Custom 1/6 IceMan Bobby Drake Sean Ashmore X-Men Last Stand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedijim3002

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok. So I started this project a while ago but I'm finally getting the progress I've always wanted. Here are some pics of my IceMan as seen in the X-Men trilogy movies. All parts are cast from clear smooth-on resin.

IMG_0217.jpg
IMG_0218.jpg
IMG_0220.jpg
IMG_0221.jpg

The head came from a Brad Pitt 7even custom I found on eBay. Then I slowly shaved off the bits I thought were protruding and came up with this original sculpt. I used a lot of reference shots of Sean so I could get this as close as possible.

I started off using smooth-on 300 cast white resin and it was ok but I really wanted that ice look that I think is the best part of X-Men 3 for IceMan fans when he finally turned solid ice.

IMG_0289.jpg
IMG_0290.jpg

Here it is on a black HT Spiderman neck with black neck post. I was just trying to get an idea of the movement on the hollowed out head on the neck. The final product will have a clear neck post to go in the neck and head so you won't see it.
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0292.jpg
IMG_0288.jpg

Here are some shots of the clear neck on a HT body.

IMG_0300.jpg
IMG_0299.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg

Then on the body with the head.
IMG_0301.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0303.jpg

A few more.
IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg
IMG_0296.jpg

Here are some with the clear fists.
IMG_0305.jpg
IMG_0306.jpg
IMG_0309.jpg

Here is a working final product. I have him on Cyclops' outfit but you get the idea.

IMG_0314.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg

I'm still working out the bugs on the open palm hands for shooting ice but the fingers won't come out right. I need to get a vacuum chamber to remove all the air bubbles.
IMG_0320.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg
IMG_0319.jpg

Here is a kit I'm thinking of selling. It will include all clear pieces:
Head
Neck
Neck post
Fists

Once I get the other hands right I'll include those as well.

IMG_0324.jpg
IMG_0325.jpg
IMG_0326.jpg
IMG_0327.jpg
IMG_0328.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg

Re: Custom 1/6 IceMan Bobby Drake Sean A___on X-Men Last Stand

That is really "cool"!

A very good job you have done there.

That's really great. If the open shooting hands can get worked out I would be all kinds of interested

Interested! :wave

Did the neck retain all of the articulation? Or is it stuck in the forward position?

Interested:wave

Ok so far that's:
Mikekind
thenammagazine
Gargan
Manticore72c
Elvis1976
clparker04
Levit05
Evil Toy Monger
rhaykal
Khonsu70
Ronin-5
swtimes11
CrimsonBob
Buttmunch
Brandoloneous
Mightyq
Kal El Klarc

Cool. I'm going on vaca for a week starting on Friday so I won't be back to start working on them. I'll still be in contact with my phone up here and answering any questions or posting more pics. I'll start working on them when I get back.

My uncle has a vacuum chamber I can use so I should be up and running in a week. I'll let you know when the first batch comes out good.

Last edited:
Cool. Both of you have been added. I need some brain storming as to what else I could include besides the 2 sets of hands, head, and neck. Any ideas?

A wall of Ice to put in front of him? Sort of like with a side view diorama?

Go ahead and put me on that list!

How about including an ice blast...

All great ideas guys keep them coming. I was thinking of offering a basic kit with just head, neck, fists, and hands for $55.00 shipped.

Then offering a few different accessory options like ice base, ice wall, or ice blast from the fingers leading to or that was able to connect to an ice luge for an additional fee.

Let me know what you guys think.

Back