there of is soimply not an option when big money is on the line!

And lets face it people....thats always been the worst part of commissioning an artist......EMOTIONAL UNSTEADINESS, SLOTH, & POOR HANDELING OF MONEY. Now if 1mod6 want to charge $700 or higher its his American right to do so. But I nor many other member will be paying that price.

but if he wants to come down to a more reasonable price (that is assuming his price was high to start), then his in box will over flow. How many a day can be made? How much is the production cost? If the need arises that he quit his job to keep up with demand, how much will he be sacrificeing in earned wages vs his profit margin of making armorys full time.

These are all the things 1mod6 will have to take into account before desiding to "go public" (so to speak) with his enterprise. The stark reality is, no business, (no matter how well planed out) is a slam dunk gold mine. There is a fair amount of gamble & risk involved. But just like any good game in Vagas, isn't that when the game starts to get interesting? To quote Galaxy Rangers, "NO GUTS NO GLORY"!

I wish you the best of luck!!

How are you kidding you are more on topic than most of us :lol
Stupid off topic part caused me to forget to actually ask for an actual price to see if I can actually justify getting this or not

OK. I didn't mean to bring the issue of price and start a whole thing about what things are worth. All I said was I hope this thing isn't going to cost as much as the Batsignal now. Would it be worth it?? Heck yea it would be. But as we all know his is a hobby and it would suck if I had to take a second mortgage out to get it. I also believe that a piece should be charge what its worth which is everyone else's opinion. So with that said can we all move on to the piece at question. And move away from the $$$ side of this.

anyhoo - we're getting off topic - the thread is about the custom - any conversation about price should only be between 1Mod6 and anyone who wants to commission one.

Where did you get the LED bulbs from? I assume they are the same as the 1/6 Batmobile and Bat-Pod...
Those LEDs are from my buddy Elektro's collection :). If I'm not mistaken they are standard LEDs. I don't have the batmobile or batpod:(, so I don't know if they are the same.

Very nice!
Thanks NameBrand

Intresting thread. :blah

BTW: Dont want to get much off topic but 1mod6, your armory cage isnt bad either. ;) Where did you find the graphics for the sides? They are exactly what I was looking for.
:). I regenerated the graphics from the movie it self.

:). I regenerated the graphics from the movie it self.

That makes it even more impressive for me as I tried it myself but never saw the two belts on the left side... :gah:

Once again, congratulations to another master piece! :hi5:

Whats comming next from you? Hope you will still be posting it here despite of the (pointless) price discussions... I always enjoy your work.:1-1: (Heres hope for the mointors):pray:

That is amazing! Sweet looking set-up. I wish I had room (not to mention the cash) to display stuff like this...

Back