Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

Not to derail the conversation here but does anyone know the basic rules of SS's "cash" prizes? You have a set amount. Is it pick whatever up until that amount, pick one thing near that amount, if it's more pay the difference? I've never won anything in my life and I'm not sure how to approach it. Especially with as little info as they give ya.

I could be wrong but i thought you couldn't pay the difference if you want over the limit. I'd ask who ever was in charge of the contest though. Hope you get something awesome!

I have a feeling there will be no codes next year. If I was Sideshow and got inindated with calls I'd say a big see ya to them next year.

That is entirely a possibility. The fake codes (fakegate) ;) were of course started in good fun while people were passing time (totally understandable and was all innocently started). It's unfortunate that fun can turn sour though. Unfortunately, having our CS department flooded with folks inquiring about fake codes causes issues (even more so when there are other customers trying to get through with all sorts of other inquires but can't and so on). Fakegate wasn't malicious of course it's just unfortunate that good fun ended up having a very bad side effect that those just having fun didn't intend. As such, having our CS bogged down due to an unfortunate situation will cause us to evaluate the future. Should we offer these kinds of codes in the future or not? Is the potential problematic side effects (that even we didn't foresee possible) minimal enough to still offer this kind of incentive or is it too much of an issue? Nothing is decided yes or no right now of course, so reward point codes may still happen in the future. It's possible they won't either.

-SideshowAlex

As an aside, would it be cool to start a thread-spend tally to find out how much money the participants here sent to SS this week?

Vodka and cranberry juice makes a Cape Codder. And it is: tasty. Especially at 2 in the morning on Halloween. I just for some reason possibly having to do with the vodka feel it's really important to make sure everyone understands that Cape Codders are tasty. Seriously. They're better than screwdrivers.

The Mandarin arrived today. He's on my shelf with Red Skull and Iron Monger and the Chitauri Commander, just chilling out in his cool chair; he has everyone fooled. That Trevor's a cheeky bastard.

Thanks guys. I've sent an email. Just waiting to hear from them. I expect it will be a few days.

That is entirely a possibility. The fake codes (fakegate) ;) were of course started in good fun while people were passing time (totally understandable and was all innocently started). It's unfortunate that fun can turn sour though. Unfortunately, having our CS department flooded with folks inquiring about fake codes causes issues (even more so when there are other customers trying to get through with all sorts of other inquires but can't and so on). Fakegate wasn't malicious of course it's just unfortunate that good fun ended up having a very bad side effect that those just having fun didn't intend. As such, having our CS bogged down due to an unfortunate situation will cause us to evaluate the future. Should we offer these kinds of codes in the future or not? Is the potential problematic side effects (that even we didn't foresee possible) minimal enough to still offer this kind of incentive or is it too much of an issue? Nothing is decided yes or no right now of course, so reward point codes may still happen in the future. It's possible they won't either.

-SideshowAlex

Thank you for responding Alex, I know as one who posted some fake codes, I apologize that it caused issues, I never meant for this to even go back to Sideshow and would never do anything to hurt a company that I enjoy dealing with on a regular basis. What you guys do is great and it brings collectors together.

Not to derail the conversation here but does anyone know the basic rules of SS's "cash" prizes? You have a set amount. Is it pick whatever up until that amount, pick one thing near that amount, if it's more pay the difference? I've never won anything in my life and I'm not sure how to approach it. Especially with as little info as they give ya.

You won a gift certificate set at a specific amount? If so, you can apply what you want to as many orders you want until it's been used up entirely before it's expiration date.

-SideshowAlex

You can't count on everyone to abide by a "no joking" policy. My suggestion of a private thread contains any such problems. Think of it as putting the animals in cages if you'd like.

LOL Where did I say that? You're the one that wants to segregate freaks. I said it should have stopped once the problem was known. And going by Sideshow Alex's post it may be a moot point.

You won a gift certificate set at a specific amount? If so, you can apply what you want to as many orders you want until it's been used up entirely before it's expiration date.

-SideshowAlex

He won the SideshowPick from Susan, she said he could pick anything up to 350 dollars from the website.

-SideshowAlex

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414821973.157793.jpg

I won the $350 Candy Character Contest with my Clayface sculpt. Just wasn't sure how it would be handled etc. Appreciate the reply.

So I am guessing no more codes, product sales or giveaways will happen in the next 52 minutes LOL

-SideshowAlex

Wow Chicky, i hope not. I have been here a long time seen Spook in at least 9 varieties. I remember crashing the site on many occasions trying to find all your easter eggs. Yeah it was annoying at times but all my Spook memories are good ones.

I do miss the new product announcements and the fun productions you always had around them. I think we all can agree that and chatting with you all are what really makes it worth the time. At least it does for me.

Night. I hope you all stay safe

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

I honestly can't believe people would take the time out of their day to contact sideshow over codes. It must be nice to have that much free time in your day.

I said it should have stopped once the problem was known.

Unicorns should poop gold. It's in the past, unless you have a time machine? And if you do, I can think of at least 1000 better things to do, give me a call. I'm offering a solution for the future - if there is one. Which I hope there is.

Rewards bring dollars to Sideshow. If they decide that it's not worth their time to do these types of promotions, then that's their choice - they know best how to run the business they want to run. Speaking for myself, it would probably push me away from ordering a number of products from their site directly and decrease the number of products I order over all.

Back