Custom 1/6 Chewbacca real-fur.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's the one I got from Mark. His legs are not as far apart and he has elbow movement, he could be a little bit taller. he also came with the breather mask with hose and canister. I like his slender/lanky look more than the wide bodied one. i still need to get the hairspray out and style him more though. I'm very happy with him.

Looks like you have 2 there -- bith Mark's? Got any brighter pictures of 'em?

lol yeah dark pic. sweet fig tho!!:chew:chew

so what kind of articulation do these customs have? do they vary according to the bod Mark uses?

the chewie in the background of the previous picture is on the monitor. only have one chewie, Mark's.

here's a picture with the flash...it takes out the depth of his fur on his face/chin and brightens his lips(which I need to paint). I really need to style him too. and take more pics.

Looks great, that's one of Mark's newer ones. I do like the height and the slimmer body. More pictures would be great because we don't have much on record for the new Chewbacca.

I've definitely got to get to work with the hairspray...
:chew
Here's an older picture of my wookie:monkey3

chewie37gf3.jpg

This is the best furred Chewbacca I've seen, pretty close to Chewie's body mass.

Last edited:
It does look good,
but I think that all of them look awesome, and are a real work of art!

They've all been impressive pieces, and the skill to pull them off is undeniable, but I haven't seen one yet the truly looks like Chewbacca to me, many end up looking to bulky and muscular, which impresses me with the one I commented on as it has more his lanky look, but the fir doesn't feel like his.

The trouble with doing a mass produced fur Chewie isn't just producing the hair, but getting hair that is nappy and all like Chewie's.

They've all been impressive pieces, and the skill to pull them off is undeniable, but I haven't seen one yet the truly looks like Chewbacca to me, many end up looking to bulky and muscular, which impresses me with the one I commented on as it has more his lanky look, but the fir doesn't feel like his.

Me neither, but it has more to do with the face.

Yeah thats the one thing I don't dig about the furred ones (even the best) give Chewie a too broad of a face. And you don't get the nap either. Definitely amazing figures, but I just don't know if you can get a really accurate 1/6 figure with fur.

Yeah thats the one thing I don't dig about the furred ones (even the best) give Chewie a too broad of a face. And you don't get the nap either. Definitely amazing figures, but I just don't know if you can get a really accurate 1/6 figure with fur.

I reckon if you use the skinny armour body you stand a chance.

I reckon if you use the skinny armour body you stand a chance.

Well I believe the issue is that all of these customs are built around existing Hasbro Chewies, not a generica base body, which is what results in the lost proportions. While not very good looking, Hasbro's solid plastic Chewies of the last 5 years or so have had his body mass correct, but then if you add fur around that, then you bulk him out further.

Here's mine. I STILL have to re-work the head, but I think the body works. I used a kitbashed body containing a Hasbro body, which I added a sound chip into so Chewie talks, the rubber hasbro legs I stripped so they were nice and skinny and poseable. The arms and head are cotswold GI Joe style.

hanchewiecustom.jpg

Han&ChewieDeathstar.jpg

I surrounded him in Habro Chewie fur, and that's it.
After I fix his head, I also have to take new pics with SS Han once he hits.

Well I believe the issue is that all of these customs are built around existing Hasbro Chewies, not a generica base body, which is what results in the lost proportions. While not very good looking, Hasbro's solid plastic Chewies of the last 5 years or so have had his body mass correct, but then if you add fur around that, then you bulk him out further.

wonder why an existing hasbro Chewie needs to be used? u'd think a better articulated bod would work but i guess maybe height is the issue.

Back