Custom 1/6 The Bat-Bunker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom 1/6 Bat-Bunker Diorama With Lighted Ceiling

That looks amazing! Damn it! Wish I had half the talent you've got.

Thank you so much! I always hold the opinion that no one is born a master, but of course I'm happy to already have some practice with things like that.

Last edited:

Thank you! :) I mixed a custom acrylic medium that get's quite hard with suitable model granules and the desired color. Added structure/ cracks by hand with selfmade tools.

Do you mean an acrylic house paint?

What colour did you use or suggest?

...and what do you mean by "model granules"?

Do you mean an acrylic house paint?

What colour did you use or suggest?

...and what do you mean by "model granules"?

It's more a thin mixed color, based on acrylic medium with added small granules for model making in different sizes.
Regular sand would have been cheaper but it often has to many impurities.
The suitable tone also comes from acrylics, mixed from black and white.
Maybe I'll make a tutorial for that some day.

It's a lot about trying it out in advance. :wink1:

It's more a thin mixed color, based on acrylic medium with added small granules for model making in different sizes.
Regular sand would have been cheaper but it often has to many impurities.
The suitable tone also comes from acrylics, mixed from black and white.
Maybe I'll make a tutorial for that some day.

It's a lot about trying it out in advance. :wink1:

Cool.

In that case, where would I find these granules (I'd prefer to buy online) and what is the ratio of paint to granules?

Re: Custom 1/6 Bat-Bunker Diorama With Lighted Ceiling -- street surface on p. 4

Hey pirate can you link me to the granules?

Re: Custom 1/6 Bat-Bunker Diorama With Lighted Ceiling -- street surface on p. 4

Cool.

In that case, where would I find these granules (I'd prefer to buy online) and what is the ratio of paint to granules?

That's like cooking. :wink1: I mean I'm not a good cook :lol but it's a lot about trying you know? :)
I buy most stuff like this in a local store but do a search for "deco granules".

Hey pirate can you link me to the granules?
Can't link to my local store's shelfs :lol but it's close to this: https://www.ebay.de/itm/261069186766

Added finer granules as well. Think that "granules" might be a confusing word.
In my local store they are labeled "model making granules", just in german but I think you can find more searching for "model sand".
You could also try regular sand, as it's only some $ for quite a mass but as I said, I tried this before and didn't like it due to impurities and I wouldn't know were to put such big sand packages :dunno.

As said, maybe I'll write a tutorial for this one day, just don't have the time atm. But it's really no "done in one step thing" so I fear there would be more and more "step by step questions" and I don't want to cause disappointment if someones result doesn't turn out as desired in the end.

Last edited:

Had to wait for the road surface to be sure that's it's 100% dry for sealing. :impatient:
Couldn't start the next step before, which is covering the outside with the rocky surface.

Used the time in between for the custom street dirorama bases, inspired by this project:

(...)
mhc02.jpg

Last edited:

This is amazing !

Thanks!

Sorry there are no updates today, had to work over the weekend.
In between I decided to add some weathering to the road surface before sealing it,
so it will take some more time but I think it will be worth it.

Last edited:
Happy to finally have some more time for my projects again.
Made several improvements to the road surface that will find their way into the Street Dioramas as well,
90% finished so many pics will follow soon.

In between, this is the bottom:

bottom03r.jpg

Even though the bottom's purpose is more functional than optical I still wanted to do it in the same quality and I had just painted it sheer black by now,
so I added a frame of cellular rubber to give the whole heavy dio a smooth and sturdy stand:

bottom01g.jpg

In the center there's a watermark like logo now:

bottom02.jpg

Last edited:
Dude that looks well smart :clap progress is awesome keeping an eye on this wanna see it when its done :yess:

Incredible man!! :duff

Dude that looks well smart :clap progress is awesome keeping an eye on this wanna see it when its done :yess:

Thanks a lot!

Getting closer:

floor01.jpg

Keep making some shots in between for evaluation and couldn't help showing you this first of the Bat Bunker's floor.
Light reflecting on Mr. Wayne's shoes is from the Bunker's ceiling light. :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot!

Getting closer:

floor01.jpg

Keep making some shots in between for evaluation and couldn't help showing you this first of the Bat Bunker's floor.
Light reflecting on Mr. Wayne's shoes is from the Bunker's ceiling light. :)

Hey man, that looks great. Do you mind posting a quick tutorial as to how you managed the concrete look?

Wow, Pirate, those dios look incredible. The way you've achieved such a realistic look on those surfaces in that scale is really impressive. :rock

Wow, Pirate, those dios look incredible. The way you've achieved such a realistic look on those surfaces in that scale is really impressive. :rock

Thank you so much, really appreciate the positive comments on that, and it in a way relieves me that it turned out like that,
because bringing the inner paintings to the surfaces I deceided to go a way that was new to me.
Will post more details about the inside, soon.

It's a race... you or me first?! LOL. Mine should be arriving any day now.

That's a funny coincidence. You've been waiting for yours so long
and I've been planning and constructing mine so long
and now I see pictures of both coming the same day. :lol

I'll have to hurry :lol ... Just kidding, had to be patient at so many steps,
which was hard so I'll finish everything with the same care and we'll see.

Back