Credit Card Debt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in 05 (that's 2005...NOT 1905 :eek:), I decided that I was going to do some catching up of the Weta/LOTR statues and made a conscious decision to use the cc. I consolidated all the piddly balances of our combined 5 cc's (hubby and mine) into one cc -- interest free for 1 year. After 13 months, I moved that balance to another cc company for 1 year interest free. All the while I'm paying BIG payments (but still was less than what we were paying on the 5 cards combined). Still have a small balance but small enough that I can pay off in 1 month from my savings if I need to. And I don't begrudge the small interest I'm giving them. Careful management of the cc's allows one to get the cake and eat it too. :D

Well, compared to just about everyone I know I make about 1/2 of their salaries. I really barely make enough to live for a single person in the city....crazy to think that this was actually a good salary 20+ years ago...Anyway, I just found out I'm getting a raise!!! About darn time I say because it's only been 7 feakin' year!s! But I do also get great year end bonuses and birthday bonuses....but I'm so excited to have a raise!! Now I'll be paying my credit cards off in no time!!! :rock :rock

credit lines are a helpful way to pay off credit cards... very low interest!

If the money's not there - I can't have it.

That's the attitude I was brought up with...a credit card is really money that you DON'T have so I really avoid using my credit card at all. And when I do, I try to pay it all off ASAP in one lump.

I use my check/debit card for ALL my purchases.

I made a bone head move and started using the CC this past year for little stuff and DAMN DID IT ADD UP QUICK! Now i'm sitting with a $2,600 bill. Not to forget that I have 2 more cards with my wife's tuition on them so that's another $6,000 right there. On top of that we're having a baby in June/July and she'll be out of work for a year. Ugh, it sucks. I'm pretty much at the point where i'm done collecting for a long time. I've decided to pick up a figure here and there (Dead, etc...) but no more major purchases. Actually, a lot of my stuff is going to be up for sale as time goes on. I really would like to be as close to debt free as possible by the time the baby gets here. Will that happen? I doubt it but it's worth a shot. I'd also really like to buy a house in the next 2 years as well and buying more figures won't help that...

Growing up sucks! I really want to go back to pre-school with naptime and milk...

Back