Credit Card Debt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collectibles lose value too fast as it is, to be tacking on CC interest on top of that is not right.

Probably not looking for a lecture, but I'd stop buying mostly new collectibles for a while and pay off the CC.

When you have the bill paid down and a little cash on hand you can go back and find those items on the secondary market for even less than retail.

I agree. Not only do they lose value, but by the time you add the total interest you paid while you carried the debt to the cost of the item, you're really in bad shape.

For me, the less debt you have, the better your life is! Other than the mortgage, we dont carry debt. We dont have car payments, cc debt, etc. We worked to pay everything off, and thats the way we keep it. If we cant pay cash, then we cant afford it.

We keep 2 CC for emergencies, not collectibles. Like a new roof if it got blown away.

I'm so **** about debt of any kind, it just weighs on my mind constantly.

I have a small home equity loan and my wife's school loan that I look at probably more than once a month and always work stuff in my head like "if I pay X for the next 24 months it will be gone" then like a week later I think it over again and usually come to the same result. LOL.

CC debt and the relatively lame stuff that adds to it (restraunt bills and 2 dozen $25 purchases from Target that I probably never needed) would just weigh me down.

I won't even say how much is on my credit card:lol

It's not all from collectibles though. After my I kicked out my ex last year I had to get new carpet and fix up several things around the house ( still a couple of things to go as well ).

I hope to have it paid off by Summer though.

Man, sounds like it was a great relationship! :emperor

I had credit disaster last year. HUGE dept! Not only from collecting, but from years of irresponsible credit card use. I had to do a credit consolidation thing to get it under control.

Now. NO credit cards. PERIOD! I do cash and debit. If I can afford it, then I cant get it.

It always starts small. Saying things like "I only own X amount of dollars" or "If I had to I could pay it off today" are how it started. Then a snow ball effect happens and before you know it you are ****ed.

I manage to pay off my credit cards as well. I don't need the extra debt since I went to pharmacy school and now have student loan debt. At least last week I became a licensed pharmacist so my income will be increased to 6 digits by this time next year. :cool:

i won't say what my debt is. but i have had enough of paying discover card. so now i am down to just one credit card and have to be very selective in what i buy in 2008. i plan to be debt free by august or sept...

I manage to pay off my credit cards as well. I don't need the extra debt since I went to pharmacy school and now have student loan debt. At least last week I became a licensed pharmacist so my income will be increased to 6 digits by this time next year. :cool:

aka drug dealer :D:lol

Flexpay and debit card are your best friends. I always use either to keep my habit going. I will never use my cc unless it was absolutely necessary.

And even that, I would rather eat beans and rice the rest of the month instead of putting a collectible on the card.

I had credit disaster last year. HUGE dept! Not only from collecting, but from years of irresponsible credit card use. I had to do a credit consolidation thing to get it under control.

Now. NO credit cards. PERIOD! I do cash and debit. If I can afford it, then I cant get it.

It always starts small. Saying things like "I only own X amount of dollars" or "If I had to I could pay it off today" are how it started. Then a snow ball effect happens and before you know it you are ****ed.

I've recently experienced that snow ball effect and it's a scary feeling. I've cut way back on my purchases (but my earlier big splurges like the Doom Excl and Grey Hulk and lots of PFs really kinda put me over the edge). I'm slowly getting things down, but it sure seems like it's taking forever. Badmoon, if I owed what you owe, I would be singing praises at the top of my lungs. My debt is scary.....but I'm hoping it will be almost gone by summer. If not, I may be doing that debt consolidation thing myself. I have excellent credit, just too much. And with a lot of dental bills from earlier, I've had to put more things on my card than I would have liked. I am convinced that credit cards are the devil. When my debt is gone, it's going to be debit cards only.

I have just decided to Pay all my **** before buying anything else! I so tired of debt and Credits Cards!! I only have the SIM cause i sold him thats it! If i dong got the money then no buying!:monkey2 I have taken controll!!! :rock YEAH!!!

Henceforth, instead of buying/receiving collectibles, p!tuvision videos will feature his elation as he makes each monthly credit card payment. :lol :lol :lol :lol

:duff

I have just decided to Pay all my **** before buying anything else! I so tired of debt and Credits Cards!! I only have the SIM cause i sold him thats it! If i dong got the money then no buying!:monkey2 I have taken controll!!! :rock YEAH!!!

Good for you P!tu!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Back