Custom Batman The Dark Knight 1/6 Batsuit/armory Cage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree 100% The sad thing is this isn't the item that is being charged $700 for. That's the Batsignal that's $700. With this needing more attention, work, material, and time I'm afraid that this may be a little more. I contacted 1mod6 a month or so back about commissioning a Batsignal and that's the price he had quoted me. I'm scared to see how much this one will be.... :ohbfrank:

The four of us lucky to order a batsignal in the first place paid nowhere near $700 for them.

The eBay price on the auction one hit that much and I guess 1mod6 quoted you that much to commission one because they are now so extremely limited and would not want to annoy people who managed to get one.

Thanks guys, glad you liked it.

Figures when I was nearly complete with my custom armory you would release your's and just blow it out of the water! :D LOL.

You are a custom creation genius bro. That thing looks spot on - and good God, it's remote controlled!? You've again raised the bar. Seriously. Well done.
Sorry buddy, didn't mean to break your spirit :). I'm sure yours will turn out great too, just like your podium :rock.
AMAZING WORK!, was working on somthing similar
Thanks KneelBeforrSmallville, will be looking forward to yours

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to break your spirit :). I'm sure yours will turn out great too, just like your podium :rock.

:) spirit's not broken, I just realized I still have a ways to go to reach 1MOD6 quality. ;)

Your stuff is always inspiring. Thanks for the podium comment, means a lot from you. :hi5:

The four of us lucky to order a batsignal in the first place paid nowhere near $700 for them.

The eBay price on the auction one hit that much and I guess 1mod6 quoted you that much to commission one because they are now so extremely limited and would not want to annoy people who managed to get one.

Well here's hoping that the armory is at a reasonable price and that I can snag one. This piece is amazing. Also I really hope we can get 1mod6 to do a second run on the Batsignals. But from the way he sounds I doubt it.

1mod6 any chance of a second run of the Batsignal if there's enough interest?

crazy custom 1mod6!!! I am still proud to have your bat-signal.... now I can't wait to get this one!!! (IF you are ever going to release it...) just one suggestion though.... the "printed" weapon parts are just the only nitpick I have... maybe replace it with foam so that it can put real batarangs? That will be perfect!! Hope to hear more about it from you soon! :hi5::clap

Batsignal is going to be tough cause then Ro would have to rip his head off having paid $700. There is no turning back. As for price on the armory I don't think anyone has the right to put a price/value on it but the maker so if it is too high for you just have to move on and maybe make one yourself or buy the other $250 version. Sorry if you indeed took a class in economics you would know that price is determined by market demand, supply and competition and not by "demanding" it. You really remind me a lot of this other fellow here on this board that I have not seen for a while. Is it actually you, E?!?!?

BTW before someone goes all queeny on me I also wish I could afford and justify his work as I doubt I could ever come this close in quality doing it myself so here it is again my plea. Please go easy on us so more of us can afford it even if it means you have to do a lot more work to make the same amount. You will be admired for it.

Amazing, amazing work. Go ahead and put whatever price you want on it 1mod6, only you know how much hard work you put in to it.

Amazing, amazing work. Go ahead and put whatever price you want on it 1mod6, only you know how much hard work you put in to it.

I agree. I feel like if you dont like the price, dont buy it. Its not like he's scalping a figue or something - its his creation, he can charge whatever he wants. If no one buys it, he might adjust the price accordingly, who knows. You dont have to hammer the poor guy about it.

Wow, This is a whole lot better than the other one. More crisper edges, more professional.

Looks good. Much better than the other one that was talked about a few weeks back.

My only suggestion would be to offer an alternative to the printout weapons. Everything else - from the cage to the suit to the mask - is three-dimensional. So having the printout really makes it look flat.

On the other hand, having foam with slots in the swivel cabinets, as well as other hooks, would allow collectors to do something with all the batarangs, grappling guns, spiky bombs, and belts we've accumulated over the years (Takara Batman, OC Batman, TDK v1 Batman, DX Batman, etc.)

The concept of ever-escalating prices just because an older buyer paid more for something doesn't make any sense. Prices for things rise, prices for things fall. A customizer may be more or less available or willing, or have more or less access to materials, at any given time.

It would be upsetting if a customizer (or any seller of items) sold items at different prices to different buyers within the same batch, but if someone commissions an artist to make something for a certain price, there's no legitimate reason for the buyer to be upset if years later, someone else commissions a second, identical item, for a lesser of a price. That's the way the world works. Prices rise, prices fall.

There seems to be an attitude around here that the first buyer should have some leverage over the artist's future sales of copies, or that the buyer should be upset if, somewhere down the line, the copies of an item are sold for less money. That attitude doesn't make sense, and I don't see it mirrored anywhere else in the real world - early adopters often pay more, and they usually recognize that.

Additionally, the concept of pegging prices to an auction also makes no sense - the very nature of an auction means that prices are not only inflated, but are understood to be a one time deal.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Apparently there are some confusion, so let me make it clear: There is and there will be no list for this item.

Regarding the printout weapons; they can be removed and the user can add foam/brackets them self should they wish to.

When you say there will be no list for this item. Do you mean you wont be selling any?? That's heart breaking.

Batsignal is going to be tough cause then Ro would have to rip his head off having paid $700. There is no turning back. As for price on the armory I don't think anyone has the right to put a price/value on it but the maker so if it is too high for you just have to move on and maybe make one yourself or buy the other $250 version. Sorry if you indeed took a class in economics you would know that price is determined by market demand, supply and competition and not by "demanding" it. You really remind me a lot of this other fellow here on this board that I have not seen for a while. Is it actually you, E?!?!?

BTW before someone goes all queeny on me I also wish I could afford and justify his work as I doubt I could ever come this close in quality doing it myself so here it is again my plea. Please go easy on us so more of us can afford it even if it means you have to do a lot more work to make the same amount. You will be admired for it.

Oh dear, have I been miss quoted again. Well lets see if I can't get to the truth. 1st of all volume pricing is indeed a valid concept of any eco class, BUT I NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT DEMAND! & yes you are indeed correct, thanks to the free enterprise of America a person is able to sell any thing for ANY price (I once saw a 1940ies brown shipping box for a train set & dude wanted over 4k for it on ebay).

But it would appear that 1/6 mod is attempting to go mainstream with his customs. I mean he spoke of getting sponsors & all to finance his work right? Well that sounds like a man with a plan to me! BTW I think it great that he has backers willing to put capital in his investment.

Now.....with that being said, when a person steps up to the next level of business like 1/6mod here, it is indeed our right or the right of any one else to assess what they feel his work is worth. Why.....because that's all part of the free enterprise system of America that enables a seller to ask any price. We, as buyers have the right to assess it at any price.

Like my Aunt Rollie says *talks in deep south voice* "friends is friends baby...but business is business". These words have served me well in all my business dealings. Its nothing personal against mod, its only business. :lecture

A custom is worth what someone is willing to pay vs. how much the artist needs to make it worth his time. If you don't agree, don't buy it, but complaining about it is pointless.

If you tell me my time is worth half of what other people are willing to pay - I'm not going to work for you - and you bellyaching about it isn't going to change that.

Back