Custom 1/6 The Bat-Bunker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom 1/6 Bat-Bunker Diorama With Lighted Ceiling

What's the road made from looks like styrofoam. I wanted to either do this for my tumbler our make a cave setting. Awesome stuff

Thank you, looking forward to show the complete road surface soon. :yess:

It's Bat-Bunker weekend!! Finally got some time again and two times waiting for a glue that needs about 48h to dry is over. :impatient:

Here's one more photo I made in between:

005ily.jpg

This weekend I'll mount the complete lighting surface and just from testing:

IT BLEW ME AWAY!! :yess:

l'll post some more photos this weekend and after that the next big steps will be finishing all the other surfaces.

Happy to hear what you think so far.

Last edited:

this is coming along very nicely Pirate! congrats on all the great work so far and I look forward to seeing the finished product :clap

Amazing. Can't wait to see this finished.

Subbed.

this is coming along very nicely Pirate! congrats on all the great work so far and I look forward to seeing the finished product :clap

Amazing. Can't wait to see this finished.

Subbed.

wow wow wow!! this looks stunning! good work!! :)

Thank you all so much!! :hi5:

Actually wanted to make one more photo with Mr. Wayne this weekend but as I painted the Bat-Bunker's bottom it has to stand upside down atm, so this would look a little silly. :lol

006npb.jpg

But here's a first photo of the mounted lighting surface. Think I'll save up showing it compeltely lit-up for the finish line, as it's a real highlight.

Last edited:

Thank you!

Will add a typical Gotham road surface with 1/6 scaled road marks on the top. It's in a way logical, as the Bat-Bunker is is hidden under the streets of Gotham and this will be a nice space for additional figures or vehicles.

Made several small test parts for that in between and here's a first photo of the part with the final type of structure and painting:

004bnf.jpg

That is awesom! How did you make that effect?

That is awesom! How did you make that effect?

Thank you! :) I mixed a custom acrylic medium that get's quite hard with suitable model granules and the desired color. Added structure/ cracks by hand with selfmade tools.

Last edited:

Starting to add the concrete textures to the inner walls.
Looks a little greener on this photo than in hand.

007smalld.jpg

Last edited:

You shouldnt be so 'teasy'. Show us the project warts and all.

You shouldnt be so 'teasy'. Show us the project warts and all.

Thanks Wake, I'll try to implement your advice with the next photos. :hi5:

Actually my intention was to show partial details of the progress, while not everything is finished to hear in case somebody wants to say "Wait there's something looking wrong." and to leave warts and all that don't find their way into the Dio to probably uninteresting partial test pieces. :dunno

Last edited:

Looks incredible, man!

Thank you!

Will add a typical Gotham road surface with 1/6 scaled road marks on the top. It's in a way logical, as the Bat-Bunker is is hidden under the streets of Gotham and this will be a nice space for additional figures or vehicles.

Made several small test parts for that in between and here's a first photo of the part with the final type of structure and painting:

004bnf.jpg

Bah! You've come this far, you might as well add a 1/6th storage container to the roof.

This is looking amazing. :clap :clap :clap Can't wait to see the finished dio. :rock

Cant wait to see this finished!

Me too! :lol Thanks a lot!

Looks incredible, man!

Bah! You've come this far, you might as well add a 1/6th storage container to the roof.

Thanks man! :hi5:

Really thought about it in the early planning but I want to make the Diorama perfectly 1/6 scaled while displaying two of the concrete walls.
The only way to get this done is to build it like a corner, cut to look inside from two perspectives, as in 1/6 the complete Bat-Bunker would measure 403.50" x 126.67".
The storage container hiding the entrance would be closer to the middle which makes it space-wise almost impossibe to display it in 1/6 with the concrete walls in the background.

This....plus a working elevator to raise / lower your Tumbler or Batpod.:rotfl

:rotfl That would be nice, too!

But it was only used as a hidden passenger elevator and for Wayne's motorcycle.

i209532.jpg

Image source: https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_209532-MV-Agusta-F4.html

Was surprised myself but there's no scene in which one can see how the Tumbler or the Bat-Pod leave the Bat-Bunker, the Tumbler would even be too wide for the elevated platform.
But on one of the ends there's this slope diffusing into darkness that should probably be a kind of ramp used for this.

Last edited:

Finished the street surface. At first I actually didn't wanna go that much into detail with this, but as I watched the scenes again and again to get a feeling for this, I decided to invest some more time to get this how I think it fits.

Masking everything:

street01e.jpg

Applying a mixed color:

street02.jpg

street03.jpg

As you can see I changed the structure a little compared to the small preview piece shown before, as I think it was a little to wavy. Still need to make some minimal corrections at the painted road marks:

street04.jpg

streeta.jpg

An appropriate number of small imperfections is quite important to make it look real, I think.

Here's one with the Bat-Pod to get a better impression of size and proportions:

street06r.jpg

Hope you like it! :)

Last edited:

That looks amazing! Damn it! Wish I had half the talent you've got.

Back