Action Figure Cursed Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that was a Davy Jones's locker version. I remember seeing a prototype of that somewhere.. It was a magazine with a teaser of Mark 5.

here it is

%255B11_25_10%255D%255B19_54_11%255D%255BMaxthon+Shot%255D.jpg

So a weekend update for you.
Taking on board the comments from a couple of weeks ago I not only refashioned the face shape, but also revisited the colour scheme of the face. This means I will need to do some more work on the hands and neck to make it all match.
So first off we have the old sculpt, next picture with the added bits on the jaw and the mouth made into a steeper bow shape, then the base colour of Granite for the low lights, and the different layers of grey.

Next the top layers of white and Graveyard Earth veins to give the look of crinkled aged skin, and some touching up of the low lights until the mouth and cheeks are as close as I can get.
I have started on the bandana too... it will need more work to get it looking ragged, and I am tempted to remove some of the dreads and replace sections with dolls' hair, to look like the loose hair in the scene. I will see how it looks before removing the dreads though.
And a few posed shots so you can see the piece coming together.
Dizzy

And although the close up makes the sword look huge (it doesn't really, but close up distorts the perspective) this shot shows the classic through the chest pose.
Dizzy

Thanks guys. I will be making little tweaks over the next week or so. I think I will stay with the HT dreads rather than the doll hair... it may not be 100% movie accurate, but it will retain the Jack characteristic hair.
Dizzy

Amazing work Dizzy! The new sculpt really does look better and the overall piece is amazing!

Congrats :rock

Incredible work! Major props to you for following through on this no doubt daunting project! :bow

Thanks guys... I will be doing some finishing work in the next few weeks, but have started work on a custom Wolf Predator this week.
Dizzy

No progress, I have been working on some preds this week, but a new pose to show off his skinny legs!
Dizzy

Looks ace, Dizzy. For ultimate accuracy - he doesn't have two belts in COTBP or the dead animal fur thing and his sword belt across his chest is different.

Are you sure about the 2 belts?
I know the chest belt is different... but the DX one is so nice!
Dizzy

Back