Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

I see your point and what you did with the e-mails for everyone who wanted them was awesome!

But I think we all have to realize this thread was originally setup to help people or "give hand outs" to people who were looking for help with Spook. We can't really fault them for looking for help when the thread was created for it in the first place. You also have to realize that there were more than likely a lot more people visiting this page than were signed up for your e-mail alerts.

I think we all have to realize that although we thought we were being funny we were really confusing a lot of people who maybe were only stopping by for 2 seconds that they could spare out of their day to visit the forum with help with Spook that this thread was designed to do. If Dave doesn't like the way we were posting we should own up to it and admit we were in the wrong. There are plenty of other threads here to act stupid in.

We all posted codes, we admitted to it. No one here is denying that we did it. No one is here is accepting fault for what others chose to do with those snippets of conversation after they read them. If you were here for JUST codes, post one was the only place you needed to be.

Still, I just can't see how someone could read, copy, and paste something like D1CKH3AD or A$$FAC3 without thinking twice about it..

Those were both valid codes. The first one got me a free Professor X bust and the second got me 30% off a Ponda Boba figure.

A lot of it is also just common sense, everyone was throwing all these fake ones, and even if it was quoted, it was because it was laughed at.
But once real code is there, it was all serious and people would post, that it is valid.

So whenever the fake ones are popping out, it was just to pass time and have fun while were waiting.
But it wasn't hard to tell whenever there's a real valid code.

We all posted codes, we admitted to it. No one here is denying that we did it. No one is here is accepting fault for what others chose to do with those snippets of conversation after they read them. If you were here for JUST codes, post one was the only place you needed to be.

No but people are trying to defend their right to act stupid on a website that they don't own, even though the owner doesn't like the behavior. And yes I know that post one was the only place I needed to look for codes (if it was updated in time), but other visitors were not guaranteed to know that.

If SSC has a different date, go with theirs. They are the ultimate authority on code length, not this thread.

Because we were having a conversation, and people were testing codes to see if they worked, in fact it began in the first day when the whole "codes are out now somewhere on our site!" People started trying codes just to see where they got to, then they just got more and more ridiculous as they evolved along with the conversation. Everybody who walked in and saw a fake code and ran to SSC to complain about it was no different than someone walking into a conversation, hearing a single word, and then ranting and raving over that single word.

Context is everything.

IMO, thats a pretty pathetc reason for creating a problem. Even IF the fake codes started out as an effort to discover new codes, I saw how it all got so out of hand. It wasn't neccessary, no matter how you much some may think its ok

Wait, are people really crying about the fake codes that were posted?

It was a non issue. It's all over, go to bed.

IMO, thats a pretty pathetc reason for creating a problem. Even IF the fake codes started out as an effort to discover new codes, I saw how it all got so out of hand. It wasn't neccessary, no matter how you much some may think its ok

It wasn't an issue, nobody was hurt by it, nobody who saw a fake code and then when they got told "oh no that isn't a code" by Sideshow didn't need to take it to the next level and call their customer service.

THAT was the issue, not the codes. That someone had the time and effort to call Sideshow and ***** about a conversation on a forum is the real issue.

We didn't sit here and chuckle to ourselves and go "Heh heh, how can we get people upset enough to call Sideshow???" we were having a conversation, and someone got upset and ran with it. My typing a code that said "savetheclocktower" is in no way was responsible for that person picking up their phone and calling customer service. Had I gone to that persons house and forced them at gunpoint to call customer service and complain about my post, then yes, thats my responsibility.

Those were both valid codes. The first one got me a free Professor X bust and the second got me 30% off a Ponda Boba figure.

Crap, I missed out! Calls up SS . . .

I think we all have to realize that although we thought we were being funny we were really confusing a lot of people who maybe were only stopping by for 2 seconds that they could spare out of their day to visit the forum with help with Spook that this thread was designed to do. If Dave doesn't like the way we were posting we should own up to it and admit we were in the wrong. There are plenty of other threads here to act stupid in.

I won't own up to something someone else did, the same as I wouldn't expect someone to own up for something I did. I completely appreciate your perspective on this and I agree with the sentiment. I just don't believe that it's worth curbing the expression of the many because of a few unidentified idiots. And this has nothing to do with free speech as this is a privately owned forum. I participate in this thread primarily for the camaraderie, and I expect, based on feedback, that many other people do as well.

If someone else wants to run a code dissemination thread with military precision, that's great. Maybe I'll subscribe to it and catch some info there. But no one should expect any other specific person (such as myself for example) to be slave to its operation. I'll do it on commission maybe if the rate is decent. ;)

Technically and hour and change left...but yeah, nothing's gonna happen.

To tell the truth, I'm underwhelmed by this Spooktacular. Of course I'm thankful for the free codes but frankly, the amount of time I had to spend at my computer refreshing screens kind of makes $45 seem...not worth the amount of time I had to spend getting it. I make $35 an hour where I work. I must have spent about 60 hours this week to earn that $45. And I would have traded the $45 away for some really cool new product reveals. What I really found useful was the coupon codes, which led to me buying a figure I would have otherwise overlooked. If I were Sideshow I'd stop issuing the reward codes at all next time and instead concentrate on coupon codes and product reveals and fun contests. It just seems like it would be less hectic.

Visit thread this morning - people arguing about fake codes.
Visit thread eight hours later - people still arguing about fake codes.

Shakes head, leaves.

Technically and hour and change left...but yeah, nothing's gonna happen.

To tell the truth, I'm underwhelmed by this Spooktacular. Of course I'm thankful for the free codes but frankly, the amount of time I had to spend at my computer refreshing screens kind of makes $45 seem...not worth the amount of time I had to spend getting it. I make $35 an hour where I work. I must have spent about 60 hours this week to earn that $45. And I would have traded the $45 away for some really cool new product reveals. What I really found useful was the coupon codes, which led to me buying a figure I would have otherwise overlooked. If I were Sideshow I'd stop issuing the reward codes at all next time and instead concentrate on coupon codes and product reveals and fun contests. It just seems like it would be less hectic.

If your time was more valuable than this thread then when you saw that the first code was $5, you should have stopped there. You could have just as easily chosen to just participate in the things you liked, and skipped the $5 codes. So why did you stay after you saw how it worked on day one?

I had a great Spook and got myself $55 in reward points! :yess: Although there is another hour and fifteen minutes left in the day, I think its the end of the codes and thats fine by me. This was a fun Spook and I'm sure we'll all be back next year for another one. :)

No but people are trying to defend their right to act stupid on a website that they don't own,

If you're leveling an accusation come out and do it straight up and name names. Don't say "people" if you're talking about a specific person. The people doing the defending aren't defending their own actions because they weren't necessarily the ones who caused any problem to begin with. But speaking for myself, I'm defending the concept of this thread and the intelligence of its participants. I'm defending myself from baseless accusations.

I definitely think it's time for a private thread.

Back