Custom 1:6 Pennywise the Clown

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Pennywise the Clown

An oldie but goodie!
8BDB5EB9-3754-435F-BAD1-97C8F0400BFC-81-0000036603720181_zpsf7d3fadf.jpg

You guys never cease to amaze me. The amazing work you guys do with old SSC figures.... Freddy looks awesome. (I know I'm totally off topic)

Exactly, Beto has not started the new Pennywise sculpt yet. The project is slated to get going somtime this year I believe.

With that said, I still favor the Beto sculpt as the better likeness. I can't say I see much Tim Curry in Rocco's. Some excellent paintups of it though especially the acid sculpt.

Are those the Mime Joker hands your using xphilx? I picked up a set of those hands myself and they work great. It adds alot of personality to the figure.

isnt this stiff richards video the new pennywise figure? both sculpts look totally different to the original ones. though i could be wrong

and in regards to the gloves u are correct they are joker gloves :) but im not sure which joker ones lol

isnt this stiff richards video the new pennywise figure? both sculpts look totally different to the original ones. though i could be wrong

and in regards to the gloves u are correct they are joker gloves :) but im not sure which joker ones lol

That stiff richards video is not the new version Beto Pennywise. Is stiff richards telling people this? If so that is very misleading to Beto's customers. Judging from this video it looks a bit questionable with regards to Beto and Lu's standards of quality. The older costume design clothing look authentic but those headsculpts look very poor quality for Beto standards, like a very rough cast and that is definately not a signature Beto Matali "finish" or paintwork especially not for 2013-2014. I'm not sure where he got those headsculpts to be honest, after watching that video it looks kind of suspect. I hope it wasn't a pricey acqusition for him because it's very flawed. If you compare it to Dark Passenger, Commtech's, Darthmagnus's or mine it looks quite different quality wise. I hope some of the original owners can chime in on this with their perspective, maybe stiff richards can explain as well.

Best case scenario is that it could be a very early test sculpt because that isn't somthing Beto released painted that way. Pennywise was not offered officially as a full figure by Beto originally. Those very few full figures in existence were special request build-ups.

Also, this is not meant to be an offensive critique of that figure. I realize that some collectors are very sensitive to how their collections are viewed and it turns an honest discussion or debate into a drama fest. Let's avoid that.

It's important that certain details be questioned, scrutinized or nitpicked from figures that look oddly off from the originals in order to maintain the integrity of what the Custom Artist originally intended on when he or she presented their offering. I'd rather help collectors with honest straightforward and accurate info, in areas I'm familiar with, so that they know exactly what it is that they are paying for. I'm a collector so I wouldn't want it any other way.

Last edited:

While the execution of Beto's is far better than most (better cast, hair application)... I think the sculpt has become a bit dated. Can't wait to own his new take though.

Edit: I have a feeling that's a prototype from Beto. Probably threw him an offer he couldn't refuse. :lol

Last edited:

While the execution of Beto's is far better than most (better cast, hair application)... I think the sculpt has become a bit dated. Can't wait to own his new take though.

Edit: I have a feeling that's a prototype from Beto. Probably threw him an offer he couldn't refuse. :lol

Yessir, Beto's newer version will most certainly have much improved aspects to it.

I'm thinking thats an early test phase sculpt with an extra clothing set that Beto may have had left over. It's not the first "official prototype" for lack of better words because that's the one I own :lol. I acquired mine late and it was from Beto's personal collection. Mine is the one they used on the original adverts to promote the first 1/6 expo in Cali.

Last edited:

I was referring to Stiff's Pennywise. I know yours is from the original "run". The clown suit does look like Beto's v1, at least to my eyes. I would think the final sculpts would be more refined so you may be correct on those being test sculpts. I hope Beto or Stiff can chime in.

I was referring to Stiff's Pennywise. I know yours is from the original "run". The clown suit does look like Beto's v1, at least to my eyes. I would think the final sculpts would be more refined so you may be correct on those being test sculpts. I hope Beto or Stiff can chime in.

Yes, just to clarify...When I said that his sculpts may be test versions of the Beto Pennywise I was referring to the old headsculpts not the new one. The new sculpts haven't even been made yet, the style of the sculpts haven't even been decided on by Beto (whether he's gonna do an acid sculpt,smily or possesed, all 3 or somthing entirely different.) So stiffs sculpts seem to be test versions of Beto's first run but definately not test versions of a newer sculpt that doesn't even exist yet :lol

Last edited:

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!! YES I bought this Pennywise DIRECTLY from BETOMATALI himself about 2 months ago (11/15/13) BETO says to contact him personally if you have any other questions about this figure or its authenticity.

Last edited:

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!! YES I bought this Pennywise DIRECTLY from BETOMATALI himself about 2 months ago (11/15/13) BETO says to contact him personally if you have any other questions about this figure or its authenticity. SMH

Hey bud. Clearly its a beto figure not to many ppl put that quality out but what r those sculpts? Are they gonna be on his new figure?

Hey bud. Clearly its a beto figure not to many ppl put that quality out but what r those sculpts? Are they gonna be on his new figure?

No this is not his new pennywise. But I think it looks great!

That stiff richards video is not the new version Beto Pennywise. Is stiff richards telling people this? If so that is very misleading to Beto's customers. Judging from this video it looks a bit questionable with regards to Beto and Lu's standards of quality. The older costume design clothing look authentic but those headsculpts look very poor quality for Beto standards, like a very rough cast and that is definately not a signature Beto Matali "finish" or paintwork especially not for 2013-2014. I'm not sure where he got those headsculpts to be honest, after watching that video it looks kind of suspect. I hope it wasn't a pricey acqusition for him because it's very flawed. If you compare it to Dark Passenger, Commtech's, Darthmagnus's or mine it looks quite different quality wise. I hope some of the original owners can chime in on this with their perspective, maybe stiff richards can explain as well.

Best case scenario is that it could be a very early test sculpt because that isn't somthing Beto released painted that way. Pennywise was not offered officially as a full figure by Beto originally. Those very few full figures in existence were special request build-ups.

Also, this is not meant to be an offensive critique of that figure. I realize that some collectors are very sensitive to how their collections are viewed and it turns an honest discussion or debate into a drama fest. Let's avoid that.

It's important that certain details be questioned, scrutinized or nitpicked from figures that look oddly off from the originals in order to maintain the integrity of what the Custom Artist originally intended on when he or she presented their offering. I'd rather help collectors with honest straightforward and accurate info, in areas I'm familiar with, so that they know exactly what it is that they are paying for. I'm a collector so I wouldn't want it any other way.

Beto painted them

Got my sculpt in from Rocco, although there is a dent on his dome...is this how everyone else's is???

9eme9usu.jpg

Wow... Great figure man... :clap

Back