Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

Thank you for responding Alex, I know as one who posted some fake codes, I apologize that it caused issues, I never meant for this to even go back to Sideshow and would never do anything to hurt a company that I enjoy dealing with on a regular basis. What you guys do is great and it brings collectors together.

It just was a situation where people were having fun that ended up with unfortunate side effects. No one would ever have thought what happened would happen. :) we live and learn and will fight for another day (rather another Spooktacular!!!). :)

-SideshowAlex

What I enjoy about these events is how so many collectors all gather in one place at one time and we can joke and talk to each other about things, the RP and Coupons are just an added perk. I have some points now that will give me a nice discount on the Saruman statue that I really want to get.

That is entirely a possibility. The fake codes (fakegate) ;) were of course started in good fun while people were passing time (totally understandable and was all innocently started). It's unfortunate that fun can turn sour though. Unfortunately, having our CS department flooded with folks inquiring about fake codes causes issues (even more so when there are other customers trying to get through with all sorts of other inquires but can't and so on). Fakegate wasn't malicious of course it's just unfortunate that good fun ended up having a very bad side effect that those just having fun didn't intend. As such, having our CS bogged down due to an unfortunate situation will cause us to evaluate the future. Should we offer these kinds of codes in the future or not? Is the potential problematic side effects (that even we didn't foresee possible) minimal enough to still offer this kind of incentive or is it too much of an issue? Nothing is decided yes or no right now of course, so reward point codes may still happen in the future. It's possible they won't either.

-SideshowAlex

tumblr_inline_nec8pvpA0f1sn119p.gif

Gotcha. Then it would be any one item valued at $350 or less as the prize.

-SideshowAlex

Last inquiry, is that face value only with no promotion codes etc added? The banner/hulk set was 350 with the HA11OW33N code before it was wait listed. I had that in mind at the time. not trying to be greedy I just honestly don't know.

That Clayface sculpt was the bomb.

But did it taste good?

Thank you. I've yet to attempt to eat him. he scares me a little. :horror

That is entirely a possibility. The fake codes (fakegate) ;) were of course started in good fun while people were passing time (totally understandable and was all innocently started). It's unfortunate that fun can turn sour though. Unfortunately, having our CS department flooded with folks inquiring about fake codes causes issues (even more so when there are other customers trying to get through with all sorts of other inquires but can't and so on). Fakegate wasn't malicious of course it's just unfortunate that good fun ended up having a very bad side effect that those just having fun didn't intend. As such, having our CS bogged down due to an unfortunate situation will cause us to evaluate the future. Should we offer these kinds of codes in the future or not? Is the potential problematic side effects (that even we didn't foresee possible) minimal enough to still offer this kind of incentive or is it too much of an issue? Nothing is decided yes or no right now of course, so reward point codes may still happen in the future. It's possible they won't either.

-SideshowAlex

I don't see how anyone could strike up the nerve to contact you guys and complain about faux codes not working. It's up there with complaining to CS that you missed the deadline for entering expired codes.

Okay, so you saw a code on a forum and you took a second or two to plug it in only to find it isn't real. Okay, it isn't valid. Move on. Why complain to you guys? For the sheer amount of playful fake codes being posted by people (myself included) as we passed time, it should have been common sense which ones were fake and which ones were real. If I got hit up with complaints during a free promotion from overzealous, ungrateful customers, I'd cease the promotion.

You know what they say, you give an inch, they take a mile.

Anyway, I had a good time and appreciate the amount of free rewards that I was given. Thanks Sideshow.

Unicorns should poop gold. It's in the past, unless you have a time machine? And if you do, I can think of at least 1000 better things to do, give me a call. I'm offering a solution for the future - if there is one. Which I hope there is.

Rewards bring dollars to Sideshow. If they decide that it's not worth their time to do these types of promotions, then that's their choice - they know best how to run the business they want to run. Speaking for myself, it would probably push me away from ordering a number of products from their site directly and decrease the number of products I order over all.

LOL! Sounds like someone doesn't like to admit they're wrong. That's cool...not my problem, and I don't have a beef with you. Have fun sitting in the front of the bus next giveaway...if there is one. :rotfl

LOL! Sounds like someone doesn't like to admit they're wrong. That's cool...not my problem, and I don't have a beef with you. Have fun sitting in the front of the bus next giveaway...if there is one. :rotfl

Acurate and funny as hell

-SideshowAlex

NO NO NO PLEASE DON'T TAKE OUT THE CODES!!! In all seriousness I really look forward to and enjoy spooktacular and spooktacular codes as I'm sure many others do and the rewards points/staying up all night make me really appreciate sideshow and my collectibles more than I did before and even though we didn't get as many codes as last year I am ever so grateful to sideshow for providing them, because I know that I am not entitled to them they are gifts from the company. I really hope that fake gate isn't the lasting legacy of spooktacular codes and that the legacy of the codes is staying in the forums, chillin with people on the forums talking about cool stuff and waiting on codes as well as staying up all night and having fun with your fellow freaks!! #keepthecodes

Last inquiry, is that face value only with no promotion codes etc added? The banner/hulk set was 350 with the HA11OW33N code before it was wait listed. I had that in mind at the time. not trying to be greedy I just honestly don't know.

The Hulk/Banner set went to Waitlist.

You know what they say, you give an inch, they take a mile.

Anyone in business should get that tattooed on themselves - backwards so they can read it in the mirror. ;) It's the truth.

Or possibly ever from the looks of things...

They have to get stupid questions all the time, that is just a hassle of dealing with the public. A few extra over the code issue should hopefully not ruin it. Take the codes away and you loose a lot of interest in the event. We appriciate all the little perks and the effort that goes into them.

Back