Creed 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think Creed was one of the best in the entire franchise. It showed a side if Rocky that I think made his character more complete. I thought young Creed was a very solid character. Loved the way the fight scenes were shot. Well written and well acted story. I just didn't care for the girlfriend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I agree with this, Creed is my favorite film in the franchise and it's the only one I actually own. I've seen it three times so far and it just keeps getting better. It also has my favorite score/soundtrack in the series. That goes on repeat for weeks when I get in the mood to listen to it, "If I fight, you fight" is my favorite track.

While Creed is without a doubt a good film, it doesn't even come close to the original Rocky.

I enjoyed Creed.

Anyone think it will be the last time we see Rocky though in part 2? Seems his story is coming to an end.....a rather depressing end really.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have yet to even see Creed.

And yes, Rocky dies in Creed 2, almost certain of it.

Then Creed will get trained by a White rival fighter.

Then he will have an exhibition against the Afghanistan express and will kill him in the ring, and then Creed will have to go over there to fight him.

I'll be here waiting on my check, Sly.

I enjoyed Creed.

Anyone think it will be the last time we see Rocky though in part 2? Seems his story is coming to an end.....a rather depressing end really.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I saw Creed not long ago, and agree that it was good, but Rocky himself was a bit of a sad bastard most of the time, battling cancer and really longing for death in much of the film. He was incredibly respectful of the character and his past, though, and that was nice to see. The Creed character had an interesting arc, but I don't see what else Rocky can do in this franchise.

Creed 1 was a story that did not need to be told. Franchise should have stopped at Rocky Balboa!
I have to agree. Although I had been really looking forward to seeing Creed because I love the Rocky movies, I was left feeling completely unfulfilled. They didn't need Rocky in that movie, in my opinion. Yes, I watched it because I wanted to see what became of him in his later years but it felt like piece-work and without chemistry.

That is my personal feeling on it. There were a lot of things that needed to be better felt out and reworked, in my opinion. Mauve it is because my expectations were so high but I really was disappointed with the final product.

Sent from my SM-C115W using Tapatalk

I think the franchise peaked, and would have done very well stopping after the first film. And from a dramatic perspective, Creed is up there in the upper echelon of Rocky films. So, if we were going to have sequels at all, I think this is justifiable. Rocky 5, on the other hand. . .

Just watched the first one and I thought it was great, it's probably between my third or fourth favorite "Rocky" movie. Good story, good way to continue the franchise without reboots or recasts. There's some genuine "passing the torch" feel here and It's being done right and I wish they had done the same to other classic movies like Indy or Ghostbusters.

Just watched the first one and I thought it was great, it's probably between my third or fourth favorite "Rocky" movie. Good story, good way to continue the franchise without reboots or recasts. There's some genuine "passing the torch" feel here and It's being done right and I wish they had done the same to other classic movies like Indy or Ghostbusters.

They tried with Indy. However, will anyone go see a sequel starring Shia LeBeouf? :lol

I thought Shia was fine as a sidekick character. No way I'd want a franchise based on him though.

Well, he plays Indy's son. So, he would've definitely been groomed to lead the franchise if the movie was successful.

Back