Custom 1/6 IceMan Bobby Drake Sean Ashmore X-Men Last Stand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom 1/6 IceMan Bobby Drake Sean A___on X-Men Last Stand

Looking awesome!
Time to start ordering the clothing and body...

Woot Woot... looking so good. Well done !

Whoa!! That is amazing!!! Great job, it looks awesome! If you ever cast a Predator head like that, let me know!!

OMG. A cloaked predator or one decloaking wow...how good would that be :joy

You just reminded me of that Neca one..

It's funny, such a simple thing like molding clear items, and yet i'm bananas for it along with everyone else. Brilliant idea, jedijim, I can't wait to see the other parts.

Now if only *someone* could figure out a way to mold whole true-types in the stuff...hmm...

It's funny, such a simple thing like molding clear items, and yet i'm bananas for it along with everyone else. Brilliant idea, jedijim, I can't wait to see the other parts.

Now if only *someone* could figure out a way to mold whole true-types in the stuff...hmm...

Thanks bro. I can make the molds for the HT stand as well. I'm just concentrating on getting these parts right. Oh BTW, if anyone purchases my kit for $55.00 shipped and wants a base or other accessories I'll be making soon I'll give them free shipping inside the US.

KIT INCLUDES
HEAD
NECK
NECK POST
SET OF FISTS
SET OF RELAXED HANDS

If you want different hands I can exchange any pair for different ones or if you want all sets they will be $10.00 extra per pair.

Anyone who wants to go ahead with their order can pm me with your specific order.

Awesome... put me down for a set. Looks way cooler with bubble gone now.

How much are you thinkin' the stand will be in addition?

How much are you thinkin' the stand will be in addition?

I was thinking about that. I can definitely cast the base and the stem that holds the metal grip but I don't have a way of replicating the grip or saddle whatever you call it. So I'd either have to engineer a new clasp or reuse some clear medicom clasps. Or people could provide their own clasp. This option would be $20.00 because of the amount of material required to cast it. It's a fairly simple design so it should be relitively easy to cast unlike the hands or more intricate parts.

I can also offer a clear circular stand for cheap made of polycarbonate from my local plastics shop. They are the same size as sideshows stands with a polycarbonate tube as a post with a medicom clasp for $8.00.

Of course the luge stand will be significantly higher. Not sure how I will price that as I have to sculpt it by hand. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm pretty excited about it!

Yeah Mike. I thought about molding a whole true type but that sounds like a lot of work. I'd love to have one though. Man would that be cool. Maybe even ask KP to cast the smaller muscle body in clear. Since they already have molds for the body. That would be spectacular.

I'm in for at least one stand, pending results. Can't blame me for wanting to pick the "coolest" one.

eh? Coolest?

*ahem*

I'll have my order specs in to ya once we see how the alternate hands/stand prototypes turn out.

Anybody have suggestions on clothes? I'm thinkin' a simple hoodie/blue jeans/converse kicks...mostly because I have no clue how I would get my hands on an X-team uniform.

Yeah Mike. I thought about molding a whole true type but that sounds like a lot of work. I'd love to have one though. Man would that be cool. Maybe even ask KP to cast the smaller muscle body in clear. Since they already have molds for the body. That would be spectacular.

:lol yeah, wishful thinking. How would one ask KP to do stuff? Is that a common practice?

Actually Kaustc has a thread advertising their bodies. I just sent a pm to see if they might be interested.

Nice!

I have plans to "frost" up the clothes, parts and stand-just a touch here and there to give it a little additional texture.

*forgive me posting so frequently, I'm just psyched about all this

Those are great ideas. Be sure to post your finished works up here please. I can't wait to see everyone's interpretation.

My dream is to have a 1/6 fully iced up Bobby and fully flamed out Johnny Storm. A bit clear of course but orangey yellow.

Molding the other hands tonight. Should be able to post pics of the castings tomorrow night.

So will you invoice us if we are definitely in? I would definitely like 1 kit whenever they are available.

So will you invoice us if we are definitely in? I would definitely like 1 kit whenever they are available.

I can send you a pm invoice if you want or you can send me a pm request for your specific options. I'll have several different hands to choose from.
Kit will be $55.00 shipped includes:
Head
Neck
Neck post
2 sets of different hands(your choice)

Any additional hands are $10.00 a set.
I'll post pics of all the parts available and if anyone wants to go forward just send me a pm otherwise I'll start at the top of the list and move down from there.

1st kit is done. Here are some pics.
IceMan059.jpg
IceMan058.jpg
IceMan060.jpg
IceMan068.jpg

I have two different style necks to choose from. Spiderman or Captain America. Spiderman is my preference because it gives him a slimmer look that a teenager should have. The CA neck is longer and gives him a more muscular stronger look. Here are some pics of the other hand options.
IceMan073.jpg
IceMan072.jpg

Here are some pics of an example put together.
IceMan063.jpg
IceMan065.jpg
IceMan066.jpg
IceMan067.jpg

Turned out great! I just wish his X-men suit was easier to do though.

Damn they look good and i might have to get a set off you sometime :)

Back