Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have the TDK OC Medi? That cape is sweet, why would you change it?

Yeah, I have the Medicom TDK. I didn't like the wired cape because I wanted a movie accurate cape. :)

I just took a flat nail filer and used it to stuff the cape in

Alright. I'll try your technique. Were you able to tuck the cape deep so the V shape wasn't big?

My TDK OC cape arrived today. I gotta say, I was really sceptical about making the change - I was very worried that the good appearance was as much a result of great photography than anything else, and I didn't want to alter my figure just based on that. I even spent time very carefully slightly widening the holes from the neck side of the stock cape so that I could take it off without having to break the cape clips and return it to the figure without any visible defect if I didn't like the look of the custom one.

I'm man enough to admit when I am wrong - and I was totally wrong here. The custom cape was a great investment, it pools naturally around the figure's feet unlike the stock version which I could never get to fall satisfactorily. I've still got a lot of futzing to do, but I'm convinced the end result will be much better than was ever going to be possible with the stock cape. Thanks Lance!

My TDK OC cape arrived today. I gotta say, I was really sceptical about making the change - I was very worried that the good appearance was as much a result of great photography than anything else, and I didn't want to alter my figure just based on that. I even spent time very carefully slightly widening the holes from the neck side of the stock cape so that I could take it off without having to break the cape clips and return it to the figure without any visible defect if I didn't like the look of the custom one.

I'm man enough to admit when I am wrong - and I was totally wrong here. The custom cape was a great investment, it pools naturally around the figure's feet unlike the stock version which I could never get to fall satisfactorily. I've still got a lot of futzing to do, but I'm convinced the end result will be much better than was ever going to be possible with the stock cape. Thanks Lance!

thank you very much for the kind words.

Just got my begins cape. Anyone got any advice for removing the little tabs. I've heard many times that its easy but obviously its pretty nerve wraking having to "break" something on a figure like this. :lol

The little triangle tab things that are just below the cowl. Apparently they need to be removed in order to take off the stock cape.

I'm tempted aswell I must say. Whatever I end up doing as regards selling stuff I'm definitely keeping at least one batman and they do look best with these capes. after recently opening my SSF purchasing account I think I'm going to be tempted by all sorts.

Mine arrived this morning here in Oz. What a ridiculous change to the whole figures stance and overall image a good cape gives it!

Lance thanks so much man :hi5:

003.jpg

004.jpg

011.jpg

Last edited:
Back