Custom 1/6 Chewbacca real-fur.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
Welcome deathstalker! And many congrats on your remarkable Chewie. :D

I was wondering if and when you MIGHT consider making these available to SSF!:monkey5 ?
Yes I agree, I would love to see some more of these.

The question is....

Where is the fur from? I might not be able to import it (customs wont allow it) if the fur is from a real animal...person.

samuraiwarrior said:
The question is....

Where is the fur from? I might not be able to import it (customs wont allow it) if the fur is from a real animal...person.

REALLY ??? That's odd to hear...now that you say that, I DO wonder where the fur came from. I kind of looks like shag carpet, but I have no idea.

The fur is actually some kinda craft stuff. It's made up mostly of acrylic and something called modacrylic( ??? ) It's definitely not human or animal. It takes so much hair to actually hair these guys I'd have to hang out at a barber shop for hours to find enough of the real thing and in the right colors as fun as that may be for some:D I just don't think I'd be into that.

Having purchased a custom Chewie from him, I can say it's well worth the money. I am VERY happy with mine.

Last edited:
Wor-Gar said:
Got any pictures to share?

Not yet. My laptop died on me and I have to buy a new home PC and load the digital camera software on it. Since it's Christmas time I don't have the money for a new computer right now.

I only have internet access from work right now.

congerking said:
For starting at $200, I expected a little more. For all that money, I would have an EXACT likeness to chewy, and that aint it.
looks like ebay users TOTALLY disagree.....:chew

you show us yours Wor-gar,Illl show them mine....

hurricane said:
looks like ebay users TOTALLY disagree.....:chew

you show us yours Wor-gar,Illl show them mine....

You can tell by my Chewie's face that he also disagrees.

chewieforpost.jpg

I have to say Deathstalkers' Chewbacca is awesome.

Here's a compare for size -- 15 furry inches...

GGHanChewieforpost.jpg

Last edited:
Wor-Gar said:
OK, so where's yours, Hurricane?

:D
here he be , a bit diferent from yours, I havent finished styling the fur, and I added elbow joints to his arms....
DSCF0041-2.jpg

I'm resurrecting this thread as I just got my custom Chewie from Mark,
This figure is simply awesome and the craftsmanship is amazing!
I'll be using some hairspray to it and adjust the hair a bit, but this is how it looks right now:

chewie1.jpg

chewie2.jpg

chewie3.jpg

With Han

chewie4.jpg

And the whole gang (can't wait for ANH Luke, Han and Droids)

gang1.jpg

gang3.jpg

I really doubt Sideshow will ever produce a furred Chewie, so for me this is the ultimate rendition of him!

I will be very,very suprised if SSC or any other company for that matter attempts a real fur Chewbacca as there are too many potential production and QC issues to make it viable. Maybe if a way of growing the fur directly from the base body could be found but I think that's somewhat unlikely lol!

I will be very,very suprised if SSC or any other company for that matter attempts a real fur Chewbacca as there are too many potential production and QC issues to make it viable. Maybe if a way of growing the fur directly from the base body could be found but I think that's somewhat unlikely lol!

Like some sort of Chia Chewie.:rotfl

here's the one I got from Mark. His legs are not as far apart and he has elbow movement, he could be a little bit taller. he also came with the breather mask with hose and canister. I like his slender/lanky look more than the wide bodied one. i still need to get the hairspray out and style him more though. I'm very happy with him.

Last edited:
I'm resurrecting this thread as I just got my custom Chewie from Mark,
This figure is simply awesome and the craftsmanship is amazing!
I'll be using some hairspray to it and adjust the hair a bit, but this is how it looks right now:

gang1.jpg

I really doubt Sideshow will ever produce a furred Chewie, so for me this is the ultimate rendition of him!

3PO is huge.:google:lol

Back