Action Figure Cursed Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you plan to make the stone chest of Cortez with all 882 identical pieces of cursed Aztec gold? That would be sweet.

I did think about it, but will probably stick to making just one gold coin, and have the ships wheel as a diorama stand... although he may look cool on the Cannibal JS throne when HT release it (yes I know, different movie, but it would look cool!).
The best would be if HT do Barbossa, then I can do the skeleton trick to him and have them dueling over some rocks.
Dizzy

So now I have pretty much finished painting the skeleton.
First I did a white wash in Citadels' Skull White for a base primer. Next I did low-lights in Graveyard Earth, then some Bleached Bone here and there. Then some more Graveyard Earth in vein patterns, and glossed it all to seal the paint. Finally details with Skull White again to cover most of the shine and thin out some of the vein effects.
I will be doing little bits here and there as they catch my eye, and I really need to see it in daylight to see how it really looks.
I have also popped a skull on for now, just to make it look more finished while I re-do the head.
Dizzy

fantastic work on this project.......didn't Hot Toys say they were gonna make a cursed Jack but thought it wouldn't sell very well and scrapped it.

I think that was a Davy Jones's locker version. I remember seeing a prototype of that somewhere.. It was a magazine with a teaser of Mark 5.

Gat freaking job Dizzy!!!! Your work always inspire me for sure

fantastic work on this project.......didn't Hot Toys say they were gonna make a cursed Jack but thought it wouldn't sell very well and scrapped it.

You are right, it was not the davy jones locker version, if you are ace at googling you can see a HT prototype pic of skeletonized Jack under "cancelled figures" section in a Hongkong toy magazine. (other cancelled figure being the girl from kamui gaiden film) it wasnt made with real cloth ..rather more like Davy Jones was.

Well, just to answer the clothing question, yes, I am adding ragged clothes (from the DX Jack of course).
The first pic shows the clothing on the body before getting busy with a scalpel, and then burning off the loose threads from the edges.
Dizzy

Back